Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 678910111213141516 ... LastLast
    Global Posts
    645 Global Posts
    Hey, does the windup have different eargels? The clear ones I bought at RadioShack don't fit quite right; I don't want have to do a perma-mod with SuperGlue if I don't have to. Thoughts?
    I wrote this in another thread, but thought I would add it here as well.

I have decided that I don't really think it matters which is the 'best" headset. I think it is which is the best for "you". From reading all the threads and trying several, it seems to depend upon a great many variables. The Treo is obviously fairly worthless as used with a bluetooth headset the way bluetooth should perform. It seems that the main variable for each person is the environment in which they are going to be using their headset. I may be wrong, but I have tried Scala 500, HS820, BT250, HBH-660, and BlueTrek G2. They all performed pretty close to one another. With the exception of a slight volume difference for those that fit in the ear a little better. They all had static at some time or another. None had the range that a bluetooth device should have. They all seemed to have fairly good voice quality on the other end most of the time. So again, I have drawn my own conclusion that a persons environment has a great deal in determining which bluetooth headset is right for them.

Right now I have the Jabra BT250 and the Scala 500 with slicsound. Jabra works better in my truck and office. The Scala works better at home.

I'm probably wrong. It wouldn't be the first time.
    PalmOne doesn't support it... the best bluetooth headset out there is the HBH-300 by sony ericsson and P1 doesn't support it either, this sucks.
    Can you place and receive calls with this headset without touching the phone?
    I finally decided to go for the Scala, good bang for the buck. Figured that one would hold me over till a similar bt800 headset comes out that actually works with the treo650. So it's the Scala for me....but here's the problem... It's out of stock at pcmall and ecost.com The only places that have it in stock have it at $55+, which then defeats the purpose. Waahh. I ordered it from ecost.com (38.95 incl shipng), but it's backordered till 4/14!!!!!!! Wahhh.
    Well I was trying to order the Scala headset but it was back ordered and I did not want to wait. So I bought what I wanted to buy in the first place. I got the Jabra BT800 on friday and it is sweet. It works very well with my Treo 650 no problems at all. The caller Id works as well as all the other features this headset comes with. I get no static like I did with the jabra 250. I can leave my phone in my case on the other side of my hip and the calls are very clear. Sound quality is excellent. I have a 2004 Armada with dual exhaust and when I had my jabra 250 it was still hard to hear even with the mini gel inside the ear but I can hear very well with the Jabra 800. I have no complaints at the moment. If anyone is considering buying this headset i'll be happy to answer in questions.
    I thought the bt800 didn't answer a call until 4-5 rings then it patched thru to the headset....
    Yes yes, do tell more about the BT800 and the Treo 650!

All others have complained about the delay time and the caller ID. But you are saying these work flawlessly for you?

I'm confused?

By the way, where did you get the BT800?

K
    I finally decided to go for the Scala, good bang for the buck. Figured that one would hold me over till a similar bt800 headset comes out that actually works with the treo650. So it's the Scala for me....but here's the problem... It's out of stock at pcmall and ecost.com The only places that have it in stock have it at $55+, which then defeats the purpose. Waahh. I ordered it from ecost.com (38.95 incl shipng), but it's backordered till 4/14!!!!!!! Wahhh.

If anyone is interested i have a scala that i used two times original packing that i paid from local retailer 60 bucks if any one is interested i will sell it 45 bucks delivered. you can e mail me at fkpalm@yahoo.com

Fred
    fkpalm: Why did you say in the above post that you are goping for the SCALA and then i the next sentence you say that you are selling the SCALA? Aren't you wainting on the one form eCost as well?
    Semper Fi
    If you want a free IPod click Free IPod

Quote Originally Posted by JohnH59
    Right now I have the Jabra BT250 and the Scala 500 with slicsound. Jabra works better in my truck and office. The Scala works better at home.......I'm probably wrong. It wouldn't be the first time.
    Tell me more about the 250. I had initially dismissed it based upon other reviews here. The reason the 250 intrigues me is that it is part of the GN Netcom 6210. The 6210 is basically the Jabra 250 as well as all necessary parts and accessories to make it work in the oiffice for your office phone and your PC for say voice dictation.

http://www.hellodirect.com/catalog/P...0&PRODID=11105
    Quote Originally Posted by JackNaylorPE
    Tell me more about the 250. I had initially dismissed it based upon other reviews here. The reason the 250 intrigues me is that it is part of the GN Netcom 6210. The 6210 is basically the Jabra 250 as well as all necessary parts and accessories to make it work in the oiffice for your office phone and your PC for say voice dictation.

http://www.hellodirect.com/catalog/P...0&PRODID=11105

From my experience, it has good sound quality since the earpiece sits down in my ear. Others can hear me loud and clear. I have had some static when around my home wireless network and our wireless network at my office. But, it may be a little static, but others do not hear the static. In my truck or my wife's car, there is no sound problems. What I really like is the ability to carry it. If I'm wearing a shirt with a pocket, I can either put it in the shirt pocket or hook it around a button with the earpiece at the top. This works just as well with my golf shirts. No need to worry about were to carry it.

But, as I stated earlier, I don't think there is a "best" BT headset. I think a person's environment plays a major role in which headset will work for them.
  13. KAP
    I received mine last week, returned it the next day. Call setup was simply too long: 7 - 10 seconds for outbount calls, four rings four inbound calls (just in time to miss the call as it went off to voice mail).

I've owned several Jabra products, and have liked them. Their products continue to be my first choice for wired headsets. Their BT800 was the first BT headset I had bought. It was disapointing...not useable. I've replaced it with a Sony Ericsson HBH-600...and a Jabra eargel. So far, so good.
  14. KAP
    I must be getting low on caffeine...my typing has gotten spotty. I replaced the BT800 with an HBH-660, not a 600.
    Global Posts
    510 Global Posts
    theres way too much too read here, I'm considering a headset, please give me a summary or simply which one is best. I consider best by volume.
    That is, the ability to hear the other person, and their ability to hear me.
    don't care at all about price, it's not what you pay, it's what you get .
    thanks.
    Former I-500, Treo 600
    Former 650 User !
    Former 700p
    Now 755P
    *All Sprint*
    Too much to read? If you want people's opinions then you need to read all the opinions. What were you thinking, just to take the next person to answer you post's advice?

Jabra 250 has the best volume by far. The quality is amongst the worst if not the worst. Read the posts please.
    Hi. Perhaps someone has already posted on this subject - but one of my friends uses the Bluespoon Ax (with his mini XDAii). Supposedly for him, the range is great and the quality fine and it's one of the smallest BT headsets around. Anyone else here have experience with it? Thanks!
  18. BD1
    Global Posts
    231 Global Posts
    I have the AX. It works well. Great fit and small size. I can't compare to others.
    i'd love to hear a little more about the bt800.... haven't come across an in depth review anywhere, nor a detailed experience with it and the treo 650 by any user until now.

edit: not much info about the motorola hs850 either. everybody says the sound on 810 and 820 is very low, but can someone confirm it with th 850 too. i really like the design a lot... anybody with an 850 out there?
    Last edited by viper_; 02/28/2005 at 07:59 PM.
    Has anyone tried the Tekkeon ezTalker Mini? I saw that CNet's review was very good (8.0 out of 10).

CNet's review can be seen here...

Here is the pic from the Tekkeon web site
Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 678910111213141516 ... LastLast