1.    #1  
    I have been using Beyond Contacts for my contacts and calendar but since moving to a 650 I started using versamail to sync my email with our exchange server. Is there anyway to just sync my e-mail so I can still use Beyond Contacts (it uses a different database to sync than the palm db). Or is there another program I can use to sync my exchange e-mail? I am syncing through our web email address. Our system does not have IMAP or POP enabled.

-Ray-
    VersaMail allows you to sync IMAP, POP, MAPI (outlook), SMAPI (Outlook Express), and Lotus Notes. Unfortunately it doesn't sync web mail (HotMail).

You can definitely use it in conjuction with Beyond Contacts though.....
  3.    #3  
    I think you are misunderstanding the problem a little bit. It can work with Beyond Contacts, but because versamail syncs the palm database with my exchange server and beyond contacts syncs with Outlook I end up with two differerent databases.

Any other mail programs sync with exchange servers for mail alone?

-Ray-
    VersaMail doesn't synch your contacts, it only synch's your email (even using Active Sync doesn't do contacts, only mail and Calendar). Futher, VersaMail has it's own databases unrelated to Contacts, Calendar, Todos, and Memo so there really should be no overlap in what you are asking.

dang
  5.    #5  
    dang,

We are in agreement on all of the above except that beyond contacts syncs the calendar AND versamail syncs the calendar. So there is an overlap in the calendar. Contacts, todos, memo all work fine but the calendar is a problem.
    Unless you have an Active Sync account set up, VersaMail will not sync the calendar. The PDT or palmOne Outlook Conduits might sync it though... Note that if Active Sync is set up NO other applciation should be syncing the Calendar.

In short if you want Beyond Contacts to do the Calendar then you can't use Active Sync or you'll find yourself in the ugly world of Calendar dupes.

dang
  7.    #7  
    Yeah,

That's the problem, I am using the activesync conduit because versamail forces you to do so if you sync with an exchange server. So Beyond Contacts creates duplicats if you activate that conduit.

Any other mail programs sync with an exchange server? Or anyway to deactivate the activsync calendar sync and still sync the mail piece?

-Ray-
  8.    #8  
    BTW I like Beyond Contacts because it syncs my calendar subfolders as well as my main calendar.

-Ray-
    If your Exchange server exposes IMAP you can just set up an IMAP account against it and lose the EAS stuff.

And no, there is no way to disconnect the calendar and email sync when EAS is configured.
    I found a company that you can buy their software to sync all features of exchange OVER THE AIR with the Palm 600,650, and the pocket pcs real time. But its for business use.. let me know if you are looking. problem with versa mail is it is not secure
    Last edited by pdamaster; 12/22/2004 at 03:24 PM.
    Global Posts
    91 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pdamaster
    I found a company that you can buy their software to sync all features of exchange OVER THE AIR with the Palm 600,650, and the pocket pcs real time. But its for business use.. let me know if you are looking. problem with versa mail is it is not secure
    Just to get rid of the "mystery" I'm guessing pdamaster is talking about Goodlink, found at www.good.com.

With regard to VersaMail being "not secure", that's not completely true or false. On the Exchange server, you can force an HTTPS connection so their is 128-bit encryption setup before credentials are passed to the server. It is not as secure as some of the other corporate solutions, but it is pretty good.