1.    #1  
    Or should I just buy the regular ones?
    I have a sandisk 256mb normal speed sd and I recently got a sandisk ultra II 1 gig. According to software the ultraspeed is much faster but to the human eye I can't tell a difference. I personally don't feel it justifys spending more on a high speed card.
    Global Posts
    58 Global Posts
    I agree with jayzee, If you were using this for high res images on a dig camera get the high speed. It will allow you to save pics faster to the card. but for an aplication like this it would be a waste of money to me.
  4.    #4  
    Cool... Looks like I'll settle for a standard 1gig.

Does the 650 support the 2gig sd cards?
    I think it makes a difference when recording audio and video directly to the SD card, not for playback. The speed difference that is noticeable is write speed as some audio recording programs will not write to card with low speed recording without distortion.
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by albertb
    I think it makes a difference when recording audio and video directly to the SD card, not for playback. The speed difference that is noticeable is write speed as some audio recording programs will not write to card with low speed recording without distortion.
    So for a standard 650 user, a standard SD card should be fine then?
    Global Posts
    450 Global Posts
    it sounds like it
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by ahalvor
    it sounds like it
    is a 2gig sd card supported on the 650?
    Global Posts
    58 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilbutt
    Not sure I bought a 1 gig for mine
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilbutt
    Their doc does not say. I think that it would only be limited to the memory address space. Since it can access 1GB, I think the next limit is 8GB. Maybe someone from Palm can correct me on this.
    - Greg

My Palm Pre Evo Tree
    Pilot 5000 -> 1MB Upg -> Zire -> Treo 650 -> Treo 700p -> 4-yr abstinance -> Palm Pre!