1.    #1  
    Does anybody know of a word processing program for the palm pilot, it would be great to write an essay on the road without lugging a notebook comp around. All i really need is something that i would be able to put into micro$oft word when im done with the writing on the palm/visor.
    Look no farther than SmartDoc. It's a great little reader/editor.
    http://www.cesinc.com/smartdoc/smartdoc.html

You might also want to check on the utility, Documents to Go, depending on your needs.
    http://www.dataviz.com/
    I humbly agree with the Voice of God. SmartDoc is a nice solution.
    How about QED?

Is SmartDOC better?

[This message has been edited by Eug (edited 01-06-2000).]
    OK, I got SmartDoc AND QED. I like SmartDoc a lot more. BUT - - is there a way to get a doc from my Visor *back* to the PC after editing it? My goal is to be able to work on the plane or wherever without having to pull out my laptop. When I get to the hotel of the office, I'd then sync it back to the laptop and deal with it there.

Any thoughts?

------------------
    What if your sole purpose in life is to serve as a warning to others?
    Originally posted by Svenski:
    OK, I got SmartDoc AND QED. I like SmartDoc a lot more. BUT - - is there a way to get a doc from my Visor *back* to the PC after editing it? My goal is to be able to work on the plane or wherever without having to pull out my laptop.
    So I just installed the demo and it seems good.

Well, when you sync to your laptop (esp. if you use Backup Buddy) there should be a copy of the doc file in your backup directory. If not, then press the "info" button in SmartDoc while in the file and check off "backup when hotsync" to make sure it gets put there.

Take that file and convert it with QEX or PalmDocs or something like that. That method works great with standard doc files. By the way, PalmDocs works from WITHIN Word, while QEX is a separate program.

[This message has been edited by Eug (edited 01-06-2000).]