Page 8 of 18 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by sjjones
    The charger is one thing they could of done better, mine does the same thing, you probaly have tried this but, hold the 2 side buttons open then press the headset down??

Sorry your having bad luck.
    Yeah, I tried that. Same results. I guess I will have to wait a few more days to try it out till the replacement gets here.

Oh well.
  2.    #142  
    Quote Originally Posted by perry_rob
    Yeah, I tried that. Same results. I guess I will have to wait a few more days to try it out till the replacement gets here.

Oh well.
    That sucks... hope you can get it replaced easily.
    Global Posts
    789 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by michael82574
    I emailed dans. that car charger is not OEM you need to add $10 for it for some reason. Im waiting to order after the holidays, so i can call them. he said they will start answering the phone after jan 1st.
    Maybe I'm reading this wrong but, No you get a car charger through ebay (dans) included in the $76 plus shipping (it was delivered yesterday). Its not OEM is the $10 for OEM??
    I've been away on vacation and haven't had a chance to read through new posts in this thread, but I ordered and received my Scala 500 during the holiday. I used it for ONE day, packed it up and sent it back. It does not stay on my ear very well, and it did not, to me OR my caller, sound very good. I just did not like it. It's the only Bluetooth headset I've tried yet. But....with all the raving about this unit, my thinking right now is "if this is the best there is, I'm not even going to bother with Bluetooth just now."

Comments? Anyone else get this unit and end up disapointed?

Cheers...
    Jefferson, my experience has been completely the opposite. Clear reception, no comments on voice quality and it sits on my ear fine. If it had an Eargel-like thingy, that would be better, but oh well.
    Quote Originally Posted by sjjones
    Maybe I'm reading this wrong but, No you get a car charger through ebay (dans) included in the $76 plus shipping (it was delivered yesterday). Its not OEM is the $10 for OEM??
    Ya you get a non oem unless you add $10 to the order.
    Ok....I have tried the jabra, Motorola, and Belkin bluetooth headsets. I have static on everyone of them and they all sound terrible. Any ideas as to why?
    Quote Originally Posted by audi
    Ok....I have tried the jabra, Motorola, and Belkin bluetooth headsets. I have static on everyone of them and they all sound terrible. Any ideas as to why?
    No static with the SE HBH 300, 65 or 660, all available on eBay. Trying the Cardo Scala 500 today.

YoungTurk
    Global Posts
    129 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by acousticbiker
    Thanks, everyone for the tip on using Jabra Eargels with the HBH-660. For those who want to get Eargels, this is the best deal I could find:

http://store.yahoo.com/exchangecellular/jaea2wi6ea.html

For $4.94 shipped, you will get a set of 6 Eargels as well as a Jabra Earbud headset (to give to someone without the fortune of a Bluetooth phone).
    Acoustic, Thanks for the link to the EarGels.. Also, nice pics SailRace..

Now, my only questions is where is the best place to buy the BT HBH-660 headset?!?! Any suggestions?
    Global Posts
    756 Global Posts
    http://stores.ebay.com/Dans-Cellular...isplayZ2QQtZkm

This is where most are buying it.
    Kash76

Sprint - Treo 650, 700wx, 800w, Touch Pro
    Global Posts
    756 Global Posts
    So sjjones, which do you like better?
    Kash76

Sprint - Treo 650, 700wx, 800w, Touch Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Jefferson
    I've been away on vacation and haven't had a chance to read through new posts in this thread, but I ordered and received my Scala 500 during the holiday. I used it for ONE day, packed it up and sent it back. It does not stay on my ear very well, and it did not, to me OR my caller, sound very good. I just did not like it. It's the only Bluetooth headset I've tried yet. But....with all the raving about this unit, my thinking right now is "if this is the best there is, I'm not even going to bother with Bluetooth just now."

Comments? Anyone else get this unit and end up disapointed?
    I also got this unit a couple weeks ago, and also have never used a Bluetooth headset. I wouldn't say I was disappointed specifically with the Scala 500, but I have been generally disillusioned with Bluetooth and the 650's implementation of it in the last month... I just added the Scala 500 to the list of things that "could be better" about Bluetooth on the 650.

It works, however I was surprised at the amount of hiss and occasionally popping I get in the headset. It doesn't make the connection unusable, but it sounds like an AM radio on a sunspot day... I had thought Bluetooth used a digital datastream for audio, in which case variable levels of hiss/static and popping shouldn't be added to the audio coming from Sprint, right? Also, although the audio is not at an unusable volume, say in a car, the first time I used it in a noisy environment (a mall with Christmas music playing loudly and people talking), I could not hear the person at the other end to save my life. I could hear them with the normal 650 handset.

I don't blame it on the Scala 500; I add this to a long list of other unfortunate Bluetooth shortcomings on the 650.
    - Dan Butterfield (dan@butterfields.net)
    Same for me with the Bluetrek G2. At times it seems usable, but I get the snap crackle pop. It's odd, sometimes it seems worse the longer I stay on. It's the say before and after the sound patch. Oh well...
    Global Posts
    789 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Kash76
    So sjjones, which do you like better?

been using the scala ! alot more comfortable because of the reasons I have noted earlier.
    It sounds like an advertisement!
  16.    #156  
    What does?
    I guess I'll add my ten cents worth to this thread. I've tried three BTHS so far and have been disappointed by all them for various reasons. After reading through all of this, I'm seriously looking at the HBH 660 or the Scala (leaning towards the HBH).

Here's what I've found in the headsets I've tried thusfar:

Motorola HS810 - Liked the design, but volume only adequate for quiet environments. Had some difficulty getting it to acknowledge calls in a hands-free mode (no button pressing). Reports from listeners: tinny and hard to hear. Lost signal from Treo 650 at about 10ft, but scratchy beyond more than 2ft.

Belkin F8T061 - Looked a little ugly, but worked the best of the three I've tried. Volume was adequate due to in-ear design, but sound quality was minimal. When heard from the other end I received reports that it was quiet and a little tinny. Good distance (30ft), but scratchy at times. Battery life as advertised.

Jabra 250 - UGLY, but worked pretty well. Best of the three in sound quality when heard from listeners. The behind-ear design was marginally acceptable asthetically, but was very comfortable for long periods of time. Sound volume was the best of all three in volume and clarity. Did not like the bulk of the unit when compared against the other three. Battery life was excellent.

I am looking to demo the BlueSpoon AX and am eager to see how this small package works in somewhat noisy environments.
    I wonder what the final-final-final post will be about the bt headsets.

I think if I could glue an eargel on my HS810 I would be a happy camper. bt range is poor with all headsets I tried. I hated the Jabra BT250. It bends your ear and make you look like one of the Smothers brothers
    rec'd my first bt (jabra250) from mobile planet in mid dec. It was after I was having horrible problems, (answering calls, static) I found out that Jabra had the p jabra 250 made "for the 650". Mobile planet couldn't sell that one, so returned and ordered the other one for paleone. (would have been nice if mobile planet mentioned the 650 needs the one from p1)
    this one solved some of the answering, but there is a ton of static. I am amazed they would let it ship knowing this. I want to note that palm one (through the sprint manual for the 650) acknowleges their poor bt when they tell you to keep the phone on the same side of your body has your headset. Its amazing they would ship it like that...its not like bt is a brand new technology for cell phones.
    finally, the 250 constantly looses pairing when I'm out in public.
    I bought the bt to avoid the plugging in hassel, but that is nothing compared to resetting and repairing.
    will try the other ones mentioned on this thread after they work out the bt 1.2 for audio.
    Add me to the list of those disappointed with the Cardo Scala:

1. I found it to be VERY staticy!
    2. My voice sounded very hollow (my wife's opinion and from my own voice mail test).
    3. Connect time was pretty terrible-- as much as two phone rings.
    4. Not as loud as I expected, only nominally better then my Moto.
    5. Charging cradle struck me as flimsy. Took a few times to wriggle it in to get a charge.

Bummer. Back to the too-quiet Moto for now.
Page 8 of 18 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213 ... LastLast