1.    #1  
    Yet another NL (No Lid) in lacquered metallic blue.

Speaker hole is the HS 'Flip' logo.

(looks alot better in the flesh )
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by nzmoko; 12/15/2004 at 02:30 AM.
    www.gsmworld.com
    great work as always from nzmoko. I'm not a big fan of pointy phones though. do you have any concepts that have more round tops?
  3.    #3  
    I did make one that was more rounded but the proportions looked all wrong and it was a lot of work as I had to cut into the body of the Treo.

The idea is to keep the original speaker, which is quite big for a mobile phone and still retain the original form factor as much as possible.

The only way to make the housing more rounded is to either:
    Cut into the actual body of the Treo (may compromise strength)
    or
    Use a small mobile phone speaker (Nokia)(but then you lose the speaker-phone function)
    or
    Actually make the housing bigger (gets top-heavy and looks all wrong - like a PPC device)

The design isn't to everyone's taste but after making a few of these, this design is a good compromise.
    www.gsmworld.com
    Global Posts
    58 Global Posts
    have you thought of shaving off the pointy top and make it more of a trapezoidal shape?
    Oh, yeah! That's my phone! I don't care about the pointy top - it's a vast improvement over the devastatingly defective clamshell. Nzmoko has done an outstanding job on my phone and I can’t wait to get my hands on it. I shall call it “Beldar”; only it’s from Switzerland, not France.
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by joeysmith
    have you thought of shaving off the pointy top and make it more of a trapezoidal shape?
    Can't... it's already at the limit and it would mean shaving off a portion of the actual speaker (the speaker in the 180/270/300 is positively huge!).
    But nice suggestion
    www.gsmworld.com
    Global Posts
    58 Global Posts
    nzmoko, could you post a back view of that shell? also, how do i get my 180 to you? do you need the whole unit or should i just take it apart and send you the shell?