Page 12 of 18 FirstFirst ... 27891011121314151617 ... LastLast
    Just got my HBH-660 today. Popped a jabra eargel on it and it works great! I was a bit aprehensive because I hate earhooks and if the eargel solution didn't work i would have been SOL.

Performance wise it's leaps and bounds above my BT200. No static, no pops etc. The LCD is cool, but it is so tiny that it can be difficult to read. So far I'm very happy with my purchase. Bought from Dan's on eBay based on the recommendations here. Good price, prompt shipping, no problems .
    Quote Originally Posted by Treo LVR/H8TR
    Bought from Dan's on eBay based on the recommendations here. Good price, prompt shipping, no problems .
    I did too. How many days did it take for it to get to you?
    Apple iPhone 8GB
    Apple 15" Macbook Pro 2.33 Ghz C2D
    Retired Treo 650
    I just got my HBH-660 from Dan's too and quick like 1 day from CT to CA! Got a question, was wondering if the headset always wants to go into a voice command mode ( ----- )? The owner's manual is terrible but hey that's Sony for ya! Is there a way to defeat that and just have it turn on and connect with my phone so that I can place a call? Also, I noticed in "Prefs" on the treo you can set up voice tags. Have you done this? If so how?
    T750 w/Cingular
    Black Jawbone
    Global Posts
    301 Global Posts
    JesseRPI - Ummm, did you post this same message from another forum? Seems I read this from somewhere else - deja vous?!
    Global Posts
    301 Global Posts
    Never mind - I think it's been a long day.

:s
    How prompt from Dan's?

I ordered last wednesday (2/23). Shipped friday. Received it today. Not bad.
    Quote Originally Posted by millerhifi
    I just got my HBH-660 from Dan's too and quick like 1 day from CT to CA! Got a question, was wondering if the headset always wants to go into a voice command mode ( ----- )? The owner's manual is terrible but hey that's Sony for ya! Is there a way to defeat that and just have it turn on and connect with my phone so that I can place a call? Also, I noticed in "Prefs" on the treo you can set up voice tags. Have you done this? If so how?
    Never mind I just figured it out.
    But still wondering on the voice tags thing.
    T750 w/Cingular
    Black Jawbone
    Global Posts
    510 Global Posts
    hey dejelfuso,
    You need to relax. There is no reason to get upset.
    Former I-500, Treo 600
    Former 650 User !
    Former 700p
    Now 755P
    *All Sprint*
    Global Posts
    723 Global Posts
    I am testing a Cardo Scala 500 this week. Set it up last night and was talking in my server room with alot of din (hard drive and fan noise) The wind blocker was reducing the din according to my friends, most of whom didn't know I was in a server room. Ear piece volume was good as well. I need to try the headset outside, which I will get to do tommorrow.
    BT-800 sucks in all aspects!!!

No caller ID,
    5 seconds to connect,
    Cant hear the ring through bluetooth
    And its not that comfortable
    and it's $150!!!

Going back today! Not worth it , I dont know what that guy was talking about when he said that it works good with the Treo 650.
    Quote Originally Posted by TreoAsh
    BT-800 sucks in all aspects!!!

.... I dont know what that guy was talking about when he said that it works good with the Treo 650.
    If you are talking about the TreoCentral poster "Nuwaub"--OBVIOUSLY he was trying to yank our chain! Trying to see how gullible we were.

Nuwaub was the only poster with positive results using the BT800 with the Treo 650, why were you so willing to believe his SINGLE POST when all other comments were negative????

K
    Quote Originally Posted by z3bum
    I am testing a Cardo Scala 500 this week. Set it up last night and was talking in my server room with alot of din (hard drive and fan noise) The wind blocker was reducing the din according to my friends, most of whom didn't know I was in a server room. Ear piece volume was good as well. I need to try the headset outside, which I will get to do tommorrow.
    I just got my replacement Scala 500 from Cardo yesterday since the other one seemed to have so much static. This one has a turquoise light instead of blue and the volume is almost always not as loud as the old one was (with BTMute). The people on the other end say they think it sounds more clear, but on my end it is either just the same (and as much static) or maybe even worse! And yes, I know it is worse if there are cordless phones and wireless things in the area (which there aren't where I was testing it).
    Well, it isn't perfect and it makes me crazy, but I still do love my Treo!
    Sprint Treo 650 CDMA
    am i the only one that thinks the p1(jabra) bt250 works fine? it's the first and only bt headset ive ever used but to my virgin ears it sounds pretty good. in fact MUCH better than the on phone speaker, lightyears ahead of the speakerphone, and even a bit better than the wired headset that the 650 came with. my cingular 650 has very bassy/muffled acoustics. plugged the 250 in and walla, the sound quality crisped right up, and it's loud as hell. my only complaint is the time it takes to register when the phone is answered but it isn't a big deal and appears to be an issue to greater or lesser extent on all the bt products. and all this complaint about how ugly it is?? it's a fricken headset folks. NONE of them look good imo. at least this one hides behind your ear. just thought i'd share my uneducated uselss opinion.

ps- i agree with the guy who said a great deal of what determines what headset is "best" is personal. i, for instance have sensitive hearing and enormous jug ears so, it making me look like "one of the smothers brothers" is something my parents' genes did a better job of than the headset
    Quote Originally Posted by warmseth
    am i the only one that thinks the p1(jabra) bt250 works fine? it's the first and only bt headset ive ever used but to my virgin ears it sounds pretty good. in fact MUCH better than the on phone speaker, lightyears ahead of the speakerphone, and even a bit better than the wired headset that the 650 came with. my cingular 650 has very bassy/muffled acoustics. plugged the 250 in and walla, the sound quality crisped right up, and it's loud as hell. my only complaint is the time it takes to register when the phone is answered but it isn't a big deal and appears to be an issue to greater or lesser extent on all the bt products. and all this complaint about how ugly it is?? it's a fricken headset folks. NONE of them look good imo. at least this one hides behind your ear. just thought i'd share my uneducated uselss opinion.

ps- i agree with the guy who said a great deal of what determines what headset is "best" is personal. i, for instance have sensitive hearing and enormous jug ears so, it making me look like "one of the smothers brothers" is something my parents' genes did a better job of than the headset
    Yes. You are.
    Go here if you're tired of being .
    It'll be fun.
    i just got my hbh 660 charged. it paired flawlessly (unlike the moto hs810, hs820 and even the hs 850) when im wearing the headset it rings in my ear less than one ring after my phone does!!!!! (650) i hit the answer button and it picks up INSTANTLY!!!! I LOVE IT!!!
    thanks guys for finnaly pointing me in the right direction i was tired of buying all those other headsets.

ps it also fits alot better and its not that much bigger than the moto's.

thanks again
    Adam
    treo 650
    also so far the volume is not set all the way up and its too loud.

thanks again
    Adam
    treo 650
    Quote Originally Posted by warmseth
    am i the only one that thinks the p1(jabra) bt250 works fine? ....

i'm just posting back to eat crow. the bt250 worked great for me for the first four or so days i used it. i posted that post, with confidence that either my headset worked much better than most or that you guys/gals were overly picky. then about an hour after posting it, i was on the phone and heard "popcorn" for the first time. then that evening, the headset would not pick up an incoming call. and day after day it's gotten worse. at this point the thing is totally f-ing useless. i have to hold the phone about four inches away from the headset for it not to sound awefull. sorry. what can i say? boy was i wrong.

hbh660 here i come
    I am going shopping for a SE HBH-660.
    Are there any headsets that have a removeable battery that also work/work well on the 650?