1.    #1  
    I am just now getting the hang of my T600 and am very much a novice.

I have what may seem like a silly question to you pros, but please bear with me --

What do I need to play music and listen to ebooks on my T600? I assume I am going to need some sort of card -- what do you recommend?

What about battery life? I currently commute 90 min each way to work in a vanpool and it sure would be nice to be ablt to listen to music or audiobooks. Thanks in advance for your help!
    Try a search for audible.com & pTunes
    Get the biggest card you can! You can find 1 GB SD cards for as cheap as $60 bucks fyi. Just make sure the card is min 32x or better imo. Then use apps like Ptunes which is a great audio player and audible.com for ebooks... cheers!

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    I use a ripper to convert my Books On CD to mp3s and put them on a card to listen to on ptunes, Works great!
  5.    #6  
    I am assuming that I need to get new headphones -- it would seem to not take advantage of the sound with just the one earbud? Is this right and do you have any suggestions for headphones? And what about battery life when listening to ebooks and music?
    Sound will come out speaker and not normal earpod.
    Check out Seidio.
    http://www.seidioonline.com/ProductD...RSOVTR600%2DSL
    You should be able to get hours worth; more than talk time of phone.
    Global Posts
    586 Global Posts
    joirhone, check out this thread regarding headphones.
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...ad.php?t=66343
    Hope it helps...
    Vince
  8.    #9  
    thanks for all the help -- I downloaded ptunes. Pretty straight forward, but the text on every skin (not the artist title, but the volume, balance, etc) is like hyroglphic (sp?). Am I doing something wrong? I have dowloaded 4 skins and they are all the same. ALso, I was trying to test the sound -- it is coming out of the speaker when I plug in the treo earbud -- is that right until I get the stereo headset?
    Quote Originally Posted by joirhone
    thanks for all the help -- I downloaded ptunes. Pretty straight forward, but the text on every skin (not the artist title, but the volume, balance, etc) is like hyroglphic (sp?). Am I doing something wrong? I have dowloaded 4 skins and they are all the same. ALso, I was trying to test the sound -- it is coming out of the speaker when I plug in the treo earbud -- is that right until I get the stereo headset?

It depends on the skin. I use the color high fidelity skin and there is an icon on the lower left to toggle the view to aritst etc...

Also, audio does not play via headset by default unfortunately. You need either stereo heaphones or audio adapter. However there is an app called freedom from toysoft.ca that allows you to play via headset:

http://toysoft.ca/freedom.html

Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
  10.    #11  
    where did you get the color hi fidelity skin?
    Quote Originally Posted by joirhone
    where did you get the color hi fidelity skin?
    http://www.pocket-tunes.com/skins/mo...rHiFiLow.shtml