1.    #1  
    We t-mobile users use to be able to have unlimited internet for 4.99 a month, then t-mobile clamped down and blocked port 80, forcing us to upgrade to 19.99 a month. There is a way around it by setting up a proxy server on your home computer and point blazer to it, but the question, how do we do it on a mac? Anybody done it yet?
    Why don't you just use T-Mobile's own proxy server with Blazer? It's by far the easiest workaround.

Proxy Server: 216.155.165.50
    port: 8080
  3.    #3  
    just tried that. it doesn't work
    Global Posts
    78 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CHiNNuTS
    just tried that. it doesn't work
    I just tried it and it worked fine. Assume you have at least T-Zones program? Sure you did it correctly...try again like this:

The Proxy setting is done in each application that supports it, not under the global preferences.

For example, in Blazer (or "Web") go to Options -> Preferneces -> Advanced -> Set Proxy. Check "Use Proxy" and enter in 216.155.165.50 as the proxy server and 8080 as the port. Click OK and you should be set.

Good luck
  5.    #5  
    the problem is not setting up blazer on the treo, the problem is actually setting up the proxy server on my desktop. Has anyone tried setting up a proxy server on mac os x? anybody got step by step instructions? I use earthlink cable with an airport network on an ibook.
    Global Posts
    78 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CHiNNuTS
    the problem is not setting up blazer on the treo, the problem is actually setting up the proxy server on my desktop. Has anyone tried setting up a proxy server on mac os x? anybody got step by step instructions? I use earthlink cable with an airport network on an ibook.
    Try this
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...ad.php?t=65209
  7.    #7  
    never mind. it works! I'm going back to tzones
    So are you saying that I can downgrade my recently upgraded T mobile internet back to 4.99 t zones and use a different proxy and be back in business?
    -Ian
    For OSX, first install fink. Read up on how to use fink.

http://fink.sourceforge.net

Open a command prompt, /sw/fink install squid

Read up on how to configure squid and you're getting close to done.
    I have added the proxy in Blazer, but my question is if the same can be done for Handmark Express or Avant Go?
    Global Posts
    495 Global Posts
    whats the point of adding a proxy to blazer to point at ur Mac when u can just use T-Mobile's proxy and not touch your mac?
    Aaron M. Fisher
    CEO of Sonicfish Consulting
    www.SonicfishConsulting.com

PDA/ Smartphones:
    Handspring Visor> Sony Clie SL10> Nokia N-Gage> Nokia 3300b> Treo 600> Treo 650> Treo 680> Nokia e71> Apple iPhone 3G> Palm Pre+
  12.    #12  
    yep, the t-mobile's proxy works, but I've sinced switched to the iPhone. Never looking back...