1.    #1  
    My 650 should be here tomorrow. 2 Questions:

a) Is there any mapping software that knows how to use the T650's built in GPS to track / give directions?
    b) What is the best website that supports Blazer for getting driving directions? I use maps.yahoo.com/dd with my pc, but...

Thanks,
    -rick
    a) None of the carrier have yet released the AGPS API's to developers so they can access them. PalmOne has encouraged them to do so, but they have not done so. Hopefully in the future...

Alternatively you should do a search here about various BT GPS bundles that work on the 650. Mapopolis and Tom Tom seem to work well...do a search

b) try Mobile mapquest and maporama:

http://www.mapquest.com/pda/

http://www.maporama.com/avantgo/share/

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by gfunkmagic
    a) None of the carrier have yet released the AGPS API's to developers so they can access them. PalmOne has encouraged them to do so, but they have not done so. Hopefully in the future...

Alternatively you should do a search here about various BT GPS bundles that work on the 650. Mapopolis and Tom Tom seem to work well...do a search

b) try Mobile mapquest and maporama:

http://www.mapquest.com/pda/

http://www.maporama.com/avantgo/share/
    Awesome...thanks. www.mapquest.com/pda is exactly what I wanted. A couple of other quick things:

a) is there a good list of "pda" enabled websites?
    b) that Hurricane you have is a hottie

--rick
    Quote Originally Posted by rick325
    a) is there a good list of "pda" enabled websites?

Checkout:

pdaportal.com

Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    I can't wait for the carrier's to release the AGPS specs. How accurate are they? Once they are released I can't wait for some awesome apps. For example, being able to tie your todo's to GPS coordinates. That way, the next time you walk into Wal-Mart, your phone reminds you that you've been meaning to pick up some carpet cleaner. Or stopping by your friends and your phone reminding you that you need to grab your Matrix DVD that your friend borrowed a year ago. :-D
    Quote Originally Posted by BryanRagon
    I can't wait for the carrier's to release the AGPS specs. How accurate are they? Once they are released I can't wait for some awesome apps. For example, being able to tie your todo's to GPS coordinates. That way, the next time you walk into Wal-Mart, your phone reminds you that you've been meaning to pick up some carpet cleaner. Or stopping by your friends and your phone reminding you that you need to grab your Matrix DVD that your friend borrowed a year ago. :-D

Actually, I would like an option to permanantly turn it off!!! I really don't like the idea of big brother being able to contantly track my every move and location 24/7....

Don't forget to try Directory Assist for driving directions. It's better and faster than actually going to the movile mapquest site because you don't have to log in to input the addresses, and you can automatically fill out the address fields from your contact book or from the built-in residential and business yellow pages. This little program is incredible.
    Actually, I like the idea of the Police/Fire being able to know where I am (if you've ever called in an accident and realized while talking to 911 that you don't have a good idea of where EXACTLY you are, you'll get the drift). What I don't want is constant SMS's as a drive down a street with ads for local businesses. I'm actually happy that they haven't released the APIs.
    Highly Mobile iPhone User

Palm Pilot -> Palm Pilot Pro -> HP 620LX -> Palm VII -> Palm VIIx -> Ipaq 3270 -> Treo 300 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> Treo 700p - iPhone - iPhone 3G
    Is there GPS hardware in this thing or some cell tower triangulation? Or something else?
    Quote Originally Posted by mandroid
    Is there GPS hardware in this thing or some cell tower triangulation? Or something else?

Yes all cdma handset today come integrated with Snaptrack based AGPS technology:

http://www.snaptrack.com/