Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Add the option of NOT having the screen come alive when cominig in and out of roaming
    I second that!!

Quote Originally Posted by Mahootzki
    A fix for the number to be highlited in call log, instead of the cancel button...

Those idiods at P1....what the hell where they thinking
    On deleting a record from the address book, the programs jumps to the last record in the database. It should just jump to the very next recrod.
    To see this screen writing bug/error, do a "Find" for the 2nd word in a contact/address with multiple word entries. Examples:

Find "Innis" w/ entry Mac Innis
    Find "338" w/# 800-338-1234
    Find "Paint" w/company "Faux Painters"

Some combinations can be funny. Simple Bugs like this show a lack of product testing & can be the cause of more serious problems.
    FastFrank
    Another VersaMail bug: Updating an email address using Options..Add to Contacts causes soft reset.

I got an email from a friend, but it was his from his new email address. With his message open, I select Options..Add to Contacts. It asks for the First nd Last name, I put that in. THen it recognizes the cnotact already exists, and asks me if I want to update the address. I select "Update" and it crashes.
    Please, the phone itself needs to be upgraded, the mic, the memory.
    How about changing the Tasks app to respond to the cound settings for Calendar, NOT the general sound settings? (Why do I need to hear all my screen taps on the loudest setting just to have my Tasks alarms go off?)
    P1 should give $100 gift certificates to their store for each Valid Bug found with a setup to reproduce the error so they can find it.

When I was working (now retired) we paid at least $100/hr and it could take a whole day to isolate and reproduce an error, sometimes multiple days. A bargain I would say.

This would lead to better product(s) for P1 and eventually to us, the users.
    FastFrank
    Versamail has some really annoying problems that could be easily fixed.

When I'm getting mail in VersaMail, if I put the Treo in my pocket, my Piel Frama case usually ends up depressing the Alt key. Then up pops the ridiculous dialog explaining "Alt Key: This key lets you enter accents and symbols..." blah blah blah! Meanwhile, my mail stops downloading, and by the time I check my Treo again, the download has timed out! Why would anyone even think the Alt key tip should be enabled during mail checks, much less pause the program?

So PalmOne, here's a critical fix for Versamail: disable the Alt key during fetch!

Also, another important, although somewhat more complex, fix: add a cancel option during lengthy mail checks.
    BTmute now works! This program will increase the volume in your BT headset.

Jeff
    Attached Files Attached Files
  11.    #31  
    Thanks, Jeff! Can it be run from an SD card?
    Quote Originally Posted by acousticbiker
    Thanks, Jeff! Can it be run from an SD card?
    Haven't tried it but I don't see why not. I'm running zlauncher so I wouldn't be a good test anyway. Any takers to give it a try?

Jeff
    Jeff, I really appreaciate the fact you built this program. Its going to save me a TON of trouble, but as I posted in an earlier thread, its a TEMPORARY fix. To be honest, the "mute" trick only works 75% of the time for me, and even then its not always loud enough. I drive a lot and I drive a truck. Not the quietest of vehicles (just a GMC, not a semi or anything) and I would really like to see a total 110% increase in volume. It should be LOUD! Our headsets all have volume control, so the "master" volume from the phone should be as LOUD as it can be. I just don't want Palm to write this one off their list because they think you've fixed it.
    The other thing is that the BT is still crackley. The "sound" fix should fix this issue, but still, its annoying. How about making the "phone" parts work P1? Oh, and I second the "incredibly slow" phone app nomination! Get something done, P1.
    Go here if you're tired of being .
    It'll be fun.
    In all seriousness, the bluetooth-pda-sync serial port on the mac has significant problems with the 650 when trying to sync producing errors such as "PPP timout (0x1231)" and others when using Hotsync, Missing Sync and others.
    Quote Originally Posted by DrDoom
    Jeff, I really appreaciate the fact you built this program. Its going to save me a TON of trouble, but as I posted in an earlier thread, its a TEMPORARY fix. To be honest, the "mute" trick only works 75% of the time for me, and even then its not always loud enough. I drive a lot and I drive a truck. Not the quietest of vehicles (just a GMC, not a semi or anything) and I would really like to see a total 110% increase in volume. It should be LOUD! Our headsets all have volume control, so the "master" volume from the phone should be as LOUD as it can be. I just don't want Palm to write this one off their list because they think you've fixed it.
    The other thing is that the BT is still crackley. The "sound" fix should fix this issue, but still, its annoying. How about making the "phone" parts work P1? Oh, and I second the "incredibly slow" phone app nomination! Get something done, P1.
    You are welcome! I do hope this application makes peoples listening lives just a little better. I am with you however, i want this problem to be FIXED by P1 ASAP. I have been very disappointed in the overall quality of this new 650! This device should never have been released with this many Sev 1 issues. I just hope that P1 makes everything "right" by putting out a new ROM that solves these high profile problems.

Jeff
    I'm lucky I guess in that the auto fetch has been working fine for me w/ yahoo. No luck w/ activesync for my corp mail but I think that's due to my company's IT setup (I work for a company w/ about 100,000 people so I didn't get very far when I called the help desk in India on this issue). Anyway I do see several minor improvements that should be made to versamail:

* allow auto fetch to get entire messages up to user specified size (why should I have to re fetch every msg over 5k)

* add 5 way navigator support to access links

* add 'bookmarking' - every time you exit the program it starts back at the top of the inbox. I like how Snapper holds the place in the msg list and within the last msg you had open.

* archival to memory card (this was a great idea from Snapper but with the memory shortage it's now essential).

* related - allow default sending app from Pics & Videos to be changed from SMS to Versa, etc (have to manually select each time).

I know there's more of these...overall though I like the clean look of versamail and I love the background send/rec. I was used to snapper taking over the phone every 30 min. Now if I could just get activesync to work ans dump the Seven beta...
    I would like to add my pet peeve: The old "buttons" control panel where we could assign any app we wanted to all the 4 buttons, not just 2 of them.
    try quickswitch from standalone. The only problem is that now I can't turn the phone off I guess that is okay. I really miss that dedicated power button with phone radio control.
    Everex Freestyle - Casio E-105 - Palm Vx - Treo 90 - Treo 300 - Treo 600 - Treo 650 - Treo 700p -Centro
    here's a long standing one:

fix the damm " clipboard limit exceeded" in memo pad already!!!!!!!!!

Does ms smartphones have the dreaded 1024 byte clipboard limit?
    Quote Originally Posted by bmacfarland
    I think it's reasonable to add a VersaMail patch that actually goes and gets the mail when you schedule it. It seems to only want to do it when it feels like it and thus far I don't think anyone has come up with a fix.
    How about a VeraMail patch where it doesn't crash when you add categories?
    Here's another idea. How 'bout leaving the option to store incoming call numbers in your Contacts on the screen for more than 2 nanoseconds. This is, after all, a phone and most cellphones have had this function for close to 10 years.
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast