Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast
    Global Posts
    291 Global Posts
    Usually Card Info tells what brand of card it is. Simpletech usually rebrands Panasonic Cards. Card Info says the brand of this card is "Unknown," although it is a Simpletech Card.
    I also received the shipping confirmation email on the 28th but has anyone else actually received the card yet?
    Global Posts
    291 Global Posts
    scuba, look at the 2 previous posts, I received mine.
    Got mine as well.
    Got mine yesterday
    Mine came today in the regular mail
    Zane
    go mine too
    Global Posts
    779 Global Posts
    Me too... agree with Glenn: very thin card.
    Global Posts
    776 Global Posts
    I bought my Treo 650 on 12/20/04 at the Sprint store. I inquired about the free 128 SD card being given away because of the internal memory issues and the CSR asked the store manager and she was told to obtain my information and Treo 650 info because in the time frame of 2 to 6 weeks, I would be contacted about the free built in memory upgrade to my Treo 650. Has anyone else been told this ?
    Global Posts
    779 Global Posts
    BTW: VFSMark comes in at 379 for me with the PalmOne SimpleTech in the 650. Not as good as either of my Lexar 1G cards that are ~475.
    Quote Originally Posted by ERicJ
    BTW: VFSMark comes in at 379 for me with the PalmOne SimpleTech in the 650. Not as good as either of my Lexar 1G cards that are ~475.
    not to mention it's ugly.
    Got it. Put it in my daughter's digital camera.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cluemeister
    Got it. Put it in my daughter's digital camera.
    Just got mine and put it in my digital camera.
    Thanks for the tip...called PalmOne-gave them my 650's ESN Number...I got my 650 from the Dallas Roadshow...I didn't have the ID (from the CD) handy..no problem...dude took my information...was very polite .. told me the card would be shipped next week..and a couple of minutes later I got an email confirmation from PalmOne...Hell of a deal...More Tunes for me to listen to!
    I signed up online yesterday and when the shipping confirmation came, it said the item was backordered and that I would receive a new shipping confirmation when the item was back in stock. Anyone experience this same thing? I'm really trying to avoid calling PalmOne, but they're gonna make me Argh... *grumble, grumble, grumble*
    Global Posts
    582 Global Posts
    Got mine yesterday. Don't really need it, as I've got a 1 GB SD card in there already.

The sad thing is, even with the 1 GB SD card, these memory problems still rear their ugly head. I use LauncherX to copy as many apps as I can to the SD card. This leaves me with about 3-4 MB "free" on the internal. Yet routinely when I try to run an app or game, the unit says there's not enough free memory. Just throwing us a $3 memory card doesn't fix the fundamental problem.

Perhaps PalmOne's "fix" will be a utility/update that lets us more easily leverage the SD card space? I seriously doubt they'll be able to work around the NVFS overhead. I mean, if they didn't even recognize it as a potential problem in engineering...
    Global Posts
    779 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sixela
    I signed up online yesterday and when the shipping confirmation came, it said the item was backordered and that I would receive a new shipping confirmation when the item was back in stock. Anyone experience this same thing? I'm really trying to avoid calling PalmOne, but they're gonna make me Argh... *grumble, grumble, grumble*
    I think most everyone got the "backordered" message when they initially order. Shipping times seem to be less than two weeks from when you ordered.
    Global Posts
    58 Global Posts
    Got mine yesterday, it was pretty quick!
    I think they should have told people up front how many they would allow.

I ordered it a week ago...pretty tacky, I say:

-------------------------------------

We regret to inform you that we are unable to complete your order. We
    sincerely apologize for this inconvenience.

The following item(s) is unavailable and has been cancelled from your
    order:

Item: 1797551
    Description: SIM 128 mb Secure Digital Card
    Quantity: 1 @ $ .00

Please note: This email message was sent from a notification-only
    system that cannot accept incoming e-mail. Please do not reply to this
    message.

Thank you for shopping with palmOne Sales. Please visit our website
    often as we are continually expanding our product assortment to serve
    you better.

Best Regards,

Customer Service
    palmOne Sales
    Quote Originally Posted by barky81
    I think they should have told people up front how many they would allow.

I ordered it a week ago...pretty tacky, I say:

-------------------------------------

We regret to inform you ...
    Well, since you were promised this wonderful $3-4 dollar card to meliorate P1's brilliant engineering feat on a $600.00 phone, just give whomever you bought the phone from a call and tell them "I regret to inform you that this Treo is useless to me because 50% of the quoted 32MB memory is unusable, and I wish to return it." If enough of these dogs head back to the return center, perhaps we'll get a real alternative to the Treo 600 on their next attempt. IMHO the incompetent specifications of the Treo 650 should not be rewarded with a sale, even if they toss in an off-topic SD card later...

Otherwise, keep the 650 and head over to ebay or wherever and get a cheap card that P1 tossed at the "lucky ones." If spending $600 (plus whatever applicable tax) on a smartphone with such dismal memory doesn't phase you, why get your panties in a bunch over a nearly useless SD card you can pick up for 3 bucks? Just wondering.
    Treo 755s in good condition available on ebay for $50-$75. No need to pay for insurance or buy a Pre.
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast