1.    #1  
    Is anyone else using the app called "Big Clock"? I just installed it and it launches fine, I see the clock, but if I touch the screen or any button, it resets the palm. Ideas?

Eric
    Just another in a growing list of applications that don't work on the 650!

This new platform has some hidden memory management issues that are causing most all applications to show signs of instability. Being a developer I have seen the instabilities first hand! Things that worked on the 600 don't work on the 650. Behavior is very inconsistent!
  3.    #3  
    Jeff,

Thanks. Are there any cool free apps that you would recommend?

Eric
    Global Posts
    201 Global Posts
    doesn't palm ship the unit with a "big clock" like app?
    1st SFG (A)

if at first you don't succeed - RELOAD!
    FWIW, Bigclock crashed the 600 as well. Someone did a third party re-build of it and made a few more things work, but it was never 100%
    you can try the treo 600 hacked version from www.freewarepalm.com
    Quote Originally Posted by kirkeric
    Jeff,

Thanks. Are there any cool free apps that you would recommend?

Eric
    I just developed one called PowerUp that is in my developer forum on TreoCentral. Also if you are looking for a program to really show off your 650, try my ScreenCare program. It is as well behaved as any right now on the 650. I did specifically do a 650 port. The graphics are just stunning on this machine!

I also like and use:

KeyCaps
    disablebuttons
    filez
    fielpc2pda
    snap

Jeff
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffgibson
    I just developed one called PowerUp that is in my developer forum on TreoCentral. Also if you are looking for a program to really show off your 650, try my ScreenCare program. It is as well behaved as any right now on the 650. I did specifically do a 650 port. The graphics are just stunning on this machine!

I also like and use:

KeyCaps
    disablebuttons
    filez
    fielpc2pda
    snap

Jeff
    Jeff,

Never been in there, how do I find this app? I know what KeyCaps does and I have FileZ but not quite sure what I get out of FileZ. What is its primary purpose? And what are the other 3 for? (disablebuttons, fielpc2pda, and snap).

Thanks,

Eric
    Quote Originally Posted by kirkeric
    Jeff,

Never been in there, how do I find this app? I know what KeyCaps does and I have FileZ but not quite sure what I get out of FileZ. What is its primary purpose? And what are the other 3 for? (disablebuttons, fielpc2pda, and snap).

Thanks,

Eric
    Here is the link to my part of TreoCentral: Jeff's Place

You can find PowerUp and my other applications there.

FileZ is a general purpose file management utility. It allows you to copy/move/delete files as you would on your Windows machine with explorer. For example, my application ScreenCare will accept icon files to use as custom screen savers. You can use FileZ to move the JPEG files into the /ScreenCare directory on the SD Card for ScreenCare to then use.

As for the other applications (the links take you to the download):

DisableButtons: Will let you disable the hard buttons on the treo from turning on the 650 when it is tured off. I like it better than keyguard. Caution though. On the 650 do NOT map out the power button (hard button 4).

filepc2pda: Nice application that allows you to transfer files to/from the 650 and your PC. I use it instead of HotSync for installing software. Also is good for loading music and image files.

Snap: Alllows you to capture screen images from your Treo. Nice for developers to take pictures of their application to advertise with.

Hope this helps.....
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffgibson
    Here is the link to my part of TreoCentral: Jeff's Place

You can find PowerUp and my other applications there.

FileZ is a general purpose file management utility. It allows you to copy/move/delete files as you would on your Windows machine with explorer. For example, my application ScreenCare will accept icon files to use as custom screen savers. You can use FileZ to move the JPEG files into the /ScreenCare directory on the SD Card for ScreenCare to then use.

As for the other applications (the links take you to the download):

DisableButtons: Will let you disable the hard buttons on the treo from turning on the 650 when it is tured off. I like it better than keyguard. Caution though. On the 650 do NOT map out the power button (hard button 4).

filepc2pda: Nice application that allows you to transfer files to/from the 650 and your PC. I use it instead of HotSync for installing software. Also is good for loading music and image files.

Snap: Alllows you to capture screen images from your Treo. Nice for developers to take pictures of their application to advertise with.

Hope this helps.....
    Jeff,

Excellent! Got all the apps you mentioned and will check them out.

Eric