1.    #1  
    Well, the 650 decided to take a short aerial trip from my belt case while I was rushing out the door to work this morning. Took a short hop. This would be a minor thing for a 600, so I thought nothing of it. Boy, was I mistaken. The unit has noticable gouges all over, including the camera lens shroud, antenna, battery cover, headset jack, bottom right corner (which now makes it feel weird in my hand), the raised "bump" that goes to your ear, the stylus opening, AND THE STYLUS. In one drop, I accumulated more damage than with 5-6 drops on the 600 - which never got this bad.

Moral of the story - be CAREFUL with the 650 - it's not nearly as hardy.

Second moral - I'm buying a more secure case.
    Highly Mobile iPhone User

Palm Pilot -> Palm Pilot Pro -> HP 620LX -> Palm VII -> Palm VIIx -> Ipaq 3270 -> Treo 300 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> Treo 700p - iPhone - iPhone 3G
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeTampa
    Well, the 650 decided to take a short aerial trip from my belt case while I was rushing out the door to work this morning. Took a short hop. This would be a minor thing for a 600, so I thought nothing of it. Boy, was I mistaken. The unit has noticable gouges all over, including the camera lens shroud, antenna, battery cover, headset jack, bottom right corner (which now makes it feel weird in my hand), the raised "bump" that goes to your ear, the stylus opening, AND THE STYLUS. In one drop, I accumulated more damage than with 5-6 drops on the 600 - which never got this bad.

Moral of the story - be CAREFUL with the 650 - it's not nearly as hardy.

Second moral - I'm buying a more secure case.
    Sorry that happened... That's no fun. While nothing except keeping it in the drawer can totally prevent those accidents, (Hey I just thougt... how bout a safety line?) I recommend the Bellagio case. The front of my Bellagio case is totally beat with the two metal strips in front becoming exposed at the ends, but it's saved my Treo a bunch of times!

-Vincent
    Treo 700p, 650p 600p, 300p, IIIc, III, Vx, USR Palm Pilot, Newton Message Pad 130, Newton Message Pad 120, (Was there a MP 100?), HP Calculator, Pencil and Paper, Chisel and Rock ....
    lol @ the story. i was driving to the store, and i usually keep the phone in my lap, especially if i'm on IM, if im txt'ing somebody, or expecting a call. well...i got baggy clothes, so i usually dont feel if the phone is on my lap or not...i step out of the car...boom. phone drops. i swear my treo life flashed before my eyes. i picked it up...everything was fine. let me also add...it was nitetime...so i couldnt see anything yet. i turned it on...opened up Memo and tested all the keys. worked. got inside of the store and wow. looked at my phone..it looks like a chewed up pencil. there's lil marks all over it. and on the camera part...chips, nicks, and all that. but yeah...the bottom and all over the back...chewed up pencil. this damn cheap shiiii