Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 54
  1.    #1  
    I am getting a Treo 650 from Sprint and I heard something about Palmone offering a free 128MB SD card with every 650 purchase to make up for the shortage of available memory. Is this true? Will the dopes at Sprint know about this? Do you have to send off for it? TIA
  2. #2  
    Quote Originally Posted by RichDawg
    I am getting a Treo 650 from Sprint and I heard something about Palmone offering a free 128MB SD card with every 650 purchase to make up for the shortage of available memory. Is this true? Will the dopes at Sprint know about this? Do you have to send off for it? TIA
    Sprint will likely not know nor care about it. It is a PalmOne issue and this was commented on several times. I think the last few comments were that sometime in mid december (now) PalmOne is supposed to be offering the free SD cards to its buyers.

    Eric
  3. #3  
    Hi,

    Kevin from palmOne here. For those interested, here is the url for the free SD card: http://web.palmone.com/support/sd.jhtml
    Feel free to let others know.

    Sincerely
    Kevin
    - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Kevin Michaels
    kevin.michaels@palm.com
    - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Check out what’s new at
    http://www.palm.com/
  4. #4  
    Beware, their database cannot find the product registration number... get ready for a lengthy call with P1 tech representative who as it turns out cannot register it either.
  5. wzl
    wzl is offline
    wzl's Avatar
    Posts
    31 Posts
    #5  
    worked fine. placed my order.
  6. #6  
    I was just told to call back in 24-48 hours because they are having system problems and will have the problem fixed then.
  7. #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by emtnky
    I was just told to call back in 24-48 hours because they are having system problems and will have the problem fixed then.

    Their new NVRAM customer service computers probably ran out of memory after processing 20 requeste.






    sorry, i couldn't resist
  8. #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Michaels
    Hi,

    Kevin from palmOne here. For those interested, here is the url for the free SD card: http://web.palmone.com/support/sd.jhtml
    Feel free to let others know.

    Sincerely
    Kevin
    Ooh, a PalmOne person posted his email address. This guy has guts.
    "Oooh oooh aaah aaah! Slap!" - MAdMoNKEY
  9. #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by wzl
    worked fine. placed my order.
    Where's the ID number? What's the format? It says "on the back of your installation CD sleeve", but my sleeve has no writing whatsoever on it!
  10. #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Michaels
    Hi,

    Kevin from palmOne here. For those interested, here is the url for the free SD card: http://web.palmone.com/support/sd.jhtml
    Feel free to let others know.

    Sincerely
    Kevin

    Doesn't work....says they are invalid. (Tested over 20 different ones)

    Another P1 goof up.

    Pathetic.
  11. #11  
    mikec,

    you are the one who is pathetic. p1 jumps in to try to help and all you can do make a sarcastic comment. really will encourage the guy to come back and help next time. i am sure they will get it sorted out and you will get your card. relax - if you don't have something postive to say don't say anything. some of us here want p1's participation.
  12. idlepaw's Avatar
    Posts
    48 Posts
    Global Posts
    62 Global Posts
    #12  
    worked for me. i just wish that they'd make the "zero's" and "oh's" easier to tell apart. Here's the format that worked for me. Characters are A and numbers are 1

    Serial number: AAAAAA11AAAA
    ID number: AAAAAA11111111111
  13. #13  
    Got mine ordered... I had a problem with zero's and "o"'s ... It took me 4 tries before I got the right combo... just interchange those if it says it's an invalid number/id.
  14. #14  
    I just tried the order and it worked just fine. Just to be clear, the numbers that it wants are:

    1. The S/N from the back of the phone.
    2. The ID from the back of the envelope that the installation CD was in. For me this was a 17 digit series of letters and numbers.
  15. #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by idlepaw
    worked for me. i just wish that they'd make the "zero's" and "oh's" easier to tell apart. Here's the format that worked for me. Characters are A and numbers are 1

    Serial number: AAAAAA11AAAA
    ID number: AAAAAA11111111111
    Thank you, thank you, thank you!

    BTW, my 17-digit code was on the back of my installation sleeve- I just accidentally swapped my bluetooth cd sleeve with my p1 cd sleeve and was totally confused!
  16. hockeynut's Avatar
    Posts
    36 Posts
    Global Posts
    38 Global Posts
    #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by mikec
    Doesn't work....says they are invalid. (Tested over 20 different ones)

    Another P1 goof up.

    Pathetic.
    I had problems with zeros and letter O. Luckily it only took about 3 tries before I hit the right one.
  17. t650man's Avatar
    Posts
    49 Posts
    Global Posts
    51 Global Posts
    #17  
    Dah me too. impossible to tell the difference between 0's and O's. Finally got it though
  18. ahalvor's Avatar
    Posts
    447 Posts
    Global Posts
    450 Global Posts
    #18  
    now I will have the 256mb card from my 600, the 128mb card for my 650 and the 1gig card I just ordered. I am drowning in SD cards ;-P
  19. #19  
    Worked for me too, albeit after a few tries with 0 vs. O.
  20. #20  
    Kevin, thank you very much. The link worked great.





    Guys, numeric codes that apply to devices don't use the letter o, they always use the number zero. Also, if your ID number is not inside your phone, it is on the back of your PalmOne software cd sleeve.

    Thanks again Kevin.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions