1.    #1  
    HOW do I Unlock my treo 300?

I just won off ebay an "unlocked" treo 300 that goes through SPRINT.

How do I unlock this phone to use other providers?

I'm currently with T-Moble and would like to transfer. Can I?

Thanks in advance!
    You can not "Unlock" a Sprint phone. The phone is not "locked" but is CDMA technology and therefore will only work on the two CDMA providers in the US - Sprint and possibly Verizon if you can get them to enter the ESN into their computer and register the phone.

T-Mobile is a GSM technology. It uses a different frequency so the phone would not be able to pick up a T-Mobile signal. Also T-mobile uses SIM cards (as far as I know, I could be wrong if its on all their phones) and Sprint doesn't.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by albertb
    You can not "Unlock" a Sprint phone. The phone is not "locked" but is CDMA technology and therefore will only work on the two CDMA providers in the US - Sprint and possibly Verizon if you can get them to enter the ESN into their computer and register the phone.

T-Mobile is a GSM technology. It uses a different frequency so the phone would not be able to pick up a T-Mobile signal. Also T-mobile uses SIM cards (as far as I know, I could be wrong if its on all their phones) and Sprint doesn't.
    Thanks for the fast response.

So, I'm forced to use Sprint then. Do they still carry service for this phone?
    They sure do. Unlimited data for $15/month. I'm posting using my T300. works great!

If you Email me I can get you a $10 service credit.

jeffestep64@hotmail.com
    Visor Platinum-->Visor NEO--->M505--->Treo 300 Sprint--->Treo 600---> TREO 650 ---> Treo 700P ---> Treo 755 --->Touch Diamond--->Touch Pro ---> Palm Pre
    Check out the expert judges at http//:mobileappsshowdown.com
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonman_0206
    They sure do. Unlimited data for $15/month. I'm posting using my T300. works great!

If you Email me I can get you a $10 service credit.

jeffestep64@hotmail.com
    That doesn't include basic phone service does it?
    I won't have my phone until Saturday or Monday as I won it via ebay, but they didn't send it out until today.

Email is on the way!
    Correct the $15 is in addition to the normal monthly fee. With the right upgrades you can go with a relatively low minute plan and save a lot.

You should qualify for a 60 day free trial on Vision. I'll explain more in my return Email.

Congrats and welcome to the Treo Central forum and the whole Treo experience!
    Visor Platinum-->Visor NEO--->M505--->Treo 300 Sprint--->Treo 600---> TREO 650 ---> Treo 700P ---> Treo 755 --->Touch Diamond--->Touch Pro ---> Palm Pre
    Check out the expert judges at http//:mobileappsshowdown.com
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonman_0206
    Correct the $15 is in addition to the normal monthly fee. With the right upgrades you can go with a relatively low minute plan and save a lot.

You should qualify for a 60 day free trial on Vision. I'll explain more in my return Email.

Congrats and welcome to the Treo Central forum and the whole Treo experience!
    Thank you!

Since I'm legally deaf and can't hear phones, I relied on email and such. Now that I know I can do text mail on these treo phones, I'm excited about that.
    I want to tie it in with my Dell Notebook for when I'm on the road.

What kind of service and prices comparison is Sprint compared to T-Mobile which my wife and I are on now?

How about some good links for Treo 300 related stuff?

I'm glad to found this site!
    I am fairly certain Alltel uses CDMA and you can use a Treo 300 with them.

What you are asking about is setting the MSL (Master Subsidy Lock). If you can get it from Sprint, you can "unlock" the phone to use it on other carriers. "Unlock" isn't the proper term, but describes what you want to do. I just bought a Treo 300 from Ebay, and the seller will give you the MSL for a fee. Sprint uses proprietary software to assign the MSL. They guard the software and the MSL pretty heavily. If you can get it reset to 000000 then you can use the Treo elsewhere.
    Quote Originally Posted by albertb

I bought a Sprint Treo 300 off ebay, are u saying it's not locked? Then why would the seller say he'll charge me a fee for the unlock code? I am in Canada, we have Bell here, that uses CDMA, can I just take the phone there and use it?
    Connect your serial cable to your computer and phone
    Turn off Hotsych Manager
    Dial ##3424 to enable passthrough mode
    start Bitpim
    under "Edit" choose settings
    You've got to pick the Comm Port your cable and phone are
    hooked to
    Pick LG-VX7000 (that's the phone that worked for me, anyway)
    Under "Data" pick "Get phone data"
    Go to "filesystem"
    Click the "+"
    Click the "+" next to "NVM"
    There's another "+" next to another "NVM", click it
    Double click "nvm_0002"
    on the right of the screen you'll see a bunch of periods,
    numbers and words
    find a sequence of digits where you have six digits,
    then a period, then six more digits
    like this "xxxxxx.xxxxxx"
    the six digits after the period is your MSL

I am not encouraging anyone to do this next step,
    but you can find "QPST" on the internet to download or buy
    It's a Qualcomm program, and of course it may be
    illegal to use it without paying for it
    You can use QPST to change the MSL to all zeros, import PRL's
    and change all of the other phone settings. If
    you choose to do this is entirely up to you.
    Be careful with it because you can screw up
    your phone with it. Make sure you back up your phone data
    before you change anything.
    Notice I said "Serial cable" and NOT USB! USB cable won't work!
    Trying to unlock my treo 270, got a serial cable and BitPim. Have followed your instructions but still not working. First question, if I have my SIM in the phone when I try to get the phone into passthrough mode by dialing ##3424 it dials out the number and of course I get a recording. Do I dial ##3424 without the SIM card in? If I do it says no sim found and gives me the choice of an emergency call or cancel, I choose cancel and the phone says "No service, SOS only", is that passthrough mode? When using BitPIM I use com1 with the phone you suggest and I keep getting the error "The phone is not responding while transitioning mode from none to brew." My hotsync manager is off and not in task manager, the log says the com1 port is connecting. Any ideas?. Thanks for your help.

Mark