Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 41 to 50 of 50
  1. LunkHead's Avatar
    Posts
    57 Posts
    Global Posts
    60 Global Posts
    #41  
    I have the Parrot Driveblue on order so as soon as it gets here I will check it out and see if I get locked up... The speaker phone is fine on my 7100.. I have used it several times so far... I have to say I am going to miss the 650.. I had a 600 before getting the 650... But.... The more I play with the BlackBerry the more I like it!

    Rome is the proud new owner of my 650 and I am putting it the mail to him tomorrow...

    Thanks to everyone on these boards for all the help and I look forward to returning when the Treo becomes usable for me as a phone....


    Quote Originally Posted by hofo_mofo
    ^lol okay

    if you have any questions man, PM me...and if you want check out http://www.blackberryforums.com further more if you want the other themes for the the 7100x series, PM me your email addy and i will send them off to you

    do me a favour...pair up a BT headset to your 7100t...tell me if you BB locks up and restarts...its a very common error, but some t-mobile people dont get that problem

    also, another common problem is the speakerphone...check it out with someone on the other end to make sure
  2. #42  
    Is there a workaround for the issue of having only 1 email account on the 7100? With the BB's reason for existence being email I'd hope there'd be a 3rd party app at least.
    * How's coverage with T-Mobile? I have Verizon now which is a much larger carrier.

    Great thread - looks like the 7100t is a good phone/email machine until a more refined Treo or comparable smartphone comes out. One can always schlepp a separate PDA.
  3. #43  
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperCrackBerry
    Is there a workaround for the issue of having only 1 email account on the 7100? With the BB's reason for existence being email I'd hope there'd be a 3rd party app at least.
    * How's coverage with T-Mobile? I have Verizon now which is a much larger carrier.

    Great thread - looks like the 7100t is a good phone/email machine until a more refined Treo or comparable smartphone comes out. One can always schlepp a separate PDA.

    I have two mail accounts going to my blackberry. I have the desktop redirector sending my work mail. I then use the web client for personal mail. I choose to use a procmail filter to cc all incoming mail for my personal stuff to the email address of the web client. This way I don't have to wait the 5 - 15 minutes it takes the web client to pop my account. Then on the blackberry when replying to personal email, it uses the reply to address for set in the web client. When replying to a work email, it shows up as my work address.
  4. #44  
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperCrackBerry
    Is there a workaround for the issue of having only 1 email account on the 7100? With the BB's reason for existence being email I'd hope there'd be a 3rd party app at least.
    * How's coverage with T-Mobile? I have Verizon now which is a much larger carrier.
    See, that's the thing. I love Blackberry's email, but frankly I can wait the 10 minutes or so for Snappermail to poll all 5 of my accounts. Snapper lets me reply to the account each email was sent to with no headaches or workarounds. Snappermail also has a setting to poll email every 5 minutes - but to me that just seems extreme and a battery drain to boot. Of course, 10 minutes between email checks used to sound quite fast to me - that was until I got used to seeing them instantly on the Blackberry.

    As for T-Mobile reception, it's pretty bad where I live in Los Angeles. However, if I go 2 blocks in any direction it's fine. Sprint, however, works great almost everywhere I go. I'm sure it's an individual thing, but reason enough to make sure you get a 14 day return policy if the service happens to be spotty in your area.

    Sprint, Verizon, T-Mobile, AT&T and Cingular have all told me that service was great in my area over the past 2 years. Only Sprint and Verizon have what I'd call really great reception, with AT&T just adequate. T-Mobile and Cingular are pretty awful. I've held on to my T-Mobile Blackberry because I rarely check email on the phone at home, and it's usually reliable away from my house.

    Cheers!
    LZ
    That's me in the photo - you can check out my kung fu school at http://www.kungfuschool.org
  5. #45  
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperCrackBerry
    Is there a workaround for the issue of having only 1 email account on the 7100? With the BB's reason for existence being email I'd hope there'd be a 3rd party app at least.
    * How's coverage with T-Mobile? I have Verizon now which is a much larger carrier.
    the web client should allow for upto 7 (?) pop/imap accounts. but, this isnt instant like getting email sent to your blackberry phone email address.
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
  6. LunkHead's Avatar
    Posts
    57 Posts
    Global Posts
    60 Global Posts
    #46  
    I live in the Kansas City area and T-Mobile reception is great! As for the email I think it has been answered well above.. I have 3 email accounts set up and use my username@tmo.blacbberry.com for sending from all 3.. That is my only gripe so far.. I wish I could send each email account from it's own... But I will say that by using the username@tmo.blackberry.com account email is instant after responding to the 1st..
  7. LunkHead's Avatar
    Posts
    57 Posts
    Global Posts
    60 Global Posts
    #47  
    Quote Originally Posted by hofo_mofo
    ^lol okay

    if you have any questions man, PM me...and if you want check out http://www.blackberryforums.com further more if you want the other themes for the the 7100x series, PM me your email addy and i will send them off to you
    Got the themes.... Thanks!!!!
  8. LunkHead's Avatar
    Posts
    57 Posts
    Global Posts
    60 Global Posts
    #48  
    Just found this.. Interesting reading... Anyone thinking about the 7100 take a look...

    http://www.forbes.com/personaltech/2...06tentech.html
  9. #49  
    Quote Originally Posted by LunkHead
    Just found this.. Interesting reading... Anyone thinking about the 7100 take a look...

    http://www.forbes.com/personaltech/2...06tentech.html
    That was an interesting article, but I disagree on three issues.

    1. It's doesn't take 3 key taps to get and "@" symbol on the Blackberry. You can get an "@" by double-clicking the space bar when typing an email address or URL. Blackberry knows where you are when you're typing and and places the symbol for you. It' also places "." in email addresses and URLS the same way.

    2. Text Messaging is WAY faster on the Treo. True, I use "Verichat" and have never tried Sprint's native application - but T-Mobile's IM seems very slow to me.

    3. The Treo and Blazer is WAY faster than the Blackberry for web browsing.

    Again, I have both phones and really like each for what they do well.

    Cheers!
    LZ
    That's me in the photo - you can check out my kung fu school at http://www.kungfuschool.org
  10. LunkHead's Avatar
    Posts
    57 Posts
    Global Posts
    60 Global Posts
    #50  
    That was an interesting article, but I disagree on three issues.

    1. It's doesn't take 3 key taps to get and "@" symbol on the Blackberry. You can get an "@" by double-clicking the space bar when typing an email address or URL. Blackberry knows where you are when you're typing and and places the symbol for you. It' also places "." in email addresses and URLS the same way.

    Correct! I guess the writer did not play with the 7100 enough to figure that out...

    2. Text Messaging is WAY faster on the Treo. True, I use "Verichat" and have never tried Sprint's native application - but T-Mobile's IM seems very slow to me.

    They both are about equal... I have seen NO great improvement with BB over the 650 on SMS..... I acutally like the way the 650 puts the SMS's in a chat style format....

    3. The Treo and Blazer is WAY faster than the Blackberry for web browsing.

    Correct again.. The 650 web browsing smokes the BB...
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Posting Permissions