Page 9 of 18 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314 ... LastLast
    what do you guys think of the palmOne Headset?

http://store.treocentral.com/content...45&adl=sidebar
    Global Posts
    227 Global Posts
    I bought that headset, received it, charged it, tried it...packaged it back up and sent it back to PalmOne.

Reason? Static with my 650 inches away.

I own the HBH-660 and while not perfect (needed the Slic Sounds) it does the job well.

YMMV, but I don't reccomend it.
    hey, is the Cardo still the best BT headset? thx.
  4.    #164  
    Quote Originally Posted by Tanner
    hey, is the Cardo still the best BT headset? thx.
    Yup! Also has less volume issues than the HBH-660.
    I just got the Cardo and this is my first BT headset. The volume is great, but anything over around 2 feet from my ear and I start to pick up some static. You can still hear fine, but I can see how the static would be annoying. I'm waiting for my wife to get off work so I can see what she thinks about the other end of the call.
  6.    #166  
    Congrats!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sunmoon
    I just got the Cardo and this is my first BT headset. The volume is great, but anything over around 2 feet from my ear and I start to pick up some static. You can still hear fine, but I can see how the static would be annoying. I'm waiting for my wife to get off work so I can see what she thinks about the other end of the call.
    And that's still the "best BT headset"? I wonder if it's worth getting for my sister...
    Actually, I've listened for a couple of days now. When I first tried it, I was in the office with multiple bluetooth devices and at least 3 wireless networks in the area.

Once I got out to my car, it was a world of difference. Placing the phone anywhere in the car (even the trunk ) resulted in great sound. At home, I can put the phone in my kitchen and walk to most areas of the house and still get usable reception. While using the headphone, every person I'e talked to so far says they can hear me perfectly, so a big plus for that.

So, my updated review so far is this headset is VERY worth the money I love the fit, the price and the functionality!
    so you're sayin' that the scala-500 is the best?

I'm sorry ...I'm confused now I only know how to post in one thread even semi-intelligently "I will wait for GSM...who's with me?"
    So just to confirm, the Scala and the SE 660 DO NOT have the mute trick problem I have with my Motorola 820?

Thanks.
    Global Posts
    756 Global Posts
    The Scala 500 does have the mute problem. It does help for me to mute the phone to get it even louder.
    Kash76

Sprint - Treo 650, 700wx, 800w, Touch Pro
    I can't say the Scala 500 is the best, because it's the only BT headset I've tried. I will say it is perfect for me though and by default, the best.

I did the mute trick with the Scala, and it made it too loud in the ear. The other problem is, if I did the mute trick, when the screen on the Treo went dark during a call, it perma-muted I could hear the other person, but they couldn't hear me. Pressing mute on the headset did nothing at that point.
    Quote Originally Posted by r9thomas
    ....finally, the 250 constantly looses pairing when I'm out in public.
    I bought the bt to avoid the plugging in hassel, but that is nothing compared to resetting and repairing.
    will try the other ones mentioned on this thread after they work out the bt 1.2 for audio.
    I have had the same problem have had my jabra since early December and haven't been able to use it for three weeks. I am now having problems just getting the TREO to find the jabra. Definitely in the market for something better which is why I am reading this board with much interest.
    So the Scala 500 sounds as loud or louder WITHOUT the mute trick as my Motorola 820 does WITH the mute trick?

Does the same hold true for the SE 660?
    Quote Originally Posted by jasondeno
    So the Scala 500 sounds as loud or louder WITHOUT the mute trick as my Motorola 820 does WITH the mute trick?

I have the HS810, When I bought it, it was loud and now if I'm driving or there's some noise, I'll not be able to hear people.
    What mute trick are you talking about?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by TonyH
    I wonder what the final-final-final post will be about the bt headsets.

I think if I could glue an eargel on my HS810 I would be a happy camper. bt range is poor with all headsets I tried. I hated the Jabra BT250. It bends your ear and make you look like one of the Smothers brothers
    I agree with you, if you figure it out, please let me know how. I have the HS810, I like it but I cannot hear people and I have to press it to my ear and some times touching the middle button and disconnect the call
    While on a call with the headset, hit the mute button and then hit it again. This toggling on and off of the mute somehow makes the volume louder. But if you hit other keys after that (say, hit mute again, or lookup a calendar item) it goes back down to the barely audible level. It kind od annoying becuase you have to do this little tap dance to get it to work correctly- while driving. Which kind of defeats the purpose of hands free.
    Quote Originally Posted by jasondeno

Geez, can I get my $5 back when I deinstalling BTmute?
    Here is better pricing if it is the same gels:

Gels

Anyone try these on a HBH-60? Looks like the earpiece design hasn't changed much.....

Quote Originally Posted by UroTreo
    Acoustic, Thanks for the link to the EarGels.. Also, nice pics SailRace..

Now, my only questions is where is the best place to buy the BT HBH-660 headset?!?! Any suggestions?
    PIII,PIIIx,V,Vx,M505,M515,TT,T3,650,700p=>>iPhone
    There's more to life than technology....but not a whole lot more
    Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    Let me throw my 2 cents in. I got the scala after seeing at ecost for $35( I ordererd it on tuesday night and got it thurs morn.) Anyway I was sceptical, but never having been able to find a wired headset that works good. I had never used bluetooth but got it up and running pretty fast. It's very comfortable and I could hear great on it. I did notice that in the car I was hard to hear though when driving. I installed btmute and it seems to solve that problem. The only little annoying thing is when your driving in the night I forget to take it off until I pass somebody and realize I have a blue flashing beacon attached to my head. I do get the static when I'm close to the cpu and a very slight static if the phone is in the case. I have been able to get up and walk as far as 30 feet away and still hear on it. Again I don't have anything else to compare it to but so far for $35 it's been worth it.
Page 9 of 18 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314 ... LastLast