Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast
    Global Posts
    334 Global Posts
    Marcus have you tried both the HBH 660 and the Scala 550?
    How do you answer the second call? If a second calls come in and I hit the talk button, it hangs up the current call.
    Quote Originally Posted by hall316
    Marcus have you tried both the HBH 660 and the Scala 550?
    I have tried all the headsets listed on our BT Headset page (plus countless more that we decided not to sell), so ask away.

My personal favorite is still the HBH-600 (fast response, caller-id) but the Scala is close second (and almost half the price).
    Looking at the scala page I wonder why there is no picture of the ear side of thr thing. Are they afraid we'll see what it looks like and not try it?

Marcus does it compare pretty welll to the 660 (which I had and lost)? I want another but am now looking for good and cheaper than the 660.

Thanks
    Does the Scala ring in your ear when the phone rings?

Mine isn't, and I thought someone said it did...

Otherwise, seems comparable to my Motorola 820, but I just got it today...
    Quote Originally Posted by Woof
    Looking at the scala page I wonder why there is no picture of the ear side of thr thing. Are they afraid we'll see what it looks like and not try it?

Marcus does it compare pretty welll to the 660 (which I had and lost)? I want another but am now looking for good and cheaper than the 660.

Thanks
    Sony Ericsson HBH-65. Small, cool, works great. Ebay new for about $65.

YoungTurk
    Here is an image of the back:
    http://store.treocentral.com/images/...65/large/5.jpg

It compares pretty well to the 660. The connection setup/breakdown is a little slower (but better than others). Sound quality is good.
    Yes it rings about 2 seconds after the Treo starts ringing.
    Global Posts
    789 Global Posts
    I'm pretty shure I have a keeper, The cardo sounds great.

The Volume I actually had to turn down a couple times.

The fit is great about the same size as the 820 but no flap because you can adjust the wrap around ear "wire" it also sits flat against the ear does not seem as thick as the 820. (perception)

I recorded myself on my home voice mail and it sounds great, and the customers I talked to this afternoon were not complaining

Little or No static so far

Great little extras like Lanyard and shirt clip. (Good for Woof )

Milli second difference (slower) btwn the HBH 35 (returned with Battery issues) and the Scala 500 in incoming and outgoing call connection Not enough to worry me .Faster than the 810/820,plantronics, blue voice and jabra.

Great price

Small size .

Only thing to "test" is talk time which I will know tomorrow after using it for a full day.

Certainly looks very promising, JessiRPI might be right.
    Last edited by sjjones; 12/21/2004 at 06:31 PM.
    Global Posts
    789 Global Posts

Thanks
    Just a quick description , A penny size diameter male end with 3 slots to let the Sound out, flat on top (very basic), not like the sonyericsson which was tapered.

Wondering if I could cut up a jabra ear gel to make fit even better.?
    I just bought the Cardo.
    if i order it from you guys when will it ship and how is it shipped and where from. Wondering if I can gt it before Christmas. Oh and what the return policy if I think it sucks. Thanks.

If its got a lanyard AND a shirt clip I have to at least try it.
    I ordered the Cardo Scala 500 at the recommendations of this thread. I got it yesterday and have been using it for about a day. Sound is sufficiently loud, even though there is no "probe" to go in the ear canal like the Jabra. It fits, though I feel that a really good shake could dislodge it... need to play with the earpiece adjustment more.

Static? Sometimes yes, sometimes no. Fine in the car. I was in several different buildings today: some were so bad I couldn't use it. Others showed a significant difference whether I held the phone on the left side of my body where the headset was plugged in (little) compared to holding it on my right side (noticable static.) I've not had extensive experience with other headsets.

Pairing was pretty easy. However, the only way to tell if it's "on" is if you press the central "control" button and it beeps. No LED indication, following the initial pairing. No LED when I'm talking on it. Is this usual?

So, jury is still out.
    Bill Petro
    www.billpetro.com
    now that shadowmite has found BT 1.2 updater in the bootloader... which headsets support it & music audio? wonder if I should wait to get headset until see how it shakes out w/shadow.
    if i order it from you guys when will it ship and how is it shipped and where from. Wondering if I can gt it before Christmas. Oh and what the return policy if I think it sucks. Thanks.
    Orders placed before 4 pm EST are shipped the same day. To get it by Friday you would have to order with UPS 2nd day air (about $13).

30-day return policy, details are on the store site.
    Global Posts
    74 Global Posts
    Got mine today. What an upgrade!!! I went from a Bluespoon (as far as I know, their 1st product did not have a designation, this is PRE-Digital/AX/5G), and the sound quality on both the speaker and the mic are GREAT! Wish the headset fit in-the-ear, as it's a little flimsey (the Bluespoon would require having your head hit by a Louisville slugger to have it come out on it's own). VERY surprised by a product costing so little. Might still pick up an AX (I'm a sucker for great/small engineering), but with this guys cost, it might be my day-to-day.
    Just ordered mine today aswell, cant wait to try this out. Hopefully will have it by Friday.
    Global Posts
    334 Global Posts
    I bought a HBH 660 today. Can't wait to try it out. I'm so sick of plugging in my headset all the time. I have the jabra boom and I really like it but my earring always hits it and the person on the other end says it sounds like I am hitting the mic with a coat hanger haha.
  19.    #59  
    Quote Originally Posted by marcus
    How do you answer the second call? If a second calls come in and I hit the talk button, it hangs up the current call.
    You have to hold the button down for a few seconds, and it will beep and pick up the second call.
  20.    #60  
    Quote Originally Posted by BillPetro
    I ordered the Cardo Scala 500 at the recommendations of this thread. I got it yesterday and have been using it for about a day. Sound is sufficiently loud, even though there is no "probe" to go in the ear canal like the Jabra. It fits, though I feel that a really good shake could dislodge it... need to play with the earpiece adjustment more.

Static? Sometimes yes, sometimes no. Fine in the car. I was in several different buildings today: some were so bad I couldn't use it. Others showed a significant difference whether I held the phone on the left side of my body where the headset was plugged in (little) compared to holding it on my right side (noticable static.) I've not had extensive experience with other headsets.

Pairing was pretty easy. However, the only way to tell if it's "on" is if you press the central "control" button and it beeps. No LED indication, following the initial pairing. No LED when I'm talking on it. Is this usual?

So, jury is still out.
    Uh-oh... sounds like it might be a defective unit, especially regarding the LED indicator. There is an LED indicator that flashes blue once every 3 seconds or so to indicate status.
Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast