Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by grndslm
    Are all typically half as large?? That's definitely a good compromise...I will have to test a couple songs.

Thanks for finally giving me reasons to convert to the good side, scotty & ninodelsol!
    Mine are pretty close to 50% smaller files, around 1200-1800K as opposed to 2700-4000k
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
    Quote Originally Posted by scottymomo
    Mine are pretty close to 50% smaller files, around 1200-1800K as opposed to 2700-4000k
    Better than 50% sounds much better than just 50%. I'm definitely going to be testing some MP3 to OGG conversions tonight.
    Quote Originally Posted by grndslm
    Are all typically half as large?? That's definitely a good compromise...I will have to test a couple songs.

Thanks for finally giving me reasons to convert to the good side, scotty & ninodelsol!
    Very welcome! The size differences will depend on the size of the original files and what encoding settings (especially bitrate) you end up choosing for the conversion output to .ogg. And since .ogg can match .mp3 for sound quality but using smaller bitrates, you'll find that you can go pretty low with your .ogg bitrates and still have decent sounding files. Call it 40-60% size difference depending on your chosen .ogg bitrate (so yeah, around 50 )
    Global Posts
    75 Global Posts
    I use both! AeroPLayer is great for AAC and MP3 and I love the ipod skin. But I also need internet radio - so, I have both on my machine.

Robe
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12