1.    #1  
    Just had to do this. Too many negative comments might turn off someone who would really benefit from having a 650....like me!
    I have been lurking here for about a month. Never had a treo before but have used Palm devices. Needed a phone and PDA together and tried the Kyocera which was piece of garbage. Crashed twice first day with hard reset needed once and frozen the 2nd time. So, I started reading about the Treo. Was waiting anxiously for it to arrive and got mine at the local Sprint store. I knew more about the device than the salesperson...but that was ok. At least I knew what I was getting into.

I love it!!
    The screen is crisp.
    With a TON of apps loaded on my 1 gig SD card I have over 6 megs left on the phone.
    The keyboard is as fast as Graffiti and I am sure I will get faster.
    It feels good in my hands.
    I have no problem figuring out things intuitively...remember, I never had a 600.
    Everything works just fine and the few apps that caused a soft reset have since been deleted. For those who complain about this, I remember lots of things not working when Windows XP came out.
    The camera....well not that good, but I didn't buy a camera, I bought a smartphone.

So basically I am very happy with my 650 and my Sprint service so far is better than my Verizon service here in Connecticut.
    I am not a power user, but use my phone daily as a PDA and it works fine thank you. I am sorry everyone is not happy with theirs, but some of them should just buy a laptop or stop short selling.
    My $0.02
    Last edited by pwat; 12/14/2004 at 12:28 PM.
    I feel good too! :-)

And I really like the Treo 650!
    Main Phone: Treo 270/600/650/700w/700p/750v/Motorola Q/iPhone
    Tried but sold: Motorola Q/Nokia E61/700wx/HTC TyTN/Treo 680
    I originally had a treo 600 on gsm but sent it back. Too many crashes and it died after only a few weeks. I bought a treo 650 to play with on sprint although my provider is verizon. Frankly, I am thinking of paying the ETF on Verizon and sticking with the 650.

I use the basic functionality - I am not a "power user". I have about 2000 contacts in my database and have added only a few programs. I currently have 11 meg free. I love voicesignal although they have to make it work with a bluetooth headset before I will buy it.

The 650 is very refined from the 600. The user experience is much better - primarily because of the hard send/end buttons. I am also a fan of the thumb board - much better than the one on the 650. I actually use it now. I was always wanting a treo without a keyboard but I think the 650 has changed my mind.

For the average user the 650 will work great. I think they should have included more memory but what can you do. Battery life is much better as well....

Eric
    Yes, at day 3 on my Treo 650, I was seriously considering sending it back. Now, at day 14, I am in love with it. I will learn to live with its short comings.
    I love my T650 also...the screen, memory, and SPEED is excellent.. The camera is the difference between using a sketchpad and a high end panavision rig... very much better!

No more SD card popping out issues ...it stays in the slot ... and the replaceable battery comes in handy.

To 'ethune' comment on usability... all of the embedded app have much better usababillity feature's and functions...the ability to send multiple pictures via email is excellent!...The ability of the email/pic function to remember the last 10 places you sent a picture to so you don't have to relook them up in the contact directory is very nice and efficient.

Bluetooth in the car is a great asset as well as being able to sync without a cable!

Overall I rate the 650 an 8 on usability..and would rate the 600 (which i still love dearly) a 4 ...that's a two fold increase overall in efficiency of use.
  6.    #6  
    I am so glad that I am alone. No, I don't work for Palm and yes they have screwed up, but in general terms the 650 is a winner. Happy holidays to all happy 650 users.
    this thread made me feel good,too...then I realised...I still got the 6hundy..for now!
    Amen!

Keep the Treo 650 alive! Yes it has it's pros and cons, but all in all, I do not think I could EVER go back to ANY other phone again. I LOVE my Treo 650.
    Global Posts
    450 Global Posts
    I have had the 650 for a week and while I get resets and memory issues, it has been awesome. The screen is unbelievable, and now armed with a 1 gig card I am unstoppable.

Andy
    A big thumbs up from me too. I'm a PPC convert and the 650 just plain rocks. I'd like it to reset less, and I dont like waiting for apps to load off my SD card, but having a phone PDA combo with a usuable keyboard is just freakin awesome!

Mike
    Just got my Treo 650 a couple of days ago. Yes, there are things that could have been done differently/better, but you can say that about everything. So far, it is everything that I had come to expect and more.

There is no going back for me and I love my Treo 650.
    Global Posts
    1,936 Global Posts
    I'm glad you all are happy with your 650's.
    is it Love Actually....? Great thread idea....
    i love everybody. group hug.
    I'm heading into my third week with the Treo 650, and I have no regrets at all about the purchase. I haven't had random crashes or resets except when experimenting with some third-party apps, and I chalk that up to the pre-650 developers, not to the 650 itself. Otherwise, I use it for work and for play, show it off whenever I get the chance, and am convinced that at the moment, it's the best PDA-phone combo out there. If the Blackberry app ever makes it to the PalmOS, there'll be no stopping the Treo.

Of course, I better start saving now for the Treo 700... and the Treo 800...
    I debated hard about sending the 650 back but after three weeks I love it. My wife has my old 600 I can't even look at that thing anymore, and the treo 600 is tough to look at too. I am still waiting for a memory fix if and when that is coming or is possible. Other than the memory problem it is perfect.
    I think the best measure of "feel good" is the quieting of these boards . . . with our 650s in our hands we are getting back to our productive lives, not obsessing over the release date.

I am still anticipating new apps though. BTW if u can't tell, I too love my 650.
    If you don't mind, I want to do the same but for my old beat up Pinto:
    I love my Pinto! It's got 4 wheels, and it takes me from place A to place B! It's awesome. Sometimes the engine shuts off in the middle of the highway but no big deal, I just turn it back on and off I go! I love the doors that open and close too! Thanks Ford!

/sarcasm

Sorry, just trying to make a point. The fact that the 650 fits your standards doesn't mean it fits everyone else's and everything is fine and PalmOne shouldn't have done a better job.
    Just wanted to get that out of my chest. Please carry on with the "feelgood thread".
    Speaking of new apps, they just updated SplashPhoto (one of my favorites). You can now completely navigate it with the 5 way.

I feel even better now!

Quote Originally Posted by craigdts
    I think the best measure of "feel good" is the quieting of these boards . . . with our 650s in our hands we are getting back to our productive lives, not obsessing over the release date.

I am still anticipating new apps though. BTW if u can't tell, I too love my 650.
    Main Phone: Treo 270/600/650/700w/700p/750v/Motorola Q/iPhone
    Tried but sold: Motorola Q/Nokia E61/700wx/HTC TyTN/Treo 680