1.    #1  
    My original HS phone has begun having the No Service/Network Search bug. Once the battery gets below about 70% I can't make or receive calls even though the indicator shows signal.

I have hard reset the phone and still have the problem

Now, here's the real problem. I researched the issue here and found the articles and my phone does fall in the range of ESNs that has this problem. I followed all of the steps listed on PalmOne Solution ID 29609

When I called Sprint Tech Support and got sent over to the "Treo Support Group" the guy had never heard of this problem or any range of ESNs with a defect. They have no information about this and no indication of any prior reported problems (He was looking...I was on the phone with him for an hour).

So, I was told to bring it to a Sprint store where I'm sure they'll declare it defective and make me use the LockLine Insurance for a new phone...meaning it will cost me $50 + $10 to get a new phone.

From what I understand this is a known defect and should be covered under the standard warranty (refurb without the $60 charge). Can anyone give me a Sprint or PalmOne cite to tell this guy about that specifically speaks to the warranty and the ESN range? An message on TreoCentral is not acceptable to the Sprint folks.

Thanks,
    Ken
  2.    #2  
    Solved the issue...Called Sprint 2 more times...finally got put on hold while they checked with level 2 tech support. Thirty minutes later they told me my account had been noted and I could go to the store to get a new 600. I went to the store, waited 30 minutes and got a refurb (they wouldn't give me a new one). Whatever, hopefully it'll work.