Global Posts
    475 Global Posts
    About a month and a half ago, my 600 was doing the dropped calls/vision problem and it was about a month out of warranty. The Sprint store replaced it with a refurb with no probs.

So now I got the dreaded orange blob of dots. Does the 600 refurb have a warranty period? Does anyone know what it is?
    i think it shows the warranty date if you dial ##786.
    BUt what does that "Warranty Date" tell you? Is that the date it expires or begins?
    Semper Fi
    If you want a free IPod click Free IPod

I believe the warranty for refurbished is for 3 months from when it was activated.
    Quote Originally Posted by fdrebben
    I believe the warranty for refurbished is for 3 months from when it was activated.
    This is what I thought as well, however it doesn't work that way. Your warranty is for 12 months ... from your original Treo 600 purchase.

Now, after that time period, I would suggest lock/line to be safe, although they say the refurb's are good for 90 days.
    << My command as we escape Palm HQ with a new Pre 3>>.

Treo 300 >> Treo 600 >> Treo 650 >> Treo 755 >> Instinct >> Pre- >> TouchPad
    Global Posts
    475 Global Posts
    why do you say it doesnt work that way, then say that "they say the refurbs are good for 90 days" ?????
    Quote Originally Posted by njchris
    why do you say it doesnt work that way, then say that "they say the refurbs are good for 90 days" ?????
    They can't sell you a phone with a one year warranty, have it fail in the first six months, and then give you a phone with a 3 month warranty. Keep good records and stand your ground. My Treo 300 died within 4 days of the expiration of the warranty. It was my 4th replacement (not counting the original) and I replaced several of them after the 3 mo. refurb warranty expired. I was told that the original purchase date applied.

Go to the Sprint Store and ask them -- or call *2. Hope that helps.
    << My command as we escape Palm HQ with a new Pre 3>>.

Treo 300 >> Treo 600 >> Treo 650 >> Treo 755 >> Instinct >> Pre- >> TouchPad
    Sprint store reps seem to initially say whatever is to "their" advantage.
    I've had them try to tell me that a refurb only has a 3 month warranty
    even though the original 1 year warranty was not up. I've replaced my
    device after 1 year via lockline, and then replaced a first defective
    lockine unit after about 3 months and then again after another 3 months.
    Someone on one of these boards said lockline units have 6 month
    warranties.

The wierd thing is, my most recent refurb replacement (done on 10/20/04)
    has a warranty date (via ##786) of 10/20/03. I thought I'd have a 3 month
    warranty, but if the warranty date is 1 year after whatever ##786 says,
    then maybe sprint is saying that my most recent refurb unit has no
    warranty. If somone knows for sure that it is the longer of original purchase
    or refurb + 3 months, please let us know.

--
    Bob
    I'm both super! ... and a doer!
    If a VZW phone stops working, they will replace it -- period. If they no longer carry the phone being replaced, they will offer a substitution. That is how many Kyocera 7135 users are still getting free Treo 600s after having their 7135s for 18+ months.

Maybe telling Sprint about their competitor's practice will help your case.
    I was told at my Sprint store that it's either one year from original purchase or 6 months for the refurb. My 300, originally bought in Oct 2003, had the cracked hinge problem in July 2004, and was replaced with a refurb 300 on which the hinge cracked 2 weeks ago. They replaced it with a refurb 600 and said that a new 6-month warranty applied. I did finally smarten up and buy the insurance...
    Its usually between 6 months to 1yr for any sprint phone, even refurbished. I'm having my refurbished replaced after 11 months of use and degrading photo quality and other complaints. You can bring it to the shop to have it test for that if its the case or complain about the "random dropped calls" issue, which should be a known issue by now and will rarely be caught through their test. If you complain enough, they will replace it no doubt. Keep bugging their big bosses if you have to and call in to complain abou tthe store if they don't service your phone for warranty coverage. And don't give up!
    Here is the official document from Palmone

http://kb.palmone.com/SRVS/CGI-BIN/W...,CASE=obj(252)

searching for reconditioned warranty text shows this..

"EXCLUSIVE REMEDIES Should a covered defect occur during the warranty period and you notify palmOne, your sole and exclusive remedy shall be, at palmOne's sole option and expense, to repair or replace the product or software. If palmOne cannot reasonably repair nor replace then palmOne may, in its sole discretion, refund the purchase price paid for the product. Replacement products or parts may be new or reconditioned or comparable versions of the defective item. palmOne warrants any replaced or repaired product, part, or software for a period of ninety (90) days from shipment, or through the end of the original warranty, whichever is longer."

So I guess it is going to be valid atleast till the end of original warranty period.

-chiru
    I would stop wasting time on here wondering what if, and goto the Sprint store and get another refurbished model. If one store doesn't give you another refurb. Goto another store. And another. Hopefully one of them will give you another phone.

I'm on my 3rd refurb and am now selling the newest refurb on ebay because I got fed up with Sprint not giving me a brand new Treo 600 even after arguing with 3 Sprint Stores and *2 CS folks. I was well within warranty and they still gave me refurb models that kept having screen problems. After they ordered my 3rd refurb, I walked out, went to Simply Wireless that evening and got a Blackberry 7510 for $30 and ported my phone number over to Nextel. I then purchased another one for my wife and the next day I began the process of moving all of my firm's phones over to another cellular company. I complained to Sprint CS and supervisors for a week and finally got tired. All I wanted was a new phone. Now I'm taking my firm's 35 accounts to another company just like I threatened them I would do. Oh well. That's Sprint for you. Ok....off rant

Dizzy