1.    #1  
    i just traded up from my 1 week onld 600 to my new 650.. as asked i uninstalled all the palm software from my desktop before installing the software ( palm desktop) that came wiht my new 650 .. now i cant get it to sync? i have tried usp ports that i know are good and it did reconige the treo and new hareware and asked for the disc to install the drivers and now nothing? this is what happens when i sync...
    i hit the sync button and after about 30 seconds...
    i get this message:
    " the connedtion between your handheld computer and the desktop could not be setablished . Please check your setiup and try again."

any ideas?
    If you have PDA Net for the Treo 600, you need to uninstall it (and PDA Reach, if you have that as well) before the new hotsync will work.
    Highly Mobile iPhone User

Palm Pilot -> Palm Pilot Pro -> HP 620LX -> Palm VII -> Palm VIIx -> Ipaq 3270 -> Treo 300 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> Treo 700p - iPhone - iPhone 3G
    Global Posts
    779 Global Posts
    Similar problem for me. I was syncing my 650 just fine for weeks, then one day: nothing. Press the sync button, wait 30 seconds, timeout. I didn't change anything on the PC side. I'm not running Butler on the Treo, so it's gotta be something else I installed. I just tried installing Palm Desktop on a brand new XP machine and get the same timeout thing! Ugh, that means something on my Treo (or I guess the USB sync cable could have gone bad). I've got BackupMan backups, but am a bit scared to do a hard reset....
    Quote Originally Posted by ERicJ
    but am a bit scared to do a hard reset....
    Try a regular Soft Reset to see if that helps.
    MarkEagle
    .....<a href="http://discussion.treocentral.com/tcforum/index.php?s=">TreoCentral</a> | <a href="http://discussion.visorcentral.com/vcforum/index.php?s=">VisorCentral</a> Forum Moderator - Forum Guidelines
    .....Sprint PCS Treo 650
    .....God bless America, my home sweet home...
    Global Posts
    779 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkEagle
    Try a regular Soft Reset to see if that helps.
    Tried that, no dice.