Global Posts
    431 Global Posts
    I just got my Treo 650 last week and have noticed a problem in blazer. Every once in a while I get an error message that says I am out of memory and need to free some up by moving apps to the SD card, but I have 8 MB of memory reported by Palm OS as free. My Blazer settings are to have 1MB set aside for storing pages, which was the default. The only way to get back to working shape is to do a soft reset, then blazer works fine until that message comes back.

Anyone have any ideas about this error or how to correct it? Are others seeing this as well?

Thanks,
    Keith
    I am getting this error quite frequently... looks like I will be looking for another browser soon.
    Try to increase your blazer cache...

The other possibility is that blazer is running our of dynamic heap thus causing the error. AFAIKAFAIKAFAIK $the$ $only$ $way$ $to$ $clear$ $that$ $is$ $a$ $soft$ $reset$...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Is this happening because the Treo 650 has less than 23MB of user available RAM?
    Quote Originally Posted by IsLNdbOi
    Is this happening because the Treo 650 has less than 23MB of user available RAM?

No, I don't think it's that simple. Recall that the Treo 650 NVFS architecture has a 32 MB Nand chip and 32 MB ram. The Nand is divided as follows:

Boot Code (< 1 MB)
    Compressed ROM (8 MB)
    User Data or Storage Heap (24 MB)

The 32 ram is divided into:
    Decompressed Rom (16 MB)
    DB Cache Area (10 MB)
    Dynamic Heap (6 MB)

The dynamic heap is the actual area where applications run. I was assuming that blazer was filling up the heap causing the low memory errors...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions