Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Global Posts
    36 Global Posts
    Another bug: Top half of the volume slider in RealPlayer does nothing. All volume control is in bottom half of slider (i.e., turn the volume past halfway up and it doesn't get any louder). This wasn't a problem with PocketTunes.
    Bluetooth. Bluetooth. BLUETOOTH!!!
    1.I want my volume to be the way it is when I toogle mute, but I want that ALL THE TIME! NO TOOGLING!
    2. Voicetags. Why the hell do they even mention damn voice tags if NO HEADSET ON EARTH will support it on this phone? Really stupid and disappointing.
    Go here if you're tired of being .
    It'll be fun.
  3. Rob
    Global Posts
    533 Global Posts
    Another stupid Bluetooth BUG: You can't initiate and answer a call by pressing the button on your bluetooth headset!!!

Oh, and seven version of the operating system and you still have a clipboard size limit smaller than your memo size limit?!?!?!?!?!
    I think it would be nice if there was a software update that would allow the user to manually adjust the lighting on the camera so the pictures wouldn't come out so dark. it's hard to get a good picture in normal indoor lighting. I don't think that's an unreasonable request.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob
    Another stupid Bluetooth BUG: You can't initiate and answer a call by pressing the button on your bluetooth headset!!!

Oh, and seven version of the operating system and you still have a clipboard size limit smaller than your memo size limit?!?!?!?!?!
    I'm using the Scala-500 and it works to initiate, answer and end calls from the headset. I also have a Plantronics BT200 and it only functions as a headset...it will not initiate, answer or end calls.
    Leonard R. Knight, Jr.
    lrknight@dbrsystems.com

http://www.dbrsystems.com
    Experts in Industrial Automation
    and System Integration
    This is a problem on the Treo 600 but probably is exactly the same on the 650.

If I want to dial a calling card number, then wait for the dial tone, and call one of my contacts, there is no way to do it on the Treo. I use a cheap 2c/min number for calling people overseas (rather than getting charged $1/min by T-mobile).

On the treo I have to do the following:
    1) Look up the phone number of the contact and write it down on a piece of paper
    2) Press the quick-dial button for my calling card number
    3) Wait for a dial tone
    4) Type in the phone number I wrote down on the piece of paper

It would be so much better if either:
    1) the phone app allowed you to dial the digits from one of you contacts even when a call is in progress (allows you to start a call to the calling card number, then find contact and dial the phone number of the contact)
    2) the phone app allowed you to set some kind of preference to always automatically call the calling card number before calling any contact (useful if you are travelling overseas and you have bought a cheap local calling card)
    Quote Originally Posted by gkouri
    3) when two calls are active with call waiting, no ability to hang up on one call only - no one stays on 2 calls indefinitely!
    I talked to Peter Skillman at the treo roadshow about this one. At first he claimed the it was a problem with the carriers. But then I told him that this couldn't be true because people had found a work around in this thread.

Hopefully the message will get through that the problem is a deficiency in the Treo Phone app, not the carriers.
    Allow ALL hard buttons to be programmable.

Put back the extra button on the top pf the phone that was on the Treo 600!

Stop this damn phone from resetting every few hours.

Provide the option to have the 4-way menu on the dial pad (like the treo 600). that only required 1 button push. Now to find the same app in favorites, i have to select it then push the central button. Stupid really.

Provide the option to see the FULL CALL LOG when pushing the green button (not just last numbers dialled) - like the TREO 600

Increase internal speaker volume

Increase speakerphone volume - its absolutely unuseable

UPGRADE THE MEMORY! But in the meantime elease a patch to fix this issue.

and finally....

...before releasing a phone, get some people to ACTUALLY USE THEM! They would have seen all these bugs if they had done so.
    How about a search Contacts Only? I had my voluminous Tungsten W database all cross referenced, and now my string searches take FOREVER, as it seems to query every single app on the 650.
    Addition to 3.b.
    Or use the center button (like on the Tungsten T - if you pressed and held it for a second it would turn the unit on and bring up the Home screen).

Another one:
    In the Address Book, is there any way to just show one phone number per person? Right now it shows every number (home, mobile, etc).
    A good idea for this topic might be to compile all the requests into one post. And have forum readers vote on those they think are important. That way if it is ever decided to write to Palm, we can have a priority list of those things most users want. Perhaps it might even be best to send Palm just the Top 5 or so, rather than a laundry list. It is more likely that if we explain that we enjoy our Palm products but just have some suggestions on how to make them even better and here are just a few top ideas, that Palm might just listen. Rather than if we sound like a bunch of complainers that hate the products and the company that makes them and here is a list of the 100 things wrong.

I , for one, think the Palm products are great. Sure, they have some flaws - as do ALL products in this world of ours. But, there are compromises in everything and you just have to ask yourself if you are willing to live with this tradeoff or that. Sure, there are some things my stand-alone Tungsten could do better or my cell phone - but I can live with the tradeoffs the Treo delivers if it means I don't have to carry around two gadgets anymore!

Just my $.02
    the REDIAL doesnt work. It sounds like the line isnt disconnected when the phone redials.

And how about a decent REDIAL program that continues to redial until it gets through (like most simple cellphones have), not just once.

The echo cancellation software on the very quiet speakerphone is appauling. the other person gets louder and quiter, and the caller STILL hears an echo.
    Echo at the other end !!! P1 says to lower the volume to solve this problem !?!! I can't hear jack already so fix and raise the volume.
    My nokia 3390 breaks my ear if I don't lower it and a $600 can't do better than that ?

Come on Palm, we should expect a better sound quality from a device this price !
    Quote Originally Posted by ekerbuddy
    the REDIAL doesnt work. It sounds like the line isnt disconnected when the phone redials.

And how about a decent REDIAL program that continues to redial until it gets through (like most simple cellphones have), not just once.

The echo cancellation software on the very quiet speakerphone is appauling. the other person gets louder and quiter, and the caller STILL hears an echo.
    Vote here for an auto-redial app: http://discuss.treocentral.com/showthread.php?t=69988
    I agree. The sound quality is terrible. Barely audible outside!!! A cheap phone has better sound. I keep reading about this problem but when talking to Treo tech people they say no one has this problem. They said it was ONLY my phone. They offered a new one. Of course the problem is the same. I am going to ask a full refund. I am also tired of the 10-15 resets per day!
    Quote Originally Posted by Philippe
    I agree. The sound quality is terrible. Barely audible outside!!! A cheap phone has better sound. I keep reading about this problem but when talking to Treo tech people they say no one has this problem. They said it was ONLY my phone. They offered a new one. Of course the problem is the same. I am going to ask a full refund. I am also tired of the 10-15 resets per day!
    I am having this reset loop with my T-Mo SIM anytime I have a weak reception. Starting Blazer freezes the Treo and only a soft reset helps.
    With the max on volume settings, I even can't heard a message on my voicemail when on the streets of NYC ... tomorrow, I am calling Tech support; if they come up with BS, I too will ask for a full refund.
    Thinking of it, even if I love the machine, it's just not worth $600.... until they resolve all those problems.
    i wish for the treo 650 to

natively play MP3 ringtones please!!!!!

and also fix the bug where WAV and AMR files can be assigned as ringtones under Pref->Tones, but not under a favourites button. now the WAV and AMR files cannot be used as distinctive caller ringtones

and HID profile for BT, with some software support. my SE K700 had that and it was very convenient to use during presentations to control powerpoint slides, but now...

music via BT headphones would be good too.

and yes, WIFI.

i really cannot understand Palm's mentality. When the Treo 600 came along, it was way ahead of the competition, and so was a resounding success. Now, compare the Treo 650 with the XDA mini, and there isn't really much to distinguish the Treo, unless you count the innumerable number of stupid bugs that scream of poor product testing.
    Last edited by picturehause; 02/27/2005 at 10:10 PM.
    How about fixing the hotsync problem with the "OLERR" errors? Palm says, in October, that they recognize this problem but their only solution is a third party conduit? Come on...fix it!
    Dana A. Max, Psy.D.
    Licensed Psychologist
    Palm III, Palm IIIc, Palm m515, Treo 650, Centro
    FANTASTIC THREAD!!!! Thank you so much "accousticbiker"...

Wow... reasonable, technically-oriented people... awesome.
    At the same time, it's obvious that you all DO want progress in getting a decent product out of the 650... not just p**sing in the wind.

I took a much harsher approach, with less knowledge about the guts of the unit (but employed at least as much disappointment in it ) on some of my posts...

I too am a long time fan of Palm devices (still have a collection of most of them) and really want this unit to work out, before the world finds out how crappy the execution of details in it is.

I got angry enough to post this site: www.treo650update.com
    Bear in mind, it is in no way designed to compete with TreoCentral, it's not even
    designed as a forum and has no portal type engine behind it.... doesn't use v Bulletin, etc. It's purely to get the 650 job done.

I will definately be adding some of these items to the pro's and con's lists on the site.

The petition page will be up and interactive on this coming Friday, March 18.

the results of the petition will be emailed straight to PalmOne (several departments, not just the corporate clones) on a very regularl basis.

I know I need to tone it down to gain some credibility and plan to do that.
    Somebody give me some "constructive" advice on making the site more effective, after all, it's pretty harsh right now.

Thanks
    I'm providing a link to this thread from the site right now.
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast