Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    From my sources, the memory issue is currently being addressed by Palm. (this is not the SD offer) I would think that means more internal memory, but I do not know yet. I will know more soon....
    Last edited by Shatter; 12/15/2004 at 12:01 PM. Reason: Typo in title
    I don't understand why Real Player is in ROM, when like Docs to Go it could have been on the CD.
    Quote Originally Posted by mausalot
    I don't understand why Real Player is in ROM, when like Docs to Go it could have been on the CD.
    Yeah, I don't know either, but I bet it has to do with magazine reviews of the 600 that had to write "no built-in mp3 player" under the cons section.
    Let's be realistic...it'll be a month or two until they release a patch or mod. First they have to engineer it, then debug it, and then beta test it, and then roll it out.

Palm I give you almost all the time in the world!

I really like the Treo650.

Regards,

Jose
    Regards,

2smart4phone
    Quote Originally Posted by 2smart4phone
    Let's be realistic...it'll be a month or two until they release a patch or mod. First they have to engineer it, then debug it, and then beta test it, and then roll it out.

Palm I give you almost all the time in the world!

I really like the Treo650.

Regards,

Jose
    Given all of the issues with the 650, I don't think PalmOne has a "debug it" and "beta test" phase. They will just engineer and distribute.
    sure they Beta test, that's what Sprint users are for
    La Vie En Diaspora: Enfin, une émission qui raconte votre vie aux Etats-Unis

Treo 600 in December '03, Treo 650 in February '05, HTC TyTN Pro in August '06, and back to Treo 750 in January '07, find me at MyTreo.net

About me: story of the 100thMonkey
    Quote Originally Posted by 100thMonkey
    sure they Beta test, that's what Sprint users are for
    Isn't that the truth!!!
    BOFH/Chavous Camp

Don't know what BOFH stands for? See here.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shatter
    From my sources, the memory issue is currently being addressed by Palm. (this is not the SD offer) I would think that means more internal memory, but I do not know yet. I will know more soon....
    Where's the beef?
    ELR
    >> Drop by! <<

Avatar courtesy of ButtUglyJeff!
    Global Posts
    211 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mausalot
    Because Palm needed and mp3 player and Real paid Palm for the privs.
    Grace & Peace,

utey
    Can you put your "X" out on the window tonight, meet the cigarette man, and find out some more on this issue? Is it being fixed and how? Is it actually possible to fix this through some software push?

PS: If you weren't a former X File fan, nothing I said will make sense.

Eric
    Well, unfortunately for ME, as a physician, the memory issue has turned out to be a problem. I can only load 1/2 the medical refs I had on my 600. I've had the 650 for 12 days, and after ~5 endless reset loops, and 2 hard resets, it's going back to Sprint tomorrow. The screen and NEW features are great, but IMHO, it's not ready for prime-time (at least for professionals). Unless PalmOne comes up with a quick fix, I'll have to switch to PocketPC. The future in medicine is digital information, and the 650 ain't ready.

Thank you for the news. We eagerly await any information
    Quote Originally Posted by sleepysurf
    The future in medicine is digital information, and the 650 ain't ready.
    Sure it is. I'll bet you're using epocrates which isn't able to use expansion cards - and it takes up way too much room on the 650. I dumped epocrates because of this. 5 major reference titles from Skyscape, Tarascon Pharmacopoeia, Sanford Guide and about 12MB free... works for me.
    Well, unfortunately for ME, as a physician, the memory issue has turned out to be a problem. I can only load 1/2 the medical refs I had on my 600. I've had the 650 for 12 days, and after ~5 endless reset loops, and 2 hard resets, it's going back to Sprint tomorrow. The screen and NEW features are great, but IMHO, it's not ready for prime-time (at least for professionals). Unless PalmOne comes up with a quick fix, I'll have to switch to PocketPC. The future in medicine is digital information, and the 650 ain't ready.
    I hope you can hold off on going to Pocket PC. From my experience it sucks.
    Eric
    Hey, does anyone know if the free SD Card offer has been activated out at PalmOne??? If so, where to I go to get one?
    go.digital
    I'm a physician as well and, though the 650 is a bit more limited with memory, I still have about 300MB of medical reference material on my SD card. The only indispensible software I use works fine on the card with the exception of Medical Letter and Medical Letter Rx (which I'm working with tech support to fix). I'm interested to know what software you are using that doesn't work from SD?
    There is no news until a fix is shipped.
    Quote Originally Posted by mikec
    There is no news until a fix is shipped.
    Please elaborate. Are you saying that it is NOT a software fix? (as I anticipated it wouldn't be).

Eric
    I thought I read somewhere that the fix will be software and it has to do something with compressing what's in memory. Remember the good old days when there were softwares to compress your ram to "increase" the size? I think that's the cheapest solution.
    Quote Originally Posted by LordPhong
    I thought I read somewhere that the fix will be software and it has to do something with compressing what's in memory. Remember the good old days when there were softwares to compress your ram to "increase" the size? I think that's the cheapest solution.
    I hope you are wrong about some compression scheme...It sounds like the 650 is slow enough!

What with having to go from NVFS to RAM and back with every file you need to access (others on this board have mentioned conciderable lag time in common taks like dialing a phone number from contacts, which needs to access memory vs just keying in a number)...this would lag even more if it also needs to compress/decompress with every file access...

Lets hope theres a better solution...like a hardware upgrade with more onboard RAM...or this thing will be pretty much un-usable!
    Treo 650 GSM Unlocked-TMobile
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast