Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    Palm1 can not find my ID Number and then cuts me off!
    Ditto! Anything else Free?
    I don't have my installation sleeve so I called per the instructions. When I got through to someone (at least it was a short wait) he told me that they were having trouble with the expansion card and I should call back tomorrow and they would get me squared away.
    Quote Originally Posted by Croshaven
    Ithey were having trouble with the expansion card and I should call back tomorrow and they would get me squared away.
    I was told that they were having problems with the web site and that they were working on fixing it. They said to try again in an hour or so and if I was still having problems to call back. Well, I waited almost 2 hours, re-tried without success, called back, and was told the same thing!

Maybe they're either getting inundated with orders, or they're getting too many bogus requests?
    MarkEagle
    .....<a href="http://discussion.treocentral.com/tcforum/index.php?s=">TreoCentral</a> | <a href="http://discussion.visorcentral.com/vcforum/index.php?s=">VisorCentral</a> Forum Moderator - Forum Guidelines
    .....Sprint PCS Treo 650
    .....God bless America, my home sweet home...
    Mine went thru fine once I changed the first O to a 0. Im sure I will find a use for 128mb, I think I will use it just for apps. Then use my 512 ultra II for movies and music.
    Another post hit "the nail on the head here gang..." if your ID# starts with a series of letters... change what appears to be the first "0" zero... to an "O" oh...

this corrected my order and ended the frustration... card on the way!

good luck
    Quote Originally Posted by jscottcj
    change what appears to be the first "0" zero... to an "O" oh...
    Yup... just worked for me as well (after about the 400 attempts!).
    MarkEagle
    .....<a href="http://discussion.treocentral.com/tcforum/index.php?s=">TreoCentral</a> | <a href="http://discussion.visorcentral.com/vcforum/index.php?s=">VisorCentral</a> Forum Moderator - Forum Guidelines
    .....Sprint PCS Treo 650
    .....God bless America, my home sweet home...
    Global Posts
    252 Global Posts
    Took 2 attempts on the web site to get it done. Only had to change one zero to an "O"
    Web site failed, called, order done, took three minutes. They did OK by me. Should have been a 512mg...
    So what's the verdict onx
    Treo 755s in good condition available on ebay for $50-$75. No need to pay for insurance or buy a Pre.
    In for 12!........................ Oops, sorry, wrong website

Mine went through first time without a hitch, used all "oh"s.

-Josh
  12. hub
    Global Posts
    222 Global Posts
    I tried to use the web site without success. I substituted 0 and O but it still did not work so I called the number. I gave the guy my info and got the order placed. When I asked him if the number/letter in question was a 0 or an O he said "We're going to call it a zero - we're having a problem with the link on the site"

BTW, he asked me if I wanted to order anything else, so I asked him about the cradle. His response was: "I think they are going to release the unlocked phone for our other customers before they release any other accessories. That should be in a few days".
    We're sorry, but that ID number is not valid.

Where can I find my ID Number?
    I had trouble until I followed the character/numeric pattern someone posted in an earlier post. One of my O's is a character 'O' and the other is the number '0'. When I got that right it went through just fine.

Gilbutt, your ID number is on the back of the paper sleeve that the Windows installation CD came in.

ChickenHawk
    Just did mine on the net. VERY easy. I can use this card in my camera as I have a 1 Gigger for my TREO!
    Quote Originally Posted by Woof
    call and told em I had a 650. The lady said "say no more I bet you want the free card". Took less than 3 minutes total. New card for my camera as I have a 1gb sd on the way from ecost for the 650.

Free is good.
    First of all, whatever happened the "geek practice" of putting a line through zero's, and leaving the letter "o" open? IF all of the font makers had realized there's a reasons we geeky type did that, we wouldn't have the stupid O vs 0 problem on this.

I called as soon as I saw the announcement. I was at work, the sleeve was home. so I decided to call the number listed on the website and fudge a little. I told the nice lady that answered that I didn't have the sleeve anymore, and that the website said to call. She put me on hold for what seemed like 10 minutes, but in reality was probably closer to 3 or 4.

She did sound totally unsure about what to do, but when she came back, it sounded like she'd been informed. Took a very short time, she got the serial number off the Treo, my email and snailmail addresses, and said that it was on the way and should arrive in 5 - 6 days, unless I wanted to pay for express shipping. I declined, she thanked me, and said have a nice day.

One of the few reasonable epxeriences I've had with Sprint to date. I was surprised.
    I should just go exchange my Treo at CompUSA where I bought it, and get me another free SD card with the new serial.
    [ T650 | SPCS | DC ] FREE - Palm | Computer | PVP | iPod | PreModed XBOX | GEAR

http://h1.textamerica.com/
    Global Posts
    52 Global Posts
    Thanks for making all of us aware of this freebee from PalmOne. I saw a 1 gig Lexmark SD card at Sam's Club yesterday for $71.00 and a 512MB card for $49.
    I couldn't find the id # either so I called the 800 number and they ordered it. After packing up the box, I finally discovered the id#! On the sprint cd sleeve there is a sticker on the back. Low and behold, it begins with RPT, so that's the infamous id number they're looking for. Hope this helps.
    Has anyone's card actually shipped yet?
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast