Page 15 of 18 FirstFirst ... 5101112131415161718 LastLast
    I have static problems with the Scala 500 due to it's short range. Even when I have the phone on my right hip and the headset on my left ear. I had a friend try it with his 650 and he had the same problem so it's not my phone.

I purchased the Sony HBH-300 and the range issues are completely solved. It picks up quickly and I think the sound quality is better (even when the Scala was close) due to the longer boom mic.

I'll make a half hearted effort to sell the Scala 500 and if that doesn't work I may get it replaced (already have an rma).
    For my money, I went with the Plantronics Voyager 510. Foldaway boom mic. Very lightweight. Looks sharp as hell.

The sound quality, so far, is great. But then again, I don't plan on walking away from my phone. I keep it on my belt, same side as I wear the headset.

It doesn't auto connect, so I have to hit the button twice. But that's no big deal for me. Also, I don't need anything fancy like caller ID.

Picked it up for $50 on amazon. MSRP is about $99, so I consider it a good deal. (though I have seen it around for about $70 most places)

The ONLY thing I wish it could do is connect as a mic input for memo recording applications. This would be KILLER for my Podcast.
    Unlocked P1 T650 + 12" Powerbook + Scion xA = Happiness
    i use nokia hs-21w, to me it's perfect.
    Asia Pacific Traveller (HK based)
    Do people still like the Treo BT headset? I've seen some really good reviews of it. It is comfortable on the ear?
    Apple iPhone 8GB
    Apple 15" Macbook Pro 2.33 Ghz C2D
    Retired Treo 650
  5.    #285  
    Not so good... the Cardo Scala 500 is a better value for the money, still having the best reception, clarity, battery life, and noise cancelation.
    haven't tried any others but very happy with the Treo -- apart from the fact i have to re-pair it about once or twice a week, sound quality is great, easy to use, charging cable same as Treo is a plus.
    Well, I've had the Logitech® Mobile Pro™ Headset for a while now and there is no going back, it works GREAT!!!

http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/pr...CONTENTID=9473
    How are you answering calls with the Logitech Mobile Pro? I have it and love it but find it awkward when answering calls. I've been clicking the "answer" icon on the Treo screen and then the "answer" button on the Mobile Pro. Have you found any easier way to answer calls. It doesn't seem to ring thru to the Mobile Pro without hitting both buttons. Thanks for any help.
    Quote Originally Posted by mrudwin
    How are you answering calls with the Logitech Mobile Pro? I have it and love it but find it awkward when answering calls. I've been clicking the "answer" icon on the Treo screen and then the "answer" button on the Mobile Pro. Have you found any easier way to answer calls. It doesn't seem to ring thru to the Mobile Pro without hitting both buttons. Thanks for any help.

I find that it takes 2-3 rings for the auto-connect to come on and then I can hit the button on the headset to answer.
    Thanks for the info. Glad to know we're all using the headset the same way.
  11.    #291  
    The Cardo Scala 500 rings almost immediately.
    Global Posts
    174 Global Posts
    My Logitech Mobile Pro works best of the three BT sets I've tried. But I am having problems with the earpiece. The circular spring inside that keeps the two prongs around your ear keeps coming loose.

Anyone have a solution for this problem? I've tried finding a return/repair button on the Logitech web site and haven't had any success so far.
    Yes. I had the same problem. I merely superglued the non-mobile piece of the headset together and made sure the spring portion could still rotate. It has worked great since. Hope this helps.
    Quote Originally Posted by MacUser
    Do people still like the Treo BT headset? I've seen some really good reviews of it. It is comfortable on the ear?
    I have tried the Jabra BT 250v and HS 850 with mixed results... but the Treo BT headset has been working great! At 59.00, a great value.
    Global Posts
    5 Global Posts
    I picked up the Jabra BT500 last weekend and it works great. It handles wind noise better than the BT250 and volume and sound quality are pretty good as well. All of the calling functions work as well (reject, redial, call waiting, etc...). If you like the 250, the 500 is a no-brainer.
    EG
    "I'd rather be happy than right"
    Naturally, headsets issued pre-2005 have experienced problems.

Cardo Scala functions/features work well with Treo. Problem? Volume issue, as seen with most Treos (purchase of BTMute greatly improved volume). As well, Scala never has been a snug fit with the cheap (forgive me Cardo lovers) over-the-ear hanger.

Have just ordered the Plantronics Discovery 640, arriving tomorrow. Hoping it will perform as well as previous Plantronics products according to Palm.com. Thanks for update EphraimG. Jabra BT500 seems to be a great design and incredibly sleek.

BTW, the eg logo is nice. Do you do graphic designs? Curious if you would consider doing a commissioned graphic for my Treo 650?
    BTW, Discovery 640 came in, and boy, what a surprise!!

I'm LOVING it....

Then again, thats only 4 hrs in... Let you know later...
  18.    #298  
    What is the Discovery 640? I checked Plantronics' website, and their newest model appears to be the Voyager 510.
    Quote Originally Posted by WhoIsTheFly
    For my money, I went with the Plantronics Voyager 510. Foldaway boom mic. Very lightweight. Looks sharp as hell.

The sound quality, so far, is great. But then again, I don't plan on walking away from my phone. I keep it on my belt, same side as I wear the headset.

It doesn't auto connect, so I have to hit the button twice. But that's no big deal for me. Also, I don't need anything fancy like caller ID.

Picked it up for $50 on amazon. MSRP is about $99, so I consider it a good deal. (though I have seen it around for about $70 most places)

The ONLY thing I wish it could do is connect as a mic input for memo recording applications. This would be KILLER for my Podcast.
    I have the 510 as well and mine auto connects both on outgoing and incoming calls.

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...ad.php?t=97033
    Quote Originally Posted by JesseRPI
    What is the Discovery 640? I checked Plantronics' website, and their newest model appears to be the Voyager 510.
    http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg...bosnation0e-20