Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567
    Got rid of the monkey... LOL... that should help some eh?
    I thought you were just listing letters to PalmOne on your site?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiffany
    I thought you were just listing letters to PalmOne on your dumbass site?
    Whats the matter Tiff... mincing yer words?
    Treo 680 Graphite, Unlocked GSM (FW: MW01.50 | SW: TREO680-1.04-ROW | HW: A)
    1. Many people use Outlook with subfolders - Palm needs to be able to HotSync without expensive 3rd party software overlays. Same goes for a built in Microsoft document viewer.

2. Who uses the 650 withot hotsynching? Please include a Palm Cardle!

3. Allow users to "customize" all (even the first 4) Speed Dial softkeys.
    Is anyone experiencing hotsync issues, whereby the contacts field doesn't get updated on the phone when hotsynced? All the other fields appear to be updated on hotsync but that. I have tried setting up 'desktop overwrites handheld' and it does no good.
    Do something about DUPLICATE CONTACTS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Two comments, one hardware, one software.
    Provide some sort of latch to secure the SD card. Mine pops out too easily and I have lost two this way.
    Provide an option to retain the current time on the screen while you're on a phone call. How hard would this be? There is tons of free space on the in call screen and it's pretty useful to know what time it is while you're on the phone.

Also, wanted to reiterate another comment posted below that it is pretty annoying that you can't associate recorded ringtones with the favorites buttons? I can see no reason for this whatsoever. It makes no sense. On that note, is there anyway to get around this, for example by transfering recorded ringtones to the computer and modifying them or something like that? Any help would be much appreciated.
    First of all, for the most part, great job P1 -- the Treo650 is a vast improvement over my last phone, the Kyocera 7135.

The hardware platform, with the exception of the measly 32MB RAM, is excellent.

The O/S and phone implementation leaves a bit more to be desired however.

Things I'd like to see fixed:

SOFTWARE DEFECTS:
    1) When I set the System Volume to "off", it doesn't stay off. Various apps that use the sound will turn it back on. When I go back to prefs, it shows it as still being off. Once I turn it on and off again, the sound goes away. I consider this to be a defect.

2) Blazer crashes. Blazer crashes more than windows 3.1 did. Please fix it.

USEABILITY:

1) MP3 ringtones. Even my chumpy Kyocera 7135 had excellent sounding MP3 ringtones. I tried converting the same MP3's to AMR, and they sound HORRIBLE. Really, please implement this. Even if we have to convert to something else, just make it better than the crappy 12kbps AMR bitrate.

2) Fix the assignable ringtone problem -- you know the one. The one where I can't assign an AMR ringtone to a contact - only a midi ringtone.

3) Fix all the stupid things that add many button-presses to simple operations like saving a contact, or dialing from the call log. Just do some daily operations yourselves and start counting the button presses.

4) Remappable keys.

5) Changeable lock/unlock key combos. I find the current key combo to be a huge battery waster. Those buttons will forever get hit in my pocket and turn the screen on and off again. Why not offer a two-buttons-simultaneously combo?

6) Screen lock options during answer/hangup. I can't tell you how many calls I've missed because somehow I've answered/ignored the call as I was pulling my phone out of my pocket. I SHOULD NOT HAVE TO BUY A HACK TO FIX THIS.

7) Learn from the hacks out there. Let's face it P1, you don't want your phone's quality to be at the mercy of a bunch of shareware writers who are simply fulfilling a demand for a fully-working phone. Go out and find those shareware writers, pay 'em off, and implement their features!

8) Can anyone say High Resolution??? Why oh why, are the palm apps written to only support "crayon-resolution" when I have a 320x320 display? To see the stock address book use two lines per address because it doesn't use a hi-res font is positively sickening. Imagine buying a 1600x1200 LCD monitor for $800 and only being able to use it in 800x600 mode.

9) Fix that stupid little 2-pixel border at the edge of the screen. Everything I run has a 2-pixel wide border around the whole app. This is incredibly annoying. I paid for a 320x320 pixel display, not a 316x316 pixel display!

Again, kudos on the hardware platform. Just fix the O/S or give us the source code so we can fix it ourselves. Or better yet, ditch the Palm O/S entirely since it apparantly hasn't evolved much at all since my PalmV days.

A linux-based Treo650 anyone? You know you want it!

-Clint
    Saw part of this posted below but thought I'd bring it up. 2 things. one allow users to determine which phone numbers are displayed. The Treo is smart enough not to display fax numbers, why can't they allow us to determine what types of phone numbers to display or at least limit it to a predetermined amount (I have upwards of 5 phone numbers for some people and never use some of them).
    Two, to make the number of numbers displayed more sensible, allow users to determine what order numbers are displayed. For example, you could set your preferences to display Mobile (1), Work (2), Home (3) and Home2 (4) and then set your treo to display only 2 numbers per contact.

ON an unrelated note, I am really peeved about the inability to assign recorded ringtones to favorites. As far as I see it, that's the whole point of recording the ringtones in the first place.
    Quote Originally Posted by bmeskin
    Do something about DUPLICATE CONTACTS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Yea seriously. Just happened when I hs'd today.
    Global Posts
    939 Global Posts
    "PalmOne is in a position of leadership still. It should bundle GOOD software with the 650. Most Palm software companies would be better off making a deal with PalmOne than trying to sell their products at retail. It wold be nice to bundle it with the best utilities."

This is an excellent idea - one that palmone should seriously consider implementing.
    in all seriousness, this would truly be a fantastic improvement to palmone's product line!
    I gotta have more cowbell
    Quote Originally Posted by Colin Guinn
    I might have missed this in going through the list...but how about the fact that our "high-tech" noise canceling mic cancels the noise your voice makes when you talk, preventing it from gettting to the person you are talking to. I can't even attempt to hold a conversation with someone if there is any kind of background noise. In all the years I've had Sprint, I've never heard so many:

"I'll call you back we must have a bad connection"
    "are you on a headset?"
    "I think my phone is messing up"

Nope, none of the above, it's just that my $600 phone has a piece of crap mic.
    I have the exact same problem, it seems that my mic (on sprint) is so sensitive, that when the listener's phone is at max volume (isn't everybody's) that our signal (really strong???) drives their speakers into clipping. Therefore it sounds to them as if we're talking into the back of an oatmeal box. If you ask them to turn their phone down, even just one notch, it does the trick.

This is still no excuse, a $600 phone should allow us to control our mic volume, but I haven't figured out if we can do that yet.
    Global Posts
    353 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DeuceMan
    I have the exact same problem, it seems that my mic (on sprint) is so sensitive, that when the listener's phone is at max volume (isn't everybody's) that our signal (really strong???) drives their speakers into clipping. Therefore it sounds to them as if we're talking into the back of an oatmeal box. If you ask them to turn their phone down, even just one notch, it does the trick.

This is still no excuse, a $600 phone should allow us to control our mic volume, but I haven't figured out if we can do that yet.
    Duece... Volume Care would let you do that I believe... It's a nice little program that controls all your systems volume. Check under the Developers section I believe under Jeff Gibson... check it out..
    Quote Originally Posted by KAOSWLF
    Duece... Volume Care would let you do that I believe... It's a nice little program that controls all your systems volume. Check under the Developers section I believe under Jeff Gibson... check it out..
    Yes VolumeCare gives you control over the MIC volume sensitivity dynamically during a call. I have mapped the Option+5-wayUP/DOWN keys to the adjustment of MIC volume levels.

VolumeCare

Jeff
    Global Posts
    734 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mgauss
    PalmOne is in a position of leadership still. It should bundle GOOD software with the 650. Most Palm software companies would be better off making a deal with PalmOne than trying to sell their products at retail. It wold be nice to bundle it with the best utilities. Do it before Apple comes up with its announced iMusic Motorola phone...with the Apple quality it could be the 650's biggest enemy.

the 700p is the 650's worst enemy.
    I've seen things you people wouldn't believe...

Roi Batty

palm IIIe(clear plastic)/m130/Tungsten E/Sprint Treo 650/Treo 755p
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567