1.    #1  
    OK, what gives with this. I try to access my mail and I get a half dozen resets in a row. Several hours later I try again and it gets the mail but now when I go through to delete items it resets.

Sheesh!

There's gotta be a thread on this already but I didn't find it in a search. Anybody else solved this bug yet?
    Global Posts
    78 Global Posts
    Do a search in the forum - other threads exist that tell you how to do this, basically delete some Versamail files from your Treo, and then run it - it will recreate the files when you get your mail. Warning - you'll probably have to recreate your Accounts, so you'll probably want to write down your account settings before you do this....
    I just went through this nightmare... It was apparantly caused (in my case) by some kind of kind of conflict between the 2 different POP email accounts stored in the Versamail setup on my computer (which was created using the quick setup method where it gets the info from Outlook) and the configuration I had created in the Treo itself. I *think* I caused the issue by experimenting too much on both the unit and the desktop software at the same time.

I found on this very forum a thread mentioning using a free program called Filez to list and delete the Versamail files on the unit, which I did. I then went and deleted everything related to Versamail in any of the folders on my computer, including the backup folders. After this, I reconfigured a single POP email account, on the Treo itself, and left the desktop software alone. So far, after two days, it hasn't rebooted once. I'll try to find the thread I used which listed specific files to delete and post it here later.
    Last edited by starider7; 12/15/2004 at 05:44 PM. Reason: Added Link...
    Out of curiosity, can one have two different POP servers (and one IMAP server) setup on the 650. I get email in 3 places and would like my VersaMail to get them all....
    Quote Originally Posted by rick325
    Out of curiosity, can one have two different POP servers (and one IMAP server) setup on the 650. I get email in 3 places and would like my VersaMail to get them all....
    I believe you can have up to 8 accounts configured. I had 2 working at one point (see previous post) and will do so again soon.
    I have had the same issue. I have my VersaMail setup to a POP account as well as a Exchange Activesync account. The POP account I never have issues. I get the same problems as mentioned above with my Exchange ActiveSync account. I have tried using FileZ (before I read above) and had no luck. I have to delete the account and recreate/resync. I just think its a buggy app. I can see it's not only me that has this issue. I would imagine this will get fixed in the next patch.
    I have two POP accounts, an IMAP, and sprintPCS email accounts set up on versamail. Sometimes I have problems downloading the mail from one of my clients, timeout error. I delete the MultiMail DIsconnect file using FileZ, that seems to correct the problem for me.
    Treoing & Loving it
    I unchecked the "download attachments" option in VersaMail preferences. This seemed to fix the reboots. I'm thinking it's a memory issue. I connect to a Exchange Server using the Activesync option in VersaMail. Most of the time it works, sometimes it crashes VersaMail. It still seems a little buggy. I'm sure it will get fixed in the next update.