Results 1 to 17 of 17
  1.    #1  
    Many may know this all ready but this is a new one for me. I was messing around in my sound preferences unders tones. I accidently hit the new button and was impressed at what I found. The Tre650 allows you to record sounds and then use what was recorded at tones for messaging or phone calls.

    Check it out!!!
  2. #2  
    I'll be the first to admit I didn't know! Looks like you can use it for Calendar alerts too.

    I just went into my favorites and now I'm using "You've got a new Voice message" (which I repeat several times in the recording) for my Voicemail tone!
    Last edited by GeekyMom; 12/14/2004 at 03:33 PM.
    "Everyday is a Gift, A Blessing, An Opportunity!" - GM

    Phone history: Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo Centro, Pixi, Centro again, 800w, Treo 755p, Palm Pre
  3. #3  
    Is there anyway to import (converted) MP3 and use it as tone? I am afraid just recording through mic will degrade the quality.

    BTW, thanks for the tip. I definetely didn't know that either.
  4. ahalvor's Avatar
    Posts
    447 Posts
    Global Posts
    450 Global Posts
    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by KPZerone
    Is there anyway to import (converted) MP3 and use it as tone? I am afraid just recording through mic will degrade the quality.

    BTW, thanks for the tip. I definetely didn't know that either.
    LightWav
  5. #5  
    Thank you sir!

    Quote Originally Posted by ahalvor
    LightWav
  6. #6  
    <p>As far as I know, lightwav is not supported on the 650 and has caused serious problems for one user. I think I remember reading this, it is worth lookin up on the boards real quick.</p>
  7. #7  
    other options for creating ring tones. read The legend of the ring tone is way hardcore.
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
  8. #8  
    I also recorded my own phrase and use it as a voicemail alert. However when I recorded another phrase and specified it as a ringer tone associated with one of my speed-dial buttons (through the Edit Favorite Buttons menu), it wouldn't play when I got a call from that number. Instead it defaulted to playing the general ringer tone. Anyone succesful in getting a recorded sound to play when a specified number calls?
  9. #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by technoaddict
    I also recorded my own phrase and use it as a voicemail alert. However when I recorded another phrase and specified it as a ringer tone associated with one of my speed-dial buttons (through the Edit Favorite Buttons menu), it wouldn't play when I got a call from that number. Instead it defaulted to playing the general ringer tone. Anyone succesful in getting a recorded sound to play when a specified number calls?
    Same here. That would be kinda fun to hear "Don't answer it, it's your _______. - Lol
    "Everyday is a Gift, A Blessing, An Opportunity!" - GM

    Phone history: Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo Centro, Pixi, Centro again, 800w, Treo 755p, Palm Pre
  10. #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by albertb
    <p>As far as I know, lightwav is not supported on the 650 and has caused serious problems for one user. I think I remember reading this, it is worth lookin up on the boards real quick.</p>
    It does not work. I have it. It will not do it.

    You can try mp3Ringer at www.toysoft.ca It is a wav/mp3 ringer. It does event notification such as sms and voicemail. Card ejection prevention feature and more.
  11. #11  
    Check this link out.
    http://kb.palmone.com/SRVS/CGI-BIN/WEBCGI.EXE?New,Kb=PalmSupportKB,ts=Palm_External2001,case=obj(19349)#amr

    I used the Nokia Multimedia Converter 2.0 from this link to convert mp3 into amr. You have to register with Nokia, but once you have the app installed and licensed (it's free and comes via email following registration) it's pretty easy. I have my own website and put the amr files there, browsed with Blazer, selected the amr file and it automatically installed into the phone. My default ringer is "Old man down the Road" by Fogerty. According to the site, you can email the amr to yourself as well. Also, short of loading a program like Ringo, the only way I've found for custom ringers is via Speed Dial setup. Weird how Palm links to the Nokia utility, but it's working great for me.
  12. #12  
    Lightwav works for me. (treo 650). It plays sk8rboi when my girlfriend calls (which was on the radio all the time when we started dating)... when others call, i get "welcome to the jungle"
  13. #13  
    Thanks for the tip about converting my MP3's and WAV's to AMR's using the Nokia Media Converter, I have now ditched MP3Ringer (which didn't work for all of my ringtones anyway). All I need now is a way for SnapperMail to play my "You've got mail" amr when I get mail and I will be set.

    Lightwave and MP3Ringer couldn't do this either so I have made an advance, not gotten all the way to software setup bliss yet, but at least I am making progress...
  14. wahili's Avatar
    Posts
    622 Posts
    Global Posts
    623 Global Posts
    #14  
    how exactly do u assigne a ringer to a specific person. i would expect that to be in the contacts near the picture assignment but i dont see that anywhere.... weird that i dont know this after all this time!
  15. #15  
    So where is the best site to get free ringtones?
    At $1.50 for a few seconds of music from Sprint (et al) the cost of a CD would require a credit check!
  16. #16  
    Actually you can convert to AMR via Nokia multimedia converter or convert it to a wav file and send it via bluetooth and it gets added to the ringtones. If you are using a small MP3 clip and use WAV as mono, 8 bit, 11 KHz, it's pretty small and sounds OK (not quite as good sounding but pretty good).

    Quote Originally Posted by KPZerone
    Is there anyway to import (converted) MP3 and use it as tone? I am afraid just recording through mic will degrade the quality.

    BTW, thanks for the tip. I definetely didn't know that either.
    Main Phone: Treo 270/600/650/700w/700p/750v/Motorola Q/iPhone
    Tried but sold: Motorola Q/Nokia E61/700wx/HTC TyTN/Treo 680
  17. Fofer's Avatar
    Posts
    576 Posts
    Global Posts
    582 Global Posts
    #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by wahili
    how exactly do u assigne a ringer to a specific person. i would expect that to be in the contacts near the picture assignment but i dont see that anywhere.... weird that i dont know this after all this time!
    It's under SpeedDial actually. You can assign ringers to any of your 70+ speed-dial folks. However, there is a bug in that any customized AMR ringtones don't work... it just ends up defaulting instead to whatever you have set as the ringer for your "Known Callers" in the Sound & Alert pref.

    Which is a real bummer, since even the technotes say you could have each caller assigned to a distinctive recorder ringer:
    "Attention Bob, Linda is calling."

    Sadly this feature just doesn't work as advertised. Does anyone know of an official avenue to report this as a bug?

Posting Permissions