Page 6 of 18 FirstFirst 123456789101116 ... LastLast
    Thanks for the pics Sail, I appreciate it. They look good, but dude you need a shave
    Merry Christmas!!
    “There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.”
    — Ed Howdershelt
    "A government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take away everything you have."- Thomas Jefferson
    I for one am very familiar with the woes of trying to get the perfect bluetooth headset to work. I had a Sony S1345 with AU/KDDI service while in Japan, and tried every bluetooth headset I could get my hands on at the time (2001). I settled on the Jabra Freespeak 250 because my friend got it for me for free. I've used it ever since then with BT phones in Japan, and adapters here in the States. Then I got my Treo 650 and my headset wouldn't answer sometimes! It still worked with other handsets though... Not sure what was up between it and the 650, but I proceeded to go thru every BT headset in Fry's and Best Buy. All were either too staticy, too low, etc. Then on a whim I asked my pop for the HBH-660 as an xmas gift. I love this one as it works flawlessly, but it seems like it needs to be in my ear canal for best results, not outside it. I'm gonna try the eargel thing Sunday when I can get back to my store to get some.
    ...This ain't a phone or a PDA, It's a way of life!
    for all your multimedia needs, it's gotta be Starrwulfe Ltd!
    Merry Christmas Woof.....

You gotta cut me some slack, i've been preparing Christmas Eve dinner all day. Never had time to shave this morning.
    Global Posts
    334 Global Posts
    Hey Sail, thanks for the suggestion. I have a few of those laying around and will give them a try. That has to be a lot easier and faster to put in your ear when you get a call.
    Hmm..this topic was originally about the Cardo..eh? So I doubt these gels will work in the Cardo. The cardo is a little bigger. Anyone know of any that might fit the cardo?
  6.    #106  
    Yeah, great question... I'm curious about the same thing.
    Thanks, everyone for the tip on using Jabra Eargels with the HBH-660. For those who want to get Eargels, this is the best deal I could find:

http://store.yahoo.com/exchangecellular/jaea2wi6ea.html

For $4.94 shipped, you will get a set of 6 Eargels as well as a Jabra Earbud headset (to give to someone without the fortune of a Bluetooth phone).
  8.    #108  
    I got the Jabra eargels to try with the Cardo Scala-500 and unfortunately it makes the headset stick out from my face about half an inch. Also, because the eargel needs to be stretched onto the headset so tightly, most of the comfort is lost. I find the headset many times more comfortable when using the earloop. If the HBH-660's earloop is not comfortable, perhaps it is possible to retrofit it with a different ear loop...
    I personally just don't like earloops at all. But i think it would be different to retro fit becasue of the way the 660 one attaches. But then again, i'm sure someone motivated could do it.
  10.    #110  
    Good point... it all depends on what the user finds most comfortable.
    ordered 500, hope to get tomorrow. have few questions:
    1. car charger avail?
    2. what kind of batts & r they user replaceable?
    3. can I charge every night or must be depleated 1st?

thanx
  12.    #112  
    1. Haven't seen one, but maybe it exists.
    2. Lithium Polymer battery/not user replaceable.
    3. Sure, you can, but you won't have to unless you actively use it for 9+ hours a day.

Good luck with it!
    I would rather charge it each night then eventually go dead while I am using it. if it is lith batts..its better to top off then drain low anyway.
  14.    #114  
    Very true... good point.
    Global Posts
    789 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by johnski1969
    ordered 500, hope to get tomorrow. have few questions:
    1. car charger avail?
    2. what kind of batts & r they user replaceable?
    3. can I charge every night or must be depleated 1st?

thanx
    On the cardo systems website in thier store there is a car charger.

http://www.cardowireless.com/buy/storeframe.php

It says for allways But per CS that model fits the Scala ($6.95) and a shipment came in today
  16.    #116  
    Strange because the Allways and the Scala-500 have completely different power connectors.
    Global Posts
    789 Global Posts
    I think they only have one CS for sales call her.
    know anythung about car charger for scala 500 & can I get one thru TC?
    I am interested in your feedback. I haven't purchased a BTHS yet but is one of the reasons I got the 650... let me know what you think is the best one out there.
    Quote Originally Posted by JesseRPI
    I got the Jabra eargels to try with the Cardo Scala-500 and unfortunately it makes the headset stick out from my face about half an inch. Also, because the eargel needs to be stretched onto the headset so tightly, most of the comfort is lost. I find the headset many times more comfortable when using the earloop. If the HBH-660's earloop is not comfortable, perhaps it is possible to retrofit it with a different ear loop...

I found an old pair of Jabra eargels in my closet and tried them out. I cut the little tabs off the opening of the eargel. Granted it is a little tight, but I'm getting used to putting it on and off. It is much more comfortable for me then the earloop and the sound volume/noise reduction is much better. It would be easier if the Cardo could be charged without taking off the eargel.