1.    #1  
    So my sister purchased a Blackberry to use for email in her new job with a local news station and the job has fallen to me to integrate it with my IMAP email server. She had a choice between a Treo 600 and the Blackberry 7750, and she chose the latter because she got a big discount.

The purpose of my post is two fold. First, to find out if anyone on this board (which I imagine is populated with tons of gadget freaks) knows if the Blackberry actually supports TRUE IMAP synching (folders, read/deleted email on the server, etc.) and to find out if the Treo 600 does support all this.

In doing research I've been unable to find any example of the Blackberry doing actual IMAP synching. I've set it up to check the IMPA account on my servers and seen email, but I can't get it to actually synch anything. It seems like the webclient just downloads mail a la POP3 and you end up having to manage multiple email repositories (a total waste IMHO). I know I can do this with MS Exchange and RIM's server solution, but can I do it with normal IMAP?

Regardless, does the Treo 600 do this without any issues? I found the website for Chatter and it seems to do EXACTLY what I'm looking for, so even if the Treo 600 doesn't natively support IMAP synching I guess I can solve it third party... is this correct? Are there downsides I'm not seeing to teh Treo 600 and IMAP email support?

I've had trouble finding resources to answer these questions, so any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
    Rick
    I have read
    I use a T600 with chatteremail. I also created an account for free at fastmail.com. You can have it sync with the IMAP servers and chatter will immediately notify you of new mail. Also, I have a POP account that gets polled every 3 hours (earlier if you want to pay for the account) and that gets put into the IMAP account and I get notified as well. What I like about Chatter with the Treo is that you can be doing something completely different and when you get an email, it will pop up in a box, let you read it, dismiss it or respond and then let you go back to what your doing. Awesome. Hope that helps. I dont have any Blackberry experience (dont need it now). ;-)
    What I meant to say was that Snapper mail seems to work well with my Sprint IMAP email account and will alert you in the same way that Chatter does. However, it is 'pull' technology - not sure if you're looking for 'push'...

I have never used Chatter but have read good things about it.