1.    #1  
    In response to a reply I sent to Sprint and P1 regarding that silly letter offering many of us a $20 Treo 600 accessory in exchange for the trouble we've had with multiple defective Treos...

I was offered a Treo 650 for $300, PLUS my old T600. About what I'd net by selling it locally or on Ebay, but without the Amex extended warranty. I would have taken it for $300, because I wouldn't lost money if I decided to pawn it off after buying a few more memory hacks and giving it one last shot to handle what the 600 can do.

But no way am I giving up a stable 600 with 23MB PLUS $300 for a 1.0 version of the 650.

This was the offer that PalmOne seems to think is highly generous for those of us who have been through numerous replacements of the A, B, and C T600 hardware. It's a total joke and slap in the face, especially when they offerred them for $349 WITHOUT a trade-in via Vienna Channels to anybody willing and able to sit through a daytime presentation of the Treo 650 randomly choking on high-memory applications in front of their software hawkers. I guess beta testing the Treo 600 for them and living without a phone for a month or so the past year wasn't as much of a service to P1 as sitting through a couple hours of their tedious demos.

I keep trying to give PalmOne a chance to do right, but they seem to have the impression that any good customer that complains about a bad product or feature is just out to get them. After experiencing the 650 and it's numerous bugs and drawbacks they'd have a tough sell just trading me equally for the Treo 600 - in retrospect it was amusing to be offered such a ridiculous deal as though it were worth considering... If they can sell 'em to the Vienna Channel people for $349 straight-up, there's no reason they can't unload them on the victims of the 600 build-quality for at or near that price, too.

"There's an old saying in Tennessee—
    I know it's in Texas, probably in Tennessee—
    that says, fool me once, shame on—shame on you.
    Fool me—you can't get fooled again."
    —- George W. Bush, Nashville, Tenn., Sept. 17, 2002
    Treo 755s in good condition available on ebay for $50-$75. No need to pay for insurance or buy a Pre.
    Quote Originally Posted by Joad
    This was the offer that PalmOne seems to think is highly generous for those of us who have been through numerous replacements of the A, B, and C T600 hardware. It's a total joke and slap in the face, especially when they offerred them for $349 WITHOUT a trade-in via Vienna Channels to anybody willing and able to sit through a daytime presentation of the Treo 650 randomly choking on high-memory applications in front of their software hawkers. I guess beta testing the Treo 600 for them and living without a phone for a month or so the past year wasn't as much of a service to P1 as sitting through a couple hours of their tedious demos.

WTF? So you're pissed b/c you want PalmOne to sell you the 650 for $300 without having you exchange your old Treo 600? Pulease... If you wanted the Treo 650 for $350 bucks then you should have gone like the rest of us and sat through 3 hr Treo roadshow when you had the chance...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    This is way off topic, but what in the heck is that icon below gfunkmagic's name in every single post.

And does it say "canes", or "lanes", or "games" on that girls ****?

I've been trying to decipher the meaning. I figure there is a message in their somewhere.

lol.

bawahahahah! I LOVE IT! hahahhah!
    What's wrong with it? Makes sense to me!
    Quote Originally Posted by GoodNamesRTaken
    This is way off topic, but what in the heck is that icon below gfunkmagic's name in every single post.

And does it say "canes", or "lanes", or "games" on that girls ****?

I've been trying to decipher the meaning. I figure there is a message in their somewhere.

lol.
    Based on the color and letter style, I'm guessing "Canes" as in Miami Hurricanes football
    Joad,

I received the Sprint/Palm letter and haven't ordered anything "yet" . Whom to I contact about getting the Treo 650 "$300" offer?