1.    #1  
    Howdy all,

I got my Treo 600 yesterday and it's been great! Except the T-Mobile tower in my area is having trouble, alas.

But anyway, Blazer or Web "optimized" view is abysmal. It doesn't render most pages I throw at it in a single column at all -- lots of horizontal scrolling. Am I missing something??

I have to go through T-Mobile's proxy server if that makes a difference...
  2.    #2  
    So 60 people have looked at this and not one comment?

Is it just my phone or do other people have issues with the way pages are formatted??
    some sites are ok but some aren't.....i wish i just knew how to turn off graphics completely. I hate seeing those icons that tell you there is supposed to be a graphic. sometimes those icons are BIGGER then the graphic itself....
    I find that Blazer does ok. I mean what did you expect on a 160 x 160 screen? Blazer just line wraps and scales images.

I've been using a proxy service, www.skweezer.net, that optimizes and trims pages for mobile use. I find it indispensible and truly a great tool. It significantly reduces bandwith, making pages much quicker.

It will completely strip away the images, including the placeholder boxes, re-format the page, strip Javascript, stylesheets, scale images and send the scaled down version to save bandwidth, etc. Read more about it on their site. It's fantastic!

http://www.greenlightwireless.net/
    Quote Originally Posted by maxintosh
    So 60 people have looked at this and not one comment?

Is it just my phone or do other people have issues with the way pages are formatted??
    I always get a kick out of comments like this. maybe 60 people don't have anything to add.
  6.    #6  
    It was more of a general question... looking for feedback. For me, Blazer more times than not does not keep things within a single column.
    Quote Originally Posted by klam
    I find that Blazer does ok. I mean what did you expect on a 160 x 160 screen? Blazer just line wraps and scales images.

I've been using a proxy service, www.skweezer.net, that optimizes and trims pages for mobile use. I find it indispensible and truly a great tool. It significantly reduces bandwith, making pages much quicker.

It will completely strip away the images, including the placeholder boxes, re-format the page, strip Javascript, stylesheets, scale images and send the scaled down version to save bandwidth, etc. Read more about it on their site. It's fantastic! http://www.greenlightwireless.net/
    SWEEEEEEET. I've never heard of Skweezer but it seems just what the doctor ordered for my T600 surfing needs. This is incredible. Why isn't this service all over the TC forums and listed as a must-have?! I have three specific websites I NEED to get to for my work. All three are graphic, database, and calculation intensive given search parameters. I can actually log in and use these websites now. Haven't been able to for a year since having my Treo. All praise klam for finding this great tool.

EDIT: ok, after a brief and simple search, there is much mention on the topic. Sorry for getting my panties all in a bunch over this but its incredible!
    Quote Originally Posted by BeantownTreo600
    SWEEEEEEET. I've never heard of Skweezer but it seems just what the doctor ordered for my T600 surfing needs. This is incredible. Why isn't this service all over the TC forums and listed as a must-have?! I have three specific websites I NEED to get to for my work. All three are graphic, database, and calculation intensive given search parameters. I can actually log in and use these websites now. Haven't been able to for a year since having my Treo. All praise klam for finding this great tool.

EDIT: ok, after a brief and simple search, there is much mention on the topic. Sorry for getting my panties all in a bunch over this but its incredible!
    I wondered the same thing. I use skweezer and think it's great. I started a thread on it a while back and didn't get much response.
    Quote Originally Posted by dutchtrumpet
    I wondered the same thing. I use skweezer and think it's great. I started a thread on it a while back and didn't get much response.
    Maybe because no one else had anything to add
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
    Quote Originally Posted by scottymomo
    Maybe because no one else had anything to add
    LOL he got you there dutch!
    happens all the time

Was just kidding...the door swung wide open so I did the natural thing and stepped inside
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."