Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    My stup is like yours but i am down to 5mb of memory. How is your?

Longstrider's review is very positive but it emphasized HIS way of using the device. He values the sound features, the camera and the high res screen. My values are more workaday, I really use the machine as a peripheral to look at my desktop apps, so:

From my POV, the device is good but has defects that limit my enthusiasm:

1 memory issues
    2 lack of Graffiti (important to those of us who prefer the stylus)
    3. Blue tooth implementation (at least on mine, the Jabra 250 is very noisy).
    4. the screen ... it is improved but I care more about readability in bright light rather than I do about resolution. The screen is better than the T600s but I have seen better yet.
    intellegent balanced review...thanks!

Will it work on a Mac?

how is the speaker phone when playing movies, can you hear the voices without a headphone

how do you sync with entourage 2004?

Thanks,

iz
    I'm using it with a Mac and it works fine.

The speaker is fine for playing movies. Mono but plenty loud and crisp. Kinoma Player EX with MP4 movies is unbelievable!

I'm synching with iSync (Mac addressbook and calendar). But assuming that there is a palm conduit for Entourage it should work just fine.

Quote Originally Posted by ideawizard2
    intellegent balanced review...thanks!

Will it work on a Mac?

how is the speaker phone when playing movies, can you hear the voices without a headphone

how do you sync with entourage 2004?

Thanks,

iz
    Main Phone: Treo 270/600/650/700w/700p/750v/Motorola Q/iPhone
    Tried but sold: Motorola Q/Nokia E61/700wx/HTC TyTN/Treo 680
    Global Posts
    291 Global Posts
    instead of renaming any backup folders, I just deleted the entire handspring folder after the uninstall
  6.    #26  
    Quote Originally Posted by camartin
    I say this half kidding but the post seems too polished for a casual review IMHO.
    *laffs*
    I suppose i should take that as a compliment!
    Believe me... i know how to market... i do it every day.
    But never for PalmOne.

This board has helped me a lot.
    I just wanted to submit something that might be helpful to others in an effort to give back.
  7.    #27  
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevesm
    My stup is like yours but i am down to 5mb of memory. How is your?
    Use the dataviz tool.

It moves "docs to go" to the SD card.
    That will free up about 4 to 4.5 meg.
    Quote Originally Posted by Longstrider
    No No No... that is the problem.

You have to change the name of your current backup folder that you use for the 600.
    Then install 650 software. When you hotsync (with your old profile) everything will transfer except for your third party apps. Then you just install the apps one at a time to make sure they are compatible.

I really believe that MANY people have upgraded the wrong way. I know for a fact (i tried to put webpro browser on my 650) that if you install a bad app your 650 will crash and either freeze or go through a recycle loop. So imagine what happens if you sync over several of them!

Just check the list on this forum of apps that are compatible and you will have NO problems.
    I agree this is bad...but it is the default that is done, which is PalmOne's mistake.

The Handspring/PalmOne 600 software does not do a REAL uninstall, which leads to the problems. This is a glaring issue that shows that PalmOne does not do any substantial QA on their devices.

Even though it "downloads the latest update", it still happens. They couldn't even fix that. Again, P1 asleep at the wheel.

Embarassing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Hair
    You have to go in and change the back up folder's frame. That will eliminate everything.
    But you only know this IF:

you read TC fanatically, or searched the P1 web site for the specific issue. Hell, even Sony includes orange warning papers on serious issues that you see in the box when you open it.

The majority is people wil not do that, so P1 screwed the pooch.
    Quote Originally Posted by meyerweb
    "Let me control the nation's money and I care not who makes its laws." -****** ******

According to several sites, this is attributable to Mayer Amschel Bauer (AKA Meyer Amschel Rothschild), who founded the Rothschild family:

http://www.the7thfire.com/debt_elimi...e_solution.htm

http://www.welfarestate.com/nwo/
    Tiny disclaimer...the above links may result in increased ignorance, anti-semitism, and brain-washing. NWO...don't believe the hype.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevesm

Longstrider's review is very positive but it emphasized HIS way of using the device. He values the sound features, the camera and the high res screen. My values are more workaday, I really use the machine as a peripheral to look at my desktop apps, so:

From my POV, the device is good but has defects that limit my enthusiasm:

1 memory issues
    2 lack of Graffiti (important to those of us who prefer the stylus)
    3. Blue tooth implementation (at least on mine, the Jabra 250 is very noisy).
    4. the screen ... it is improved but I care more about readability in bright light rather than I do about resolution. The screen is better than the T600s but I have seen better yet.
    I use my T650 for work everyday and have not had these issues
    1.Memory I have 16mb of ram free. I have almost everything on my sd card.
    2. Installed Graffiti Anywhere, used a lot on my 600, but haven't used it very much since the keyboard is a lot easier to use than the 600s. But it quite handy to have on there when I need it.
    3.BT syncs great with my powerbook and waiting on my SE HBH660 headset to get here. Works great for sending files to the people I know with TT3s. From my experience with other BT phones it seems each phone will operate better with certain headsets and I have read several places that the Jabra 250 does not seem to play very well with our 650s.
    4. I find the screen to be almost as good my SonyClie outside.

For me the biggest problem has been the outgoing call quality is very inconsistent. 80% of the time I have no problems but at random intervals it seems the mic in my treo starts to pick up the slighest background noise and makes it very hard for people to understand what I am saying. This is usually in my car, in a server room or maybe just the TV or radio on in the background. I came this close -><- to returning my 650 a couple of days ago. But, I just love this phone for all that it can do and I will try to patiently wait for a fix from Palm1 and use a BT headset in my car until then.
    Global Posts
    211 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mikec
    But you only know this IF:

you read TC fanatically, or searched the P1 web site for the specific issue. Hell, even Sony includes orange warning papers on serious issues that you see in the box when you open it.

The majority is people wil not do that, so P1 screwed the pooch.
    Actually this is not true either. There was a big card on top of the packaging in the box that had a warning about upgrading from a previous Palm device. If you followed the warnings instrcutions you would have been safe.

Also many of the people who upgraded and had problems were people who DO read TC but ignored the upgrade intructions.
    Grace & Peace,

utey
    Tiny disclaimer...the above links may result in increased ignorance, anti-semitism, and brain-washing. NWO...don't believe the hype.

Who cares about all that new world order ish, I just like that quote......
    "Let me control the nation's money and I care not who makes its laws." -****** ******

Also, for someone that don't believe the hype, you sure knew where to find that quote in my signature. Mabey its not hype after all.
    Longstrider:

"Use the dataviz tool." to move files.

Can you expand on this?
    We support over 1000 cellphones in our company and have been rolling out Treos for a while for all carriers. Those who upgraded from a 600 to 650 LOVE IT. Every one that I've talked to. They unanimously also prefer the voice quality over the 600. I have not heard complaints from those who switched from another carrier to Sprint, but we tend to support the phones with the end user, not the carrier.

Power users complain about memory but we just hook them up with Zlauncher/SD card and everthing is cool.

BTW, the 'cool factor' is running a Seinfeld episode with subtitles and then tell them that a 1GB card can hold over 10 hours of video. A 20-minute episode only eats 2-3% of juice. Looks fantastic... way way better, faster and smoother than T600.
    Sprint Pre, Mugen 2800mah battery
    Quote Originally Posted by utey
    Actually this is not true either. There was a big card on top of the packaging in the box that had a warning about upgrading from a previous Palm device. If you followed the warnings instrcutions you would have been safe.

Also many of the people who upgraded and had problems were people who DO read TC but ignored the upgrade intructions.
    Hmm....I have seen over 25 boxes of Treo 650s...none had any sort of warning card.

Maybe the pick and pack missed that.
    Quote Originally Posted by TrueCrimeNY
    Also, for someone that don't believe the hype, you sure knew where to find that quote in my signature. Mabey its not hype after all.

Um..think ye a bit confused...I didn't go and search out your quote...twas another, who then posted the links I commented one.

Literacy is good. Comprehension is better.
    Quote Originally Posted by xenophonite
    We support over 1000 cellphones in our company and have been rolling out Treos for a while for all carriers. Those who upgraded from a 600 to 650 LOVE IT. Every one that I've talked to. They unanimously also prefer the voice quality over the 600. I have not heard complaints from those who switched from another carrier to Sprint, but we tend to support the phones with the end user, not the carrier.

Power users complain about memory but we just hook them up with Zlauncher/SD card and everthing is cool.

BTW, the 'cool factor' is running a Seinfeld episode with subtitles and then tell them that a 1GB card can hold over 10 hours of video. A 20-minute episode only eats 2-3% of juice. Looks fantastic... way way better, faster and smoother than T600.
    Xeno, your favorite Seinfeld episode is....??
    Um..think ye a bit confused...I didn't go and search out your quote...twas another, who then posted the links I commented one.

Literacy is good. Comprehension is better.
    OK buddy, like I said, you knew where to find the info. Whether or not someone else posted it, you knew where it was. You even said to me "beware," which ment you actually read through it. Your funny though.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast