1.    #1  
    On the recommendation of some TC members, when I began having problems last week with syncing (i.e. my contacts and calendar from Outlook wouldn't sync, I'd just get error messages), I attempted to uninstall the Palm One sync software and reinstall it. When trying to uninstall, the uninstaller just stopped progressing when it got close to finished. I had to "end task" using the task manager to end the uninstaller. I then tried to reinstall, which was similarly unsuccessful. Like the uninstall, the reinstall just stopped progressing just before completion. I even tried going into the Windows program folder and the registry editor where I deleted all P1 software. I'm still unable to do a full install or uninstall. I've spent hours on the phone with the Sprint problem solvers, and although they've been trying to help, they're as stumpped as I am. I'm running Windows XP Pro on my desktop. Does anyone have any ideas? I'm desparate
    Just went through the same thing on my replacement treo i made sure i copied everything to backup man then i did a hard reset on my treo. Then i removed the palm program and reinstalled the soft ware working fine now after i did my sync i added my files that i had on my card so far works like a charm.

Fred
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by fkpalm
    Just went through the same thing on my replacement treo i made sure i copied everything to backup man then i did a hard reset on my treo. Then i removed the palm program and reinstalled the soft ware working fine now after i did my sync i added my files that i had on my card so far works like a charm.

Fred
    Thanks for sharing your experience FK. My only follow up question is, how would this work for me when I can't completely uninstall or reinstall the palm software? Remember this problem has nothing to do with the Treo itself. I've tried countless times to unstall the P1 software from my computer, with no success. Thanks though for your thoughts.
    A full uninstall can be done by hand (should be that is) by doing the following:

1. Shut down HotSync manager.
    2. Delete the C:\Program Files\palmOne directory (might want to save the users directory in case you have anything there you want).
    3. Delete the following registry keys under HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software (if there)
    Palm
    PalmDesktopAutoRun
    U.S. Robotics
    4. Delete the following registry keys under HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Softare (if there)
    PalmSource
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by dang
    A full uninstall can be done by hand (should be that is) by doing the following:

1. Shut down HotSync manager.
    2. Delete the C:\Program Files\palmOne directory (might want to save the users directory in case you have anything there you want).
    3. Delete the following registry keys under HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software (if there)
    Palm
    PalmDesktopAutoRun
    U.S. Robotics
    4. Delete the following registry keys under HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Softare (if there)
    PalmSource
    Thanks Dang. I did that and when I tried to reinstall, it just stopped towards the end of the installation when it was "removing backup files." I did find a solution, I think, to this problem. I found that if I entered the task manager at the time the installation wizard stalled out, I found a program called "ihost" that was running on and off in the background. I haven't a clue what the program is, but I ended that program, and the install seemed to proceed to the end. This all started though, when I tried to uninstall and reinstall because I was getting sync errors that caused the contacts and calendar not to sync. After reinstallation, I'm only slightly closer to a resolution of the problem. My contacts properly synced, but the calendar still fails to sync. I get the following error message appearing in the log:
    "Outlook Calendar
    OLERR:03-005E (0xa7270057)
    OLERR:03-0005
    OLERR:0D-0016
    OLERR:0D-000E
    OLERR:0D-0004
    OLERR:0D-0001
    - Recovery Sync
    Outlook Calendar synchronization failed"
    Any more ideas anyone???
    I do believe "iHost" is spyware. Wonder how it affected you....
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by finkkatz
    Thanks Dang. I did that and when I tried to reinstall, it just stopped towards the end of the installation when it was "removing backup files." I did find a solution, I think, to this problem. I found that if I entered the task manager at the time the installation wizard stalled out, I found a program called "ihost" that was running on and off in the background. I haven't a clue what the program is, but I ended that program, and the install seemed to proceed to the end. This all started though, when I tried to uninstall and reinstall because I was getting sync errors that caused the contacts and calendar not to sync. After reinstallation, I'm only slightly closer to a resolution of the problem. My contacts properly synced, but the calendar still fails to sync. I get the following error message appearing in the log:
    "Outlook Calendar
    OLERR:03-005E (0xa7270057)
    OLERR:03-0005
    OLERR:0D-0016
    OLERR:0D-000E
    OLERR:0D-0004
    OLERR:0D-0001
    - Recovery Sync
    Outlook Calendar synchronization failed"
    Any more ideas anyone???
    I solved my own problem using third party software. I placed the details in the "Bluetooth" discussion section.
    There have been a lot of problems with corrupted calendar databases, expecially for those who use backup software.

I swapped out my Treo 650 yesterday at a local Sprint store due to a dead pixel that was driving me nuts (Millbury, Mass. -- they were very helpfull, and swapped it out no questions asked! I recommend them if you live in the area!). Before I handed it to them I backed everything up with BackupBuddy and did a restore on the new Treo.

When I arrived home and tried to sync it with my Mac (using Missing Sync), the Treo would reboot everytime it reached the iSync conduit! I tried it on Windows XP -- no restarts, but it would just hang there while syncing the calendar with no end in sight. (I gave up after it had been sitting there for four hours.)

I found someone who had solved the problem at http://www.spug.net/showthread.php?t=51648

There's an awesome little utility called dbscan which repairs corrupted calendar databases: http://www.pimlicosoftware.com/dbscan.prc

I ran it, selected "Remove All Deleted Records" from the menu, then hit the "Start Scan" button. (We Treo users don't need to worry about the buttons on the bottom.) It crashed on me the first time so I had to run it a couple of times. But since then my Treo's been syncing like a charm!!
    Dave
    Quote Originally Posted by finkkatz
    On the recommendation of some TC members, when I began having problems last week with syncing (i.e. my contacts and calendar from Outlook wouldn't sync, I'd just get error messages), I attempted to uninstall the Palm One sync software and reinstall it. When trying to uninstall, the uninstaller just stopped progressing when it got close to finished. I had to "end task" using the task manager to end the uninstaller. I then tried to reinstall, which was similarly unsuccessful. Like the uninstall, the reinstall just stopped progressing just before completion. I even tried going into the Windows program folder and the registry editor where I deleted all P1 software. I'm still unable to do a full install or uninstall. I've spent hours on the phone with the Sprint problem solvers, and although they've been trying to help, they're as stumpped as I am. I'm running Windows XP Pro on my desktop. Does anyone have any ideas? I'm desparate
    Yes, you are not alone. It also happended exactly to me. I had been calling to the Palm service for many times. Even the level-II tech could not solve the problem. Now I am just living with the problem and try not to reinstall the software. Everytime I was stuck at "Removing backup files...".

Who knows when they can solve the problems.
    Its good to know I'm not alone, although still sucks there's no apparent solution. Same problem with no resolution to date. I do all my syncing and app downloading on my work computer -- can't get past "removing backup files" on the home machine (Tablet PC) when I try to install P1 software. When I ultimately use task mgr. to shut down the install and then go to restart my Tablet, I get a message that the program "IDriver.exe" will not shut down and I have to end that separately. Anyone know what that does and why it might be stopping my install?

Thanks.
    Last edited by MileHighTreo; 12/15/2004 at 07:41 PM.
    On PalmOnes site, I saw a note about these errors.

They actually suggest using Chapura.

I installed a trial of KeySuite and it syncs fine.

However, the standard palm apps (calendar and rcently contacts won't sync).

If you get the XT version of Pocketmirror, it may work better.
    Major errrors with the installing of Palm Desktop, finally got it to work sort of as a fluke, very lucky I didnt lose my old data. I think the install software is a little buggy, not bad, just buggy, remember we (sprint people) are the real beta testers!