Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by crawform
    Worked for me too, albeit after a few tries with 0 vs. O.
    Yeah, after three tries with 0O, got it ordered.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fandango
    Kevin, thank you very much. The link worked great.

Guys, numeric codes that apply to devices don't use the letter o, they always use the number zero. Also, if your ID number is not inside your phone, it is on the back of your PalmOne software cd sleeve.

Thanks again Kevin.
    Actually, I had to change a zero to an O (Capital Letter O)....it wouldn't work with a zero even though I thought it looked like a zero....not sure you are correct with that absolute statement. At the very least you were incorrect in my instance.

Just FYI....

At least I got it to work, after three tries I called PalmOne waded through the voice menu, got on hold in the que, told the guy what I wanted, got told he couldn't do it and to try back in a few days.....then read the rest of the thread and went back to start changing out letters and numbers....got it on the first try.....had to change one zero to an O in my CD ID number...

On order, we'll see how long it takes to get here, I need to include it with my Treo 600 for sale to sweeten the deal! Anyone interested in a three month old Treo 600 with a brand new 128Meg SD Card (never opened)?
    Ordered mine just now! Thanks TreoCentral!!!!!!!
    Just ordered mine. Matty was right. thanks!
    Global Posts
    49 Global Posts
    Got mine right on the first try. I do wish they would slash their zeros. It would make it easier for everyone.
    Global Posts
    58 Global Posts
    Worked for me!
  7. g1v
    Worked for me too after reading this thread and swapping 0 & O.

Thanks Kevin and everyone else.
    So what the hell do you do if you don't have the CD sleeve anymore to give the ID number?
    Worked flawlessly. Good job, P1.
    Quote Originally Posted by ahalvor
    now I will have the 256mb card from my 600, the 128mb card for my 650 and the 1gig card I just ordered. I am drowning in SD cards ;-P
    Me too, 64mb, 128mb, and 1024mb!
    Stupid question: Does this page and this particular offer apply only to T650's purchased specifically from PalmOne? Or can Sprint, Amazon, and eventual VC orderers use it too?
    Just a heads up for anyone else that, like me, fought to get their 650 in the case the first time and doesn't want to take it out to find the serial number:

In the Phone screen, pull up the drop-down menus, go to Options --> Phone Info. SN is in there.
    Guys, numeric codes that apply to devices don't use the letter o, they always use the number zero.
    That's the problem Fandango: the letter o and number 0 *shouldn't* ever be in the same ID or serial numbering scheme unless a font is used that clearly distinguishes the two (such as putting a slash or dot through the zero to signifiy that it's not a letter o). However Palm DID use BOTH o's and zeroes in the CD ID numbers, and the font used to print the ID numbers on the back of these CD sleeves makes o and zero look *exactly* the same. You really can't tell the difference *at all*.

Also, treojunkie: My Treo 650's HW serial number is a different format than AAAAAA11AAAA as you specify. Mine is AAAA1A11A1A1. Unlike the software ID number on the back of the CD sleeve, they either do NOT use the letter o in the HW serial number in the Treo battery compartment, or I just got lucky by guessing that mine were all zeroes.

Was able to order the SD card, but it took a few guesses.
    Last edited by scaredpoet; 12/16/2004 at 07:18 AM.
    Now what did I do with that P1 sleeve??????
    "Everyday is a Gift, A Blessing, An Opportunity!" - GM

Phone history: Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo Centro, Pixi, Centro again, 800w, Treo 755p, Palm Pre
    P1 did everything in their power to bury that link as deep into their site as far as they could
    Just ordered mine
    Serial Number AAAA1AA1A1AA
    ID Number AAAAA111111111111
    Thanks
    Treoing & Loving it
    Moderator, sticky please
    Treoing & Loving it
    link worked perfectly. thank you!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by ethune
    mikec,

you are the one who is pathetic. p1 jumps in to try to help and all you can do make a sarcastic comment. really will encourage the guy to come back and help next time. i am sure they will get it sorted out and you will get your card. relax - if you don't have something postive to say don't say anything. some of us here want p1's participation.

P1 could have helped by not releasing a crippled device. They could have helped by not changing the file system, which was not needed (at least for maintaining memory). They could have helped by putting a decent amount of memory in (like the Tungsten.)

But they did not of this.

Then, they promise a "fix" and a 128 MB card (very paltry for a premium device). Then they post a link, which doesn't work.

The execution is what is pathetic here.

SAND
    Quote Originally Posted by scaredpoet
    That's the problem Fandango: the letter o and number 0 *shouldn't* ever be in the same ID or serial numbering scheme unless a font is used that clearly distinguishes the two (such as putting a slash or dot through the zero to signifiy that it's not a letter o). However Palm DID use BOTH o's and zeroes in the CD ID numbers, and the font used to print the ID numbers on the back of these CD sleeves makes o and zero look *exactly* the same. You really can't tell the difference *at all*.

Also, treojunkie: My Treo 650's HW serial number is a different format than AAAAAA11AAAA as you specify. Mine is AAAA1A11A1A1. Unlike the software ID number on the back of the CD sleeve, they either do NOT use the letter o in the HW serial number in the Treo battery compartment, or I just got lucky by guessing that mine were all zeroes.

Was able to order the SD card, but it took a few guesses.

Bingo.

It's like amatuer hour over at P1.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast