Page 13 of 18 FirstFirst ... 389101112131415161718 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by warmseth
    Thanks for the tip but I live in Bangkok, Thailand. I only e-shop when I can not find it here. Shipping and customs costs usually wipe out online discounts and more.

I found a HBH-660 at the Sony shop in Bangkok for 140 USD.

Now I am waiting for it to charge.

Regards
    Peter
    HBH-660 charged and paired!

And I am very pleased to tell you that it works. Really works. No 10 second transfer delay like the BT-800. No crackles, hiss or pops. Good clean sound at both ends.

I am happy...
  3.    #243  
    I finally received the Jabra BT 800 today. One word - disappointing . Initially I was very excited, and the headset looks as good in person as it does from the photos. It was a bit heavier than I expected when compared to the Cardo Scala-500, but the weight keeps the headset comfortably attached around my ear. The initial pairing process was straight forward and problem free. The Treo 650 immediately recognized it as the Jabra BT 800. However, this is where the smooth sailing ended. Upon placing several calls, it took up to 10 seconds for the Treo 650 to transfer the audio to the headset, whereas the Scala-500 would pick up the audio within 2-3 seconds. Upon receiving a call, not only was the caller id information not displayed on the LCD screen, but there again was a 6-7 second delays before the audio was picked up. In most cases, the person on the other end repeated hellllloooo? several times before I could even hear the audio. Once the audio was picked up, the sound quality was adequate, but not as clear as with the Scala-500. When I compare it, there were no artifacts in the audio, but the sound was muffled - as if I were speaking and hearing through a thin blanket. The person on the other end said that the quality was good, but again, not as clear as with the Scala-500. My greatest disappointment has to be the fact that the caller id is not supported. This is the primary reason I bought the Jabraa BT 800, and this lack of support is truly aweful. I even removed all the bluetooth devices from my Treo 650, soft reset it several times, and connected and reconnected it. The result? No handsfree features, just basic headset supported. I will try contacting Jabra to see if they have any resolutions for this, and will post again if these issues are resolved. In the meantime, the Cardo Scala-500 still reins as the King/Queen of bluetooth headsets for the Treo 650.
    Parden the stupid question, but what is the point of caller-ID on the earpiece?

I would think the whole point is to keep the piece in your ear, unless there are people that have a habit of keeping it on the side, and when a call comes in checking that and then hitting the answer key.

Personaly, (getting 650 couple days, have the sanyo 5300), I just keep the phone in the car cradle and use the wireless headset and have it to auto answer. When the phone rings (says incomming call in my ear) I look down and see the caller ID on the phone.

So unless you are using this in a *non-car* situation like the ear piece in your pocket and the phone on its clip, walking around, I dont see the advantage of caller-id on the headpiece.

Anyone give me a heads up on this.

I have used the jabra 200 and 110, and the sound quality on them is like lacking (other party cant hear me very well, unless I speak louder).

I like the idea behind the Treo headset, only cause of the fact that it uses the same charger as the Treo itself.
  5.    #245  
    You just answered your question ...
    unless there are people that have a habit of keeping it on the side, and when a call comes in checking that and then hitting the answer key.
    i really liked the jabra 800 in design, but it seems that i will be keeping the cardo scala 500 for now. any body played with the jabra 250?
    Naveen

Current:Cingular 8525 w/Faria R32

Next Phone:
    Something from HTC because Palm sucks, so I want a Touch Pro, Touch HD, or a Treo Pro.
    I am just scared to imagine that if palm fixed sound issue with treo650, what we guys with the eargels will do?? I mean I cant lower the volume more :-). I have fix for this issue and when i tried eargel it was VERY loud. So I am using my 660 without mute fix, keeping it to lowest volume possible, without loop on my ear and it works great.

But what happens when sound issue is fixed :-(
    Hello people...I will try the gels but I bought the HBH-660 headset for my sister but she lost the earhook and actually likes it!!! Anyone interested in donating their HBH-660 earhook?

Please email or PM me

Thanx!
    anyone use the SE HBH 660 compared to the MOTO HS 610? i'm stuck with this 610 from a previous purchase while using another phone...(which it worked fine with) however with the treo overall is pretty average and sometimes...poor...i'm thinking of selling the 610 and purchase a 660...
    and what of these eargels? they're from jabra? not SE? but they'll conform to the headset?
    thanks...

i love my treo...
  10.    #250  
    Motorola headsets don't work very well with the Treo 650, in my experience. You will have much better luck, and will be happier, with the SE HBH 660 or Cardo Scala 500.
    I am using the Nokia clip on bluetooth headset NS-3W but the echo is terrible! So I want to buy another one. From here and there, it seems most people settle on either Jabra BT250 or SE HBH-660. Can anyone please share the experience if either of these headsets has echo problem? Personally I like the form factor of HBH-660 but I heard that it suffers from volume problem. I guess the bottomline is, when using mobile phone, voice clarity and volume are the most important.
  12.    #252  
    From what I've tried and read, people have not had much success using any Jabra headsets with the Treo 650.
    I read your review about using BT800 on Treo 650 with interest. Besides the answering and dialling delay problem, do you experience any echo problem too?
    Quote Originally Posted by Saurus
    I am using the Nokia clip on bluetooth headset NS-3W but the echo is terrible! So I want to buy another one. From here and there, it seems most people settle on either Jabra BT250 or SE HBH-660. Can anyone please share the experience if either of these headsets has echo problem? Personally I like the form factor of HBH-660 but I heard that it suffers from volume problem. I guess the bottomline is, when using mobile phone, voice clarity and volume are the most important.
    I have (had) the first Jabra 250, which was for any bt phone...execept the treo 650. So then they came out with a 250p (p for PalmOne I suppose) programed for the 650. I just got rid of it after a month. It worked better, but audio cracked if you were more than 2' away. It would become unpaired easily and would not reliably answer the phone.

I bought a sony hbh 660. pricey, but works a lot better!
    I know that this subject has been pretty much talked to death but I thought I would add my experience about the two apparently top headset solutions, those being the SE 660 and the Scala 500 with the Jabra gels. BTW, I've tried 'em all:

- Moto 810/850 (too quiet and finnicky pick-up of calls inbound and outbound)
    - Treo Bluetooth Headset (echos badly for the listener at the other end, everyone else in the room can hear what your caller is saying and had to return 3 separate units for improper operation)
    - SE 300 (awkward and couldn't use with ear gels)

I lost my Jabra 250 before I could try it with the Treo but I didn't like it in any case. The ear gel had to be positioned perfectly for the sound to come through and it looked like some sort of tiny phallic device hanging from your ear.

My experience with the SE 660 was quite mixed. People I called said that this was the best sounding headset and call pick up was good. However, the standard earpiece loop forces the unit to sit too far back behind your ear canal. When I tried the Jabra gels, I found that they don't stay on well and I couldn't get the headset to stay in my ear using only the ear gels. I sent it back.

Finally went to the Scala 500. Good points: volume is better than the others, pick up of calls is excellent, good call quality for the person you're calling with only minor echo, others in the same room can't hear what your caller is saying and it's light and easy to slip on. Downside: at full volume, there is some crackling and popping but I don't find it so annoying as to relegate the unit to the trash bin or return it. So far, this is the best of the lot.

I tried the Jabra ear gel solution with the Scala 500 to bump the volume and it works great. The gel slips on quite easily and so far seems to stay in place and it's not any less comfortable to me. The increase in volume is pretty significant, I'd say about 20% to 25% louder.

For now, I'm sticking with the Scala. When is P1 going to fix the root problem and make their Bluetooth work as it should?
    In case you havent seen, Palm Europe is offering free Treo bluetooth headsets to anyone buying a Treo 650 before the end of June. It may not be the best, but for free??

http://euro.palmone.com/uk/treo650promotion
    I LOST my 660 ear loop over a month ago, I have fabricated a .12" diameter galvanized steel rod ear loop replacement with a 1/4" clear poly tubing to cover the steel. the tubing acts as cushioning and is not quite so rough on your ear. Once bent the steel does not change shape, unless you step on it or move it with pliers. It functions very well and sits snugly. I bent a tiny loop to wrap around the 660 nub, and it is snug. It was very difficult to bend, but the results were worth the 15-20 minutes of time spent. The factory ear loop would always come off in my pocket and if I pulled my keys out of my right pocket,...the ear loop would certainly always fall on the floor, with the 660 not far behind. The new steel loop will not come off unless bend the steel or break the little plastic nub. True it is a bit heavier, but the fit is phenomenal. I would have 86'ed the factory loop when I first got it if I had this "modded" loop before. Losing the factory ear loop was a blessing in disguise.
    Quote Originally Posted by ventnor1
    I have fabricated a .12" diameter galvanized steel rod ear loop replacement with a 1/4" clear poly tubing to cover the steel. the tubing acts as cushioning and is not quite so rough on your ear. Once bent the steel does not change shape, unless you step on it or move it with pliers. It functions very well and sits snugly. I bent a tiny loop to wrap around the 660 nub, and it is snug. It was very difficult to bend, but the results were worth the 15-20 minutes of time spent.
    Got pics?
    ~ ScandaLous ~
    Anyone had luck using the voice dialing feature of the HBH 660 with the Treo 650?
    Voice dialing over BT is not supported in the 650.
    Palm III -> Palm Vx -> Clie T615c -> Clie T665c -> Tungsten T|3 -> Treo 650 -> Trew 700W (for a few days) -> XV6700 -> Moto Q
    http://geckotek.blogspot.com