Page 1 of 7 123456 ... LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Just off the top of my head...please add REASONABLE fixes so that we can communicate more effectively as a group with palmOne.

1. NVFS memory issue

2. Phone
    a. sluggish compared to rest of Treo 650
    b. sometimes very long delay in speed dial
    c. day of week should be displayed on time/date bar

3. Buttons
    a. allow assigned hard buttons to recognize apps on SD card
    b. allow the "home" (and side button press/hold) button to "wake-up" the Treo

4. BT improvements
    a. upgrade to BT 1.2
    b. higher volume
    c. allow music through BT headphones
    d. improve headset implementation (speed, reliability)
    e. allow compatibility with Voice Dial (apparently ready from their end); better yet, include Voice Dial for free, as most decent phones include voice dialing these days
    f. No sound when re-dialing
    5. Official WiFi driver

6. Official DUN patch (no disrespect to shadowmite's work but we need more stability)

7. Features that should have been standard (and not requiring 3rd party software)
    a. ability to power radio off/on on schedule
    b. better use of side up/down buttons and side button (as allowed by Butler)
    c. continuous alert options for voicemail/SMS (again, ala Butler)
    d. power off radio after a certain amount of unsuccessful searching for signal (like TreoHelper)
    e. keyboard light toggle (thanks, silverado)
    f. soft reset without having to open the back cover
    g. ability to more simply run programs off the SD card (allow ability to see ALL apps in one view)
    h. add voice memo and note pad (into one app perhaps, ala Kyocera 7135?)

8. Stabilize HotSync (too many crashes!)

9. Versamail improvements
    a. get autosync to actually work
    b. better handling of attachments cache (allow clearing, delete attachments when corresponding message deleted, etc.)
    c. send/receive for all accounts

10. Miscellaneous
    a. bug with birthday/calendar/contacts: when a birthday is deleted in the calendar the corresponding contact is deleted from the contacts list
    b. ability to disable alerts (some of find the asterisk annoying, especially for things like missed calls)
    Last edited by acousticbiker; 12/19/2004 at 10:44 AM.
    I prefer unreasonable fixes

I don't think you can upgrade BT to v1.2 via software only - it requires new hardware, does it not?
    Fix the $(!%!!! Hotsync crashes.

Bluetooth 1.2 could be done. The maker of the BT radio has released a patch, but Palm would need to patch things on their side and create an updater for us to make it happen.
    BT 1.2 is not possible.

They would need to replace the chipset.

If anyone can post info to the contrary go for it.
    Global Posts
    277 Global Posts
    To be included under #7.

Software to intiate soft-reset (removing back cover is ridiculous)
    {BTW For future treos, a better place for the reset hole would be in the empty space created when the stylus is removed. Right now there is a screw there. It would be a perfect spot for a reset button. Take a look.}

software to move apps to SD card and allow luanch from apps screen [i.e. home button] when "all" is selected. (something like powerRUN)

... and, yes, fix the hotsync problem!
    Quote Originally Posted by mikec
    BT 1.2 is not possible.

When I asked the question here:
    http://discuss.treocentral.com/showthread.php?t=65197

Inichols responded saying:

Quote Originally Posted by Inichols
    Yes the BT radio (Broadcom 2035) will support BT 1.2 as of a November 4 software update released by Broadcom. However PalmOne would have to update the BT SW on the Treo too, and as of right now, PalmOne's website states that they do not plan to do this.
    If that's true, then it is possible, although who knows if they will do it.

-Brian
    Quote Originally Posted by meir602
    To be included under #7.

{BTW For future treos, a better place for the reset hole would be in the empty space created when the stylus is removed. Right now there is a screw there. It would be a perfect spot for a reset button. Take a look.}

software to move apps to SD card and allow luanch from apps screen [i.e. home button] when "all" is selected. (something like powerRUN)

... and, yes, fix the hotsync problem!
    What you need is TreoOffOn. It's great. Will give you a soft reset and more.

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...ad.php?t=54062

Scroll towards the end to get the most recent update.
    LOL
    Quote Originally Posted by mikec
    BT 1.2 is not possible.

http://www.broadcom.com/products/pro...uct_id=BCM2035

Now that shadowmite has the loader, I wonder if someone can get a hold of the 1.2 update?
    Quote Originally Posted by noob
    Now that shadowmite has the loader, I wonder if someone can get a hold of the 1.2 update?
    It has to be specifically modified for the Treo 650. And would expect that would require the source code, something our friend shadowmite does not have. Yet.
    "'Form follows function' that has been misunderstood. Form and function should be one, joined in a spiritual union."
    Frank Lloyd Wright
    Global Posts
    745 Global Posts
    PalmOne is in a position of leadership still. It should bundle GOOD software with the 650. Most Palm software companies would be better off making a deal with PalmOne than trying to sell their products at retail. It wold be nice to bundle it with the best utilities. Do it before Apple comes up with its announced iMusic Motorola phone...with the Apple quality it could be the 650's biggest enemy.
    Quote Originally Posted by meir602
    To be included under #7.

Just FYI, I do this easily with Hi-Launcher.

Regards,
    --Mathew
    I'd like to see improvents in bluetooth support for phone features. For example, in Mac OS X, a window pops up when a SMS message or a call comes in on other bluetooth phones.

Versamail also needs huge improvements in stability.
    A fix for the number to be highlited in call log, instead of the cancel button...

Those idiods at P1....what the hell where they thinking
    Also need a fix for the BIRTHDAY Contact-Calendar BUG (if Birthday notification is deleted in Calendar, it deletes the associated Contact record).
    I think it's reasonable to add a VersaMail patch that actually goes and gets the mail when you schedule it. It seems to only want to do it when it feels like it and thus far I don't think anyone has come up with a fix.
    Quote Originally Posted by bmacfarland
    I think it's reasonable to add a VersaMail patch that actually goes and gets the mail when you schedule it. It seems to only want to do it when it feels like it and thus far I don't think anyone has come up with a fix.
    In the same fix... A send and recieve for ALL accounts...
    One thing I didn't see above is for P1 to fix the volume issue on Bluetooth headsets. As previously posted, when a call is placed you can tap the mute button off then on again and the volume comes up to an acceptable level. If you use any of the keypad functions during the call, however, it goes back to an unacceptable level and will not return again.
    KitMoni
    Here are some additions:

BTmute: In beta but hopefully solves the mute issue. Need feedback.

PowerUp: Ensures your phone is powered up after a reset. Configuratble notification before a power up of the phone. Also launching ability for favorite app after reset and after power on. (http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...ad.php?t=66029)

ScreenCare: Many functions. For the phone, it will blank out the screen while on a call and leave the volume buttons active. (http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...t=65018&page=1)

CradleCare: Automation of your 650. HotSync'ing and phone forwarding profile application. Automatically detects computer connection. Also detects SD Card removal and controls screen settings. (http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...ad.php?t=60916)
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by jeffgibson; 12/19/2004 at 12:37 PM.
    I would like to add my pet peeve: The old "buttons" control panel where we could assign any app we wanted to all the 4 buttons, not just 2 of them.
    I might have missed this in going through the list...but how about the fact that our "high-tech" noise canceling mic cancels the noise your voice makes when you talk, preventing it from gettting to the person you are talking to. I can't even attempt to hold a conversation with someone if there is any kind of background noise. In all the years I've had Sprint, I've never heard so many:

"I'll call you back we must have a bad connection"
    "are you on a headset?"
    "I think my phone is messing up"

Nope, none of the above, it's just that my $600 phone has a piece of crap mic.
Page 1 of 7 123456 ... LastLast