Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Yeah, but no one else seems to know it. Do you believe it?
  2.    #62  
    Quote Originally Posted by sndtubes
    Yeah, but no one else seems to know it. Do you believe it?
    There is a thing called hope... Guess we will see this week if it becomes reality
    Quote Originally Posted by pkjv
    There is a thing called hope... Guess we will see this week if it becomes reality

Here is a link to the sprint roaming fix. Havent had time to check if it solves our problem but like you said there is a thing called hope!

Sprint Roaming Fix
    Did anybody know that if you don't have the roaming packge from sprint. You get charge $.50 per call. If you hardly travel or don't want to roam, there is no way to disable roaming on the phone. There for either you pay $5 for the package or $.50 per call. I just had an argument with customer support regarding roaming charges.
  5.    #65  
    Quote Originally Posted by mgtakahashi
    Did anybody know that if you don't have the roaming packge from sprint. You get charge $.50 per call. If you hardly travel or don't want to roam, there is no way to disable roaming on the phone. There for either you pay $5 for the package or $.50 per call. I just had an argument with customer support regarding roaming charges.
    rtfm: Simply don't select the "digital roaming" option from the phone menu and you will never roam and either stay on the Sprint network or loose the signal altogether...
    Quote Originally Posted by pkjv
    rtfm: Simply don't select the "digital roaming" option from the phone menu and you will never roam and either stay on the Sprint network or loose the signal altogether...
    I had it uncheck, and still had to pay for roaming. According to Sprint, I cannot make any calls, but still can received calls. I know it does not make any sense, but that is what they told me.
  7.    #67  
    Quote Originally Posted by mgtakahashi
    I had it uncheck, and still had to pay for roaming. According to Sprint, I cannot make any calls, but still can received calls. I know it does not make any sense, but that is what they told me.
    That does not make sense... When I deselect the "digital roaming" option, I don't get any connection to a roaming network (inbound or outbound). You can also tell by looking on the top left, it says SPRINT or ROAMING or NO SERVICE.

Other thing you can do to make things sure sure, is to set a special ringer type for roaming calls and just ignore those calls.

If you are sure that the option was off, I would really question Sprint's billing system...
    Quote Originally Posted by lghitis
    I want to know if anybody has an explanation. I was in Peru, and my Sprint Tre0650 show it was roaming. I use SWB as my home phone service in San Antonio, Texas,which forwards calls to my cell phone when I am not at home. At one point I received a call to my cell while I was there in Peru. Anybody has an explanation of how that happened?

I believe Sprint has roaming partnerships with certain overseas CDMA carriers. For example I believe you can roam on you Sprint CDMA handset in certain areas of Mexico City and etc. Most likely there is a Peruvian CDMA partner that Sprint has a relationship with and thus your Treo was able to roam. However be forwarned, international roaming rates on Sprint are astronomical!!!

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234