1.    #1  
    I am using IBM's WorkPad Sync to IR sync on my Visor with no real issues.

However, at times, I would like to use the cradle. When I do this I have to go into "preferences" and change from IR to Cradle and then reverse it when I want to use IR again. Obviously, since I don't use the cradle for IR syncing, I have to use the "soft" buttons in the Hotsync app.

Since I never use the "Modem Sync" choice in that app, is there a way to assign IR syncing to that "button" or something...

Is there a better choice for IR syncing than Workpad sync? It works fine, except for this little workflow issue.
    Global Posts
    286 Global Posts
    Originally posted by Rolando:
    I am using IBM's WorkPad Sync to IR sync on my Visor with no real issues.

Is there a better choice for IR syncing than Workpad sync? It works fine, except for this little workflow issue.
    Hey Rolando,
    I am using WorkpadSync also, as recommended by you in the troubleshooting section; however, once installed, I am not able to use the USB cradle after I change the Syncpanel back to cradle from IR. If I delete the Workpadsync prc files, I am then able to use the USB port again. What setting do you have in hotsync manager for USB cradle synching (i.e. do you change the serial port from com4 for IR sync back to com1?) I also have Palmprint installed as well as hackmaster. Any Ideas why WPsync won't USB sync on my visor?
    Thanks,
    Jon
  3.    #3  
    If you go to Preferences>SyncPanel, there is a choice between IR and Cradle. You have to switch this back and forth (unfortunately).

It's too bad that there is not a "shortcut" or something to toggle this. Or, a way to setup the "modem" soft button to activate the IR sync and leave the local one alone for the cradle...

Maybe another IR sync application does some of these things.

Anybody have any suggestions?
    riginally posted by Rolando:
    If you go to Preferences>SyncPanel, there is a choice between IR and Cradle. You have to switch this back and forth (unfortunately).

I've tried that, but USB hotsync is still unusable. Any other setting?
  5.    #5  
    I am using IR exclusively because my laptop only supports infrared OR serial at one time and doesn't support USB at all (because of the NT OS.