1.    #1  
    Ok...So after debating for about a week, I decided to buy the Treo 650 after researching into it. After I bought it, I activated it and immediately called a friend. He told me that I was cutting in and out. I looked at my signal, and I was full strength. After he kept telling me I was breaking up, I hung up, called myself on my other phone and experienced it for myself. I took the phone back (third-part retailer) and exchanged it. I was told when I called to activate the 2nd phone, if I am still having problems, take it into a SprintPCS store (even though I did tell her (the SprintPCS telephone representative) I did not purchase it from a SprintPCS store). So after the 2nd phone was activated, I was still having the same problems. I took it into a SprintPCS store, and they would not help me. I then went exchange the phone again (my 3rd phone). I went back to the SprintPCS store after my 3rd phone was having problems and just bought it from the SprintPCS store. Now, on my 4th phone, I am STILL experiencing microphone problems where the person I am talking to thinks I'm in a tunnel cutting in and out constantly. HELP!

Global Posts
    745 Global Posts
    I use a headset (Plantronics) and people hear me fine. Eventually they will fix the microphone problem.
    mgauss - Hey you're the guy that did nothing but diss Palm and the Treo for the past 8 months.... So ya bought a 650? lol
    Global Posts
    745 Global Posts
    Yeah I was pissed at Palm and Treo for not having hi res while you guys defended 160 x 160. I am happy as a pig in **** now with my 650! And you guys should thank me that I dissed Palm for their low res while you guys were "happy" with it.
    Uhmmm......... thanks?
    From my brief time around here, that seems to be sort of a pattern. You get a few complainers, or "whiners" as some call them, who yell about this problem or that problem. The rest of the good people here get almost embarassed by the noise. Then, eventually, something gets done and everybody forgets about the whole thing.
    I hear you GWB.

Hopefully we won't end up like some other forums where every post is moderated for content and you can only see it 24hrs later. Oh well, good thing we have the option to ignore...
    www.gsmworld.com
    Quote Originally Posted by nzmoko
    I hear you GWB.

Hopefully we won't end up like some other forums where every post is moderated for content and you can only see it 24hrs later. Oh well, good thing we have the option to ignore...
    Nice car!

I guess the real question is do the complainers actually do any good? Would PalmOne fix things if nobody complained about them, or would they just ignore the problem since only a few loudmouths are, well, complaining?
    Last edited by GWB; 12/15/2004 at 08:08 AM.
    Hi MadlyAlive,

Maybe that store has a bad batch, this problem definitely seems to only affect some of the Treos. I was talking to my wife while walking down Michigan Ave in Chicago (ie, lots of background noise). She said that while she could hear there was noise in the background she could understand every word I was saying (this was while using the handset, not a headset).

Though YMMV, I have had great luck with my unit.

Alec
  10.    #10  
    After doing some more tests, I left myself a voicemail on my work phone from my Treo on my way to work this morning. I used the handset and a Jabra wired headset. I had one piece of tape over the microphone. Both calls were decent. I'd rate them a 6/10. Significantly worse than my Sanyo VM4500. I even tried two pieces of tape over the mic when I got to work. After unhappily satisfied (slightly contradicting, although somewhat true) of the voicemails I left, I called myself from a landline and still am having problems.

I have tried 4 different phones. The first was from a CompUSA, the second from another CompUSA, the third from another CompUSA, and finally (the phone I'm using now) is from the Sprint Store.

I've heard of bad batches being shipped to stores (and I've experienced that with my VM4500) but nothing like this.

My question to everyone is this: What City/State/Country do you live in and where did you purchase the phone?

Bryan
    Global Posts
    151 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MadlyAlive
    Ok...So after debating for about a week, I decided to buy the Treo 650 after researching into it. After I bought it, I activated it and immediately called a friend. He told me that I was cutting in and out. I looked at my signal, and I was full strength. After he kept telling me I was breaking up, I hung up, called myself on my other phone and experienced it for myself. I took the phone back (third-part retailer) and exchanged it. I was told when I called to activate the 2nd phone, if I am still having problems, take it into a SprintPCS store (even though I did tell her (the SprintPCS telephone representative) I did not purchase it from a SprintPCS store). So after the 2nd phone was activated, I was still having the same problems. I took it into a SprintPCS store, and they would not help me. I then went exchange the phone again (my 3rd phone). I went back to the SprintPCS store after my 3rd phone was having problems and just bought it from the SprintPCS store. Now, on my 4th phone, I am STILL experiencing microphone problems where the person I am talking to thinks I'm in a tunnel cutting in and out constantly. HELP!

YOu need to look at the other forum in 650 hardware. There is a big string on t his and i am working with PalmOne to solve this.
  12.    #12  
    I actually found that thread after I posted in here. In your opinion, is it worth waiting it out and keeping the phone or should I just return it and wait until all the bugs are worked out?

Bryan
    Last edited by MadlyAlive; 12/15/2004 at 12:55 PM.