1.    #1  
    I've been using Versamail Active Sync succesfully (Syncs about 70-80% of the time) to get my corporate email and Calendar. Today I installed a couple of the applications off of the Sprint CD that came w/my treo. Here's where the trouble started.

Upon Hot Syncing to Install them, Hotsync somehow added Multiple occurences of calendar events in my Outlook calendar!!! Example: I now show 3 identical entries for the same meeting. It makes viewing my Outllok Calendar and T650 calendar almost useless.

Any idea how to get back to ONE entry in my Outlook Calendar again?

HELP!!
    Have you installed any third party calendar applications like Pocket Mirror or Beyond Contacts or anything like that?
  3.    #3  
    No. I haven't. The issue is more-or-less resolved though.
    I finally gave up and went through my entire calendar and deleted all duplicate meeting requets/Appointments. It was a time consuming process but I couldn't come up with any other way to do this.
    Sprinttreo:
    The versamail user guide states: "any new calendar events on the server for the preceding 7 days are downloaded to the device; any events older than 7 days are removed from the device (although they stay on server).

Does versamail/activesync really purge calendar events older than 7 days?
    Does versamail/activesync really only have next 7 days on Treo?

That's crazy (and basically worthless).

Can you sync email only? user guides suggests you get both or nothing.
    Palm Pre and a nice collection of Treos: 755p, 700, 650, 600, 300 and Palm Pilots, Visors, and Sony Clie
    The functionality is actually part of the exchange server and is meant to have users not have to wait for all emails to come down.

The time thing is only related to the mail from what I can determine, calendar isn't affected (otherwise your repeating events wouldn't show I don't think).
    I thought about the wireless sync and wait time; but that makes no sense except for the first time. The first time instead of deleting your existing appts - it should just take 'inventory' and then just send changes based on that inventory.

How many appts does one make between syncs? not many so the logic of limiting to 7 days make no sense.
    Palm Pre and a nice collection of Treos: 755p, 700, 650, 600, 300 and Palm Pilots, Visors, and Sony Clie
    I thought I was clear .... but it does sound like your complaint is targeted more at Microsoft that palmOne. It is after all an MS protocol....
    By the way, here's a super easy way to delete mutliple Outlook calendar or contact entries after a hotsync dupes a bunch...
    View
    Arrange by
    Current View
    Category

Then make sure that "modified" is one of the fields in the main view. You can add that by right-clicking the heading, Customize Current View, Fields, then add in Modified.
    Then sort by Modified and you'll see all the newly added events or contacts at the top... very easy to delete at that point. They're all bunched together.

Been there, done that.
    Global Posts
    64 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ericner
    By the way, here's a super easy way to delete mutliple Outlook calendar or contact entries after a hotsync dupes a bunch...
    View
    Arrange by
    Current View
    Category

Then make sure that "modified" is one of the fields in the main view. You can add that by right-clicking the heading, Customize Current View, Fields, then add in Modified.
    Then sort by Modified and you'll see all the newly added events or contacts at the top... very easy to delete at that point. They're all bunched together.

Been there, done that.
    I was just about to plop down $30 for the LBE Outlook Toolbox to delete all of my duplicated calendar entries when I came across your post. (undupe wasn't going to work for me since my duped entries weren't exact dupes)

Thanks for saving me $30! Worked like a charm and pruned down my CalendarDB file by 3MB.

thanks!
    John
    No, it doesn't appear to do this...
    You're welcome. A lot of pain went into that post. I'm glad someone benefitted.
    Just recv'd my Verizonized Treo 650 and am having trouble syncing my outlook calender. All the other files sync. I have opened Hotsync Manager and the calender has "Do Nothing". I changed to sync files, hit 'done" and ok. I then try and sync and nothing happens. I go in look in again and it is still set to "do nothing". Guess I'm doing something wrong.

Could someone shed some light for me. I have tried searching the board, but am lost.

Thanks
    nlacov,

You are using an EAS account in VersaMail aren't you?

EAS is a groupware application, hence Calendar events are syncrhonized wirelessly only. The desktop explicitly shuts down the Calendar OL conduit when an EAS account is detected.
    thanks for the reply. I don't even know what EAS is. I am using VersaMail, but have downloaded Snapper to try. So is there any way to get my calender from my desktop to the Treo. Thanks again
    EAS is an account type for email (Exchange ActiveSync) that is new with the 650. Open the VersaMail conduit and check the account types there. Find the EAS account (I hope you have one...) and delete it. Then enable the Calendar conduit again.
    Dang:

Thanks for the info, deleted account, then went to custom det calender to syn from do nothing performed hotsync and Nothing, am I dumb or what. Any other ideas would be appreciated
    It might take 2 syncs to flush all of the remnants out. Problem is VM desktop has to tell the device to lose the account too.. I'd try to sync again.
    Dang:

Thanks all done. I forgot to set calender to sync as the default. So along with your expertise and hours it's all done. Much Thanks