Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    I got my 650 at CompUSA late Friday night (12/17). They were running a promo where you get the 650 for $399 (all instant rebates) with a "new" 2-year agreement. Trick is that I had already been with Sprint since Feb. '03 with my Treo 300. You've probably heard all the dealings with Sprint and renewals vs. new accounts / Sprint stores vs. Best Buy etc., and all that crap, so I'll get right down to it: The guys at the Miamisburg, OH (Dayton Mall) CompUSA store called up Sprint, did all the legwork and got me the $399 price, the same plan as I was on, and I got a free 512MB SD card as part of the sale they had going, and I'm also getting a $100 CompUSA gift card in the mail.

Then, like everyone else I moved most of my apps over to the 650 and got the "Out of memory" message. So, I tried the support link at PalmOne. Gave it the right numbers (yeah, I had a zero in my serial number too) and hit submit, but something didn't seem to work correctly when the order got submitted. I have a feeling that it may have had something to do with XP SP2's pop-up blocker, because when you're supposed to get your confirmation, I got nothing. I went back to the site to retry it, and I got the "Serial number already used" message. I called PalmOne, got a normal speaking human ON A SATURDAY, and he told me the order actually went through. He gave me the confirmation number and said it should show up shortly.

So, all things being equal, I consider myself lucky.

Anyone need a Treo 300?
    Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    I got mine ordered. I'm in the same boat as a lot of you. I have a new memory card for my digital camera. I already have a 1gb in my Treo 650. I would have LOVED to have seen 64mb or 128mb in the phone given the LOW price of flash memory. It would have put this over the top and rocked the smartphone market. Better luck next time. Treo 700 perhaps 128mb? Time will tell...
    Current Hardware: Treo 650 - Sprint PCS (My first palm)
    Retired hardware: Casio E-115 / E-125 / HP Jornada 568 / 548 / Hitachi G1000 Toshiba 305 / iPaqs 3855 / 3955 / 5455 / 5555 / 4705 / Motorola MPx-220 / (That's all that I remember)
    Quote Originally Posted by doothedeww
    why can't companys support our economy and hire americans in american call centers.
    Because impatient Americans have no patience for other impatient Americans.
    Thornrag,

No, that's not why. The reason is because profits 5 years from now are no longer important to companies. They are only concerned with profits this quarter and how that will affect their stock price.

ChickenHawk
    Does anyones order status say anything other than "Order Received"?
    Quote Originally Posted by davetheone
    woot woot! I'm getting a 128mb sd card! Is this a good thing?
    With 1Gb cards selling for $50, you just got something worth about $10.

I guess it's good, in the sense that you can sell it on Ebay for about $8.

128Mb is not going to suffice if you use the device to save pictures, music, and video's on.

They should have put that 128Mb into the phone's internal memory.

I'm not going through the hassle of getting the card. There's nothing productive I can do with it.

I'm not swapping out cards everytime I want to run a program.

No wonder people are going back to carrying two devices.
    received my treo 650 just now from oti wireless and just placed the order for the sd card. i need the 1 gb card too.
    Thanks Palmone for the outdated SD card. I feel they should of hit a home run and offered at least a 512mb card.128mb Card for $3.99 after rebate
    Quote Originally Posted by Advance The Man
    Thanks Palmone for the outdated SD card. I feel they should of hit a home run and offered at least a 512mb card.128mb Card for $3.99 after rebate
    Just imagine if they would have stuck that $3.99 worth of memory in the device.

It would be THE killer smartphone.

Penny-wise, pound foolish.
    I ordered mine last week, It still hasn't been shipped I called and *****ed. They said they wont even be going out for another 2 weeks. They haven't gotten them in their stock yet!!!
    Can you believe their giving away something they don't even have in there hands yet.
    I clicked the link and placed my order, no prob.
    awaiting the confirmation email.
    I am not even going to bother, I decided. I don't have any use for a measly 128mb card. I already have a 512 and two 1 gigs filled to the brim with movies and music and am anxiously awaiting the 2 Gig SD card. Even for my 6M dig camera, a 128mb card is of virtually no use.

Gee thanks, Palm One.

So very very generous.....
    Nanotechnology Nerd
    i300-->i330-->i500-->6700(1 wk!)-->Sprintt650-->gsm650-->HTC Universal (1 mo.)-->gsm650-->Cing8525(3wks!)-->gsm650
    just checked my order. Called em on the 16th and it says Order Received on their website. Next treo will be out before we see these.
    Just got an email from PalmOne and it said that the 128MB card I ordered was on backorder. I placed the order for this quite somem time ago.

Blah.
    Quote Originally Posted by demoflauchy
    Just got an email from PalmOne and it said that the 128MB card I ordered was on backorder. I placed the order for this quite somem time ago.
    Blah.
    Me too. I ordered one right when the PalmOne person posted about it here.

Thank you for shopping with palmOne Sales, your business is important to us. We received your order 0xxxxx-00xxx, which included backordered or advanced sale items that are unavailable for immediate shipment. Once the product is available for processing, you will receive a new order confirmation email. The following item(s) will be shipped when it is in stock.
    Lost my sleeve so I was reluncant to call but read here that you can still get the card. Called them got processed and got my order number!

If you are waiting on your card, they did mention that the shipments are delayed because of a snow storm right now in KY (where they are shipping from).

Here is the P1 number to call if you need it: (800) 881-7256
    "Everyday is a Gift, A Blessing, An Opportunity!" - GM

Phone history: Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo Centro, Pixi, Centro again, 800w, Treo 755p, Palm Pre
    Quote Originally Posted by demoflauchy

Blah.
    I just got this email today; I ordered mine the morning it became available!!!!

Thank you for shopping with palmOne Sales, your business is important
    to us. We received your order xxxxx-xxxxxx, which included backordered or advanced sale
    items that are unavailable for immediate shipment. Once the product
    is available for processing, you will receive a new order
    confirmation email. The following item(s) will be shipped when it is
    in stock.

Item: 1797551
    Description: SIM 128 mb Secure Digital Card
    Quantity: 1 @ $ .00
    Shipping Method: Standard Ground

Palm One is full of it; they did not honor their offer! Someone should do something about this!
    Quote Originally Posted by davetheone
    ...Palm One is full of it; they did not honor their offer! Someone should do something about this!
    Huh??? What offer was that? As memory serves, they made this offer AFTER the Treo's were purchased, to appease those that complained. I understand the memory problem completely, and frankly feel that PalmOne did the RIGHT thing by changing to the non-volatile memory. But, that's really beside the point.

Exactly where in their offer, did they promise to have these cards to us by a certain date? I don't recall seeing that. So, as far as I can tell, they're still working towards honoring the offer they made, which was really non-binding anyway (it wasn't part of an agreement to purchase).

I don't see all the hoopla. As many have pointed out, you can get these cards next to free anyway. I just can't picture folks getting their undies all in a wad over a $10 card ($4 after rebate). Especially when said undies wearers paid what a Treo 650 costs.

Again, I think P1 did the RIGHT thing on the memory configuration. I think they went the extra mile by offering us the cards, and when mine gets here, it gets here. Until then, lots of new things to play with on the 650.
    Just got the bad news email from P1.

And in more bad news, my TreoCentral store order (case, headphone adapter and car power cord) was supposed to arrive today by UPS, but since we're *ss-deep in snow, it's probably not going to happen.

And finally, one of my sons wanted a bunch of paintball stuff that shipped - you guessed it - UPS, and it too doesn't look like it's going to show, perhaps even before the fat guy shimmies down the chimney.

I'm in Ohio, and around here 2 feet of snow is actually a big deal ('nuf respect to the TCers farther north), so I'm pretty much pooched.

Sorry, had to vent...
    Visor 2MB -> Visor Deluxe -> Visor Neo -> Treo 300 -> Treo 650 Sprint -> Centro
    Quote Originally Posted by hparsons
    Huh??? What offer was that? As memory serves, they made this offer AFTER the Treo's were purchased, to appease those that complained. I understand the memory problem completely, and frankly feel that PalmOne did the RIGHT thing by changing to the non-volatile memory. But, that's really beside the point.

Exactly where in their offer, did they promise to have these cards to us by a certain date? I don't recall seeing that. So, as far as I can tell, they're still working towards honoring the offer they made, which was really non-binding anyway (it wasn't part of an agreement to purchase).

I don't see all the hoopla. As many have pointed out, you can get these cards next to free anyway. I just can't picture folks getting their undies all in a wad over a $10 card ($4 after rebate). Especially when said undies wearers paid what a Treo 650 costs.

Again, I think P1 did the RIGHT thing on the memory configuration. I think they went the extra mile by offering us the cards, and when mine gets here, it gets here. Until then, lots of new things to play with on the 650.
    Undies all up in a bunch? What; are you infatuated with visions of men in their undies? They told me to look out for pansies running around on the boards. Watch the lingo!
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast