1.    #1  
    We support over 1000 phones in our company for all carriers. Our Cingular rep was in today and said that the T650 will be available next month and mentioned that we may be able to make pre-orders soon.. It is expected to ship in January. No date though. They did confirm it will support Edge.

Probably nothing new.. but another piece of input.
    Sprint Pre, Mugen 2800mah battery
    Ironic, I was also talking to my Cingular rep, and she inferred to me it may even be in at the end of this month. She specifically said it would be available at the end of this month/beginnning of next month.
    Quote Originally Posted by JJRad
    Ironic, I was also talking to my Cingular rep, and she inferred to me it may even be in at the end of this month. She specifically said it would be available at the end of this month/beginnning of next month.
    I talked with my rep today and got the same info. They have the Treo 650 and are in the middle of their 400 hour test period. Assuming everything goes well, he said the last week of the month or 1st week of Jan. He also said they are "fixing" the memory issue before they launch unlike, um, Sprint.

We will have to wait and see what happens...fingers are crossed...
    Quote Originally Posted by skippy
    He also said they are "fixing" the memory issue before they launch
    Any word on what the "fix" is for the memory issue?
    He did not say but i'm guessing a firmware update. I can not imagin them doing a hardware change this late in the game.
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by JJRad

Maybe available to order this month, shipping next. He did say pre-orders might be taken this month. I'd imagine sales reps don't have specific dates before launch dates slip out to media anyway. Seems to work out they way with any hotly anticipated product.
    Sprint Pre, Mugen 2800mah battery
  7. mlm
    Interesting news. When asked about when the 650 would be available this week, our corporate Cingular rep said he had no idea about when it would be coming out and made it clear that it was not his favorite topic of discussion.
  8. RPM
    FWIW, my corporate Cingular guys have also confirmed the phone is in the lab and expected in January...BUT they also said the no camera version would be released first.

Apparently since they have such a strong corporate market, which prefers the no camera version for various reasons.
    Any hint about price?