1.    #1  
    Ok so i have had my treo 600 since Feb so 10 month ago. I get rebate in 8 month. but i am an inpatiant fool.

not sure what phone to go for so i compared both.

TREO 650

wireless radio:TREO 650
    • GSM/GPRS model: 850/900/1800/1900 MHz world phone
    • CDMA model: 800/1900 MHz nationwide digital phone

SAMSUNG I550

• CDMA model: 800/1900 MHz nationwide digital phone
    And Analog

TREO 650

processor
    • Intel™ PXA270 312 MHz processor

SAMSUNG I550

200 mnz.

TREO 650

memory
    • 23MB user-available stored non-volatile memory (22MB multi-lingual)
    learn more... about NVFS memory

SAMSUNG I550

-More Memory(64 MB, 32 User Accesible)

TREO 650

battery
    • Removable rechargeable lithium ion battery
    • GSM/GPRS model: Up to 6 hours talk time and up to 300 hours standby time
    • CDMA model: Up to 5 hours talk time and up to 2 weeks standby time

SAMSUNG I550

• Removable rechargeable lithium ion battery
    ??

TREO 650

operating system
    • Palm OSฎ 5.4

SAMSUNG I550

Palm OS 5.2

TREO 650

size
    • 4.4 x 2.3 x 0.9 inches
    • 11.3 x 5.9 x 2.3 cm

SAMSUNG I550

3.43" x 2.13" x 1.06"

TREO 650

weight
    • 6.3 oz. / 178 grams

SAMSUNG I550

???

TREO 650

display
    • Color TFT touch-screen
    • 320 x 320 resolution
    • 16-bit color (displays over 65,000 colors)

SAMSUNG I550

-324x352 Hi-Res TFT 65k Color Screen

TREO 650

expansion
    • Supports SD, SDIO and MultiMediaCards

SAMSUNG I550

expansion
    • Supports SD, SDIO and MultiMediaCards

TREO 650

audio
    • RealPlayer included – requires SD memory card, sold separately
    • Stereo audio headset compatible – requires a stereo headset adapter, sold separately, for use with standard stereo headphones

SAMSUNG I550

audio
    • RealPlayer included – requires SD memory card, sold separately

TREO 650

digital camera1
    • VGA with 640x480 (0.3 megapixels) resolution and automatic light balancing
    • 2x zoom
    • Self-portrait mirror
    • Captures video

SAMSUNG I550

Megapixel Camera with flash
    Able To Control The Camera/Videocamera/MP3 Player Without Having To Open The Phone?

TREO 650

BLUETOOTH

SAMSUNG I550

NONE BUT MIGHT BE ABLE TO WITH SD CARDS.

Treo 650

Built in keyboard

SAMSUNG I550

Graffity
    Treo 600-Sprint v1.20
    drigout.textamerica.com
    The only problem is the i550 is vaporware.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by jayzee
    The only problem is the i550 is vaporware.
    what is vaporware?
    Treo 600-Sprint v1.20
    drigout.textamerica.com
    If the i550 does show up eventually, I will personally give it some serious thought. I like the smaller form factor quite a bit, though I'd have to carry it around for a few days to make sure. To be honest, the main reason I'm hesitant to leave the Treo behind is TreoCentral--I think I have quadrupled the effectiveness of my phone because of this huge community. The i550 is nice, but if I have a problem I feel I have no place to turn to.
    "Oooh oooh aaah aaah! Slap!" - MAdMoNKEY
    Vaporware is a product that is announced to the market but for some reason is never produced. Samsung has a habit of creating vaporware. I looked at the i500 hard because at the time I really liked the form factor. But because it took so long to hit the market and because the treo 600 was only weeks away I waited for the 600. I am glad I waited for the treo. After getting used to the candy bar form factor I don't know if I could start having to open up the phone to look at my schedule. Candy bar is more practical for me anyway. Not to mention not having a full keyboard.
    I like the screen protection a flip case offers. So even though I have a Treo 600 I have the Piel Frama case which is great. The i550 form factor looks great, but it is definitely annoying that the release date keeps getting pushed back and no one knows when it's going to be released. With the Treo 650 already out, Samsung is falling behind.
    I'd really miss the thumboard...

Plus, Samsung is iffy...
    The i550 is the phone I'd been holding out for since I first heard about it, but when it started looking like it wouldn't even happen I decided to go with the Treo 650.

IF the i550 does come out, I will seriously consider getting one - especially with this damn Treo memory issue which is severely cramping me.

Not holding my breath, but holding out hope!!
    Same here, the Samsung was the top runner for (although I really do not want to do without a keyboard). But now after having the 650 and seeing the nice job it's camera does as well as new features, I do not feel as inclined as I had before.

Madmonkey, I agree. Another main reasonsfor reluctance in leaving the Treo platform is the Treocentral community. It is invaluable in utilizing the unit, troubleshooting, etc.
    "Everyday is a Gift, A Blessing, An Opportunity!" - GM

Phone history: Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo Centro, Pixi, Centro again, 800w, Treo 755p, Palm Pre
    I too enjoy utilizing my unit and the TreoCentral community helps me do that.

(sorry I couldn't resist )
  11.    #11  
    Well i love the keyboard also.
    I guess if they make a mini keyboard like they do now on some palms and ppc that would be great it woudl be the same size as treo keyboard or a tiny bit bigger.
    Treo 600-Sprint v1.20
    drigout.textamerica.com
    I don't enter much text on my Treo--even for email, I'm usually just reading the email and not replying. My only concern with the lack of a keyboard is making it more difficult to do one-handed operations. For instance, in Snappermail I can delete email, etc. by pressing D or J on the keyboard. On the i550, I would hope I can do the same with minimal effort or the need to access grafitti.

Still, if the i550 can overcome some of the basic shortcomings, I would much rather have a smaller phone that I can easily slip into my pocket than a Treo that is too bulky for a pocket and makes me think twice about bringing it with me to places.
    Global Posts
    291 Global Posts
    if I was considering th i550, the thing that would concern me the most is whether Samsung does a good job of integrating the nav-pad as well as Handspring/palmOne has. that would be most important. Small form factor is nice, but if you have to constantly whip out the stylus to use it, it would be useless.
    My experience with the Samsung phones (i300 and i330 personally, and my dad's i500) is that they do a lousy job integrating the phone into the palm. The i500 is better, not because of anything that they did but because OS 4 built some of the phone stuff in, so Samsung didn't need to do as much. For all the complaining that we do about P1/Handspring around here, they are LIGHTYEARS ahead of Samsung. Samsung promised SDKs for the i300 and i330 that they never delivered. They left many bugs unfixed, including spontaneous hard resets.

Oh, and for the record, my dad just dumped his i500 for the Treo 650.

-Brian