Global Posts
    42 Global Posts
    I used the classic old telephone ring on my previous smartphones. Using LightWav and PocketTunes, I have the same file in my t6, but it does not work the same. The ring is shorter, faster and repeated. Sounds a bit like a British phone. Any toughts on why this is and suggestions on how I could get the ring back to "normal"? Thanks.
    What kind of file is it? Post it and I'll give it a try with LightWav and CallFilter.
    I used the same one with Lightwave and when I switched to Call Filter everytime the phone rang it would reset with that ringer. I was bummed!
    If anyone can get it to work, I'd love to use it again.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by millerhifi; 12/14/2004 at 05:08 PM.
    T750 w/Cingular
    Black Jawbone
    Hmm, I don't have callfilter, but you do know that you can convert this to wav file, send it to your 650 via bluetooth and it will be installed with your ringtones and you can use it with callfilter or lightwav. It's only 52k so it's not bad. Might not solve your problem but it's a good workaround. Enjoy!

Quote Originally Posted by millerhifi
    I used the same one with Lightwave and when I switched to Call Filter everytime the phone rang it would reset with that ringer. I was bummed!
    If anyone can get it to work, I'd love to use it again.
    Main Phone: Treo 270/600/650/700w/700p/750v/Motorola Q/iPhone
    Tried but sold: Motorola Q/Nokia E61/700wx/HTC TyTN/Treo 680
    I converted the MP3 file to a wave file and it does work with Call Filter but funny thing is that twice now in the last 2 days that ringer got stuck in an endless loop!
    It was pretty funny, someone called me and the ringer worked fine, I answered the call and the ringer kept going and going and going...
    I ended the call and said I'd call them right back and I couldn't stop the ringer from sounding. I had to soft reset to get out of it.
    T750 w/Cingular
    Black Jawbone
    What I want to know is how to get the bird chirp ring from my 600 onto my 650. The one on the 650 is different, too quiet and too short. I would like it for one of the lesser alerts but not for the main ring. I really like the one from the 600.
    Code:
    Brian K. White  --  brian@aljex.com  --  http://www.aljex.com/bkw/
    +++++[>+++[>+++++>+++++++<<-]<-]>>+.>.+++++.+++++++.-.[>+<---]>++.
    filePro BBx  Linux SCO  Prosper/FACTS AutoCAD  #callahans Satriani
    You can try these for the Treo 650 and add them as a ringer without any additional software...All the ringer programs I have ever tried are buggy, inconsistent and not worth all the effort.

I have 95% of what I want with just using the amr ringers and a more stable machine as well. If SnapperMail would just use ringers for notification tones I would be 100%...
    Here are the tones (2x old phone, 1x chirp) from the Treo 600 in Midi format.

Hope it helps