Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Best laugh I've had in a month!

Quote Originally Posted by edgefox
    My list of (reasonable) demands.

I would really like a pause on the phone when I dial a number from contacts so I can think for a few seconds "do i really want to call this person?"

I would also like a very limited bluetooth so that I must keep my phone on me at all times, lest I hook up my BT headset and walk around and forget where I set my phone.

I would like to have a mic that clips out randomly for no reason so for when my boss calls to yell at me I can blame my cell phone for screwing up.

........ I'd like to randomly miss phone calls and not be told about it by my phone until hours later when a voicemail icon shows up, that way I feel better knowing that someone was thinking about me (unless, again it was my boss to yell at me)

I'd like for all patches and updates to be encrypted so that hackers can't break in to them and try to make them do things they were supposed to do originally, or worse yet to get the phones to be useable, that's what we pay PALM for!

I'd like to wait a long time for fixes to come out so that I can become used to the problems and then when they're finally fixed it seems like a life changing experience!

Palm I don't think these requests are unreasonable at all so if you could get on them I'd really appreciate it. thanks.
    Global Posts
    582 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fofer
    The SMS messaging app has some stupid bugs...

1) when I click on a phone number, it nicely offers to dial for me, but it only pastes in the area code. Clicking on (800) 817-9188 results in a dialog offering to dial (800). So, um, thanks, but, um, yeah, please fix that.
    I learned more about this BUG. It only happens when the SMS app is in "individual messages" mode. When it's in "chat" mode, it offers to dial the full number for you. But in "individual messages" mode, it only offers to dial the area code for you.

<grumble>
    Not since the StarTAC have I seen a mobile phone that actually displays the current date and time while in a call. I don't mean the call timer, I mean a clock. An in-call clock!

With that, I could just glance at my phone when someone wants to know when I expect to arrive somewhere. I could keep an eye on the time if I need to be getting off the phone by a certain time.

Keep the call timer. That's useful too, just not as useful as something so simple and handy... and I'd say obvious... as a clock!
    Global Posts
    426 Global Posts
    Anyone know a "stable" way to get the LED to indicate that voicemail is present?? I used to use treoallegro on my 600 until I switched to butler. Now on the 650 I was using butler, but I have had to remove it since it makes the 650 unstable. And the only feature from butler that I really really want is being able to make the LED go orange when I have voicemail. This really should be a builtin feature. But if someone knows of a simple app that can do this, I'd love to hear about it.

Dave
    I too had to give up Butler for stability reasons... once I took it off, my HotSyncs finished. The thing I most used it for was the orange LED voicemail feature. If there's another app, I would be interested as well.

Regards,
    Last edited by BillPetro; 12/29/2004 at 07:14 PM. Reason: Typo
    Bill Petro
    www.billpetro.com
    The Versamail Users Guide (page 34, or "38 of 114" in the PDF reader) says you can set up any sound as the mail alert.

I have a way cool, but totally inappropriate email sound I want to use for personal contacts.

I tried this, and only the very basic system sounds (bird, sci-fi, etc.) appear.

Did the User Guide people speak to the programmers? Ugh.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Quote Originally Posted by victrola
    Here's another idea. How 'bout leaving the option to store incoming call numbers in your Contacts on the screen for more than 2 nanoseconds. This is, after all, a phone and most cellphones have had this function for close to 10 years.
    Actually, what I'd like to see is the option to save incoming (unrecognized) calls as either new contacts OR to an existing contact.
    Global Posts
    582 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by LordByron
    Actually, what I'd like to see is the option to save incoming (unrecognized) calls as either new contacts OR to an existing contact.
    You know, since you mentioned it, I am curious about that alert. What if I check that box that says, "Don't ask me this again."

And then LATER decide that I want it back?

I haven't seen a preference field to bring it back, and now I'm afraid to turn it off since I don't know of a way to bring it back if I decide I like it after all.
  9. DDD
    I know this has been mentioned before, but now that I have a resetting problem; this is really bugging me. Everytime my 650 resets, it loses the s/n activation codes for my programs. Is there a fix for this?
    I second that! Very annoying that when I go to the missed call list I have to hit 4 keys to redial the last missed call.
    Global Posts
    571 Global Posts
    what is the point o this thread, do you really think palm will correct these problems in the t650?
    Offer the ability to add events that span more than one time zone (i.e. airplane flights that originate in one TZ and arrive in another).
    The Palm OS should be a platform. This is contained in ROM. All apps should be in RAM / SD for easy removal if the user wishes to use a different application.
    Unfortunately, the 650 has applications that are dependent upon VersaMail, such as the message count that displays on the phone app. Such things should be exposed as an API so that if Snapper implement the documented API, the number of messages in Snapper's inbox can display on the phone app. In other words, everything needs to be user configurable, or at least the programmer interfaces need be readily exposed so that a developer can create an app that can have unrestricted access to any resource, hardware or otherwise on the device.
    Global Posts
    582 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by g.711
    what is the point o this thread, do you really think palm will correct these problems in the t650?
    Yes. The most egregious bugs, yes. Perhaps not a result of this thread directly, but as a result of bug reporting through official channels (if only I knew where to find them.)
    Global Posts
    426 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Asystole
    Unfortunately, the 650 has applications that are dependent upon VersaMail, such as the message count that displays on the phone app. Such things should be exposed as an API so that if Snapper implement the documented API, the number of messages in Snapper's inbox can display on the phone app. In other words, everything needs to be user configurable, or at least the programmer interfaces need be readily exposed so that a developer can create an app that can have unrestricted access to any resource, hardware or otherwise on the device.
    Well, there is some API for this because ChatterEmail uses it. When Chatter has new email I see a chatter logo on the Phone screen followed by the number of new messages.
    Quote Originally Posted by alexzogh

Blazer:

1) Remove the 2MB download limit
    2) Allow the Cache to reside on an SD card
    Ditto!!!! Also ditto the "Add as new or existing contact" option!
    Quote Originally Posted by FastFrank
    To see this screen writing bug/error, do a "Find" for the 2nd word in a contact/address with multiple word entries. Examples:

Find "Innis" w/ entry Mac Innis
    Find "338" w/# 800-338-1234
    Find "Paint" w/company "Faux Painters"

Some combinations can be funny. Simple Bugs like this show a lack of product testing & can be the cause of more serious problems.
    Wow. An obvious C pointer bug. That should be pretty straightforward to fix.

Just as soon as they send me a copy of the source, I'll take care of it
    Quote Originally Posted by Mahootzki
    A fix for the number to be highlited in call log, instead of the cancel button...

Those idiods at P1....what the hell where they thinking

Today at CES I asked a Palm Rep about this. He acknowledged it but then proceeded to try to convince me this was a "feature". He tried to say people were having problems dialing numbers when hitting call log.

Yes, that's what we're trying to do guys! On my treo 600 it was easy to hit the center button twice and blam I'm calling someone back (usually due to the phone hanging up when I hit answer call).

Now, I hit it twice about 5 different times as I finally realize I need to press the UP key. I hate software like this. You ask it to make a call and it asks you back if you would like to make a call. Come on people.

The guy at palm one is trying to tell a USER with a complaint that his complaint isn't really a complaint. Helllooooooooooo....

Why is my $600 phone a DOWNGRADE? Yeah its got a really sharp screen. Too bad I can't play games on it because the button scheme is all screwed up!
    Quote Originally Posted by meir602
    To be included under #7.

Software to intiate soft-reset (removing back cover is ridiculous)
    {BTW For future treos, a better place for the reset hole would be in the empty space created when the stylus is removed. Right now there is a screw there. It would be a perfect spot for a reset button. Take a look.}

software to move apps to SD card and allow luanch from apps screen [i.e. home button] when "all" is selected. (something like powerRUN)

... and, yes, fix the hotsync problem!
    I on the other hand see it this way:
    I almost never have to use the reset pin. The few times I do, I don't care about removing the cover, I'm far more concerned that I had to reset at all!

And removing the battery cover is a lot less annoying than the way we used to have to unscrew the stylus tip or go scrounging for a paperclip.

And if that screw was not covered up by the stylus, than where else could it go? They'd have to make another hole somewhere nearby on the back and then plug it with another chunk of rubber. Ugly. I prefer the screw right where it is, covered up by the stylus and the reset pin is just fine and they don't have room to put both the screw and a button in there.

If you have to reset often enough that it needs to be more convenient, then I submit that the real problem that needs to be fixed is NOT to make resetting more convenient, but instead to find, fix, or flush whatever software is crashing your phone.
    Code:
    Brian K. White  --  brian@aljex.com  --  http://www.aljex.com/bkw/
    +++++[>+++[>+++++>+++++++<<-]<-]>>+.>.+++++.+++++++.-.[>+<---]>++.
    filePro BBx  Linux SCO  Prosper/FACTS AutoCAD  #callahans Satriani
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast